26th March 2012, 09:33 PM   |  #131  
Flag http://geekdrop.com
Thanks Meter: 0

49 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anteko

My nook will not turn on when I have an SD card in it... when I remove the SD card it will boot right up, but whenever I have the SD card in it refuses to turn on. Any ideas how to fix this?

One strange issue that's cropped up on my rooted nook tab is once in a while it'll pretend it's bricked.. I say pretend because no matter how much I press either the power button, or the nook button, or for how long I press either of them, or even plug the charger cable that came with it in, it just won't boot up.

Oddly enough I've found when this happens if I plug in a regular Android charger cable, like the one that comes with my Thunderbolt phone (even though it doesn't fit quite right) it'll suddenly come back to life. You could give that a try also to see if it helps.
27th March 2012, 08:44 PM   |  #132  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 150

148 posts
Hi. I used the second method to internally install the CWM recovery but I ran into the following problem. Pressing the power + n buttons will get the device into recovery, but when i choose any of the menu option in there I get no sub-menus displayed. So if i choose backup/recover, I get an empty screen. Pressing power will bring me back to the main menu.

I couldn't find anything about this here. Does anybody know what's wrong?

Thanks.

Edit: I've also tried the recovery flasher APK, but no difference. I would very much appreciate someone's help on this.

Edit 2: Okay, just figured out that it works with the 'n' button instead of power button.
Last edited by sebouh00; 29th March 2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: spelling
9th April 2012, 02:57 PM   |  #133  
Flag Orangevale, CA
Thanks Meter: 485

2,597 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgraves

After installing EASEUS Partition Master, and inserting SD card into PC

1. Right Click existing partition on SD card and select "delete partition"

2. Right Click on * (unallocated) and select "Create Partition"

3.create partition as follows:
Create as : primary
File System: FAT32
Unallocated Space before: 0
Partition Size: 50 MB

Click OK

4. Right Click on new partition (should be Approx 54 MB) and select "set active"

5. Click apply in main menu

6. a dialog box will open stating "3 changes are pending, Apply changes now?" Select yes

7. In a few minutes a dialog will open stating 3 changes were completed successfully. Select OK.

8. Close EASUS Partition Master

9. Extract the contents of the NT-CWM_SD to the root of your 50MB partition.

10. verify 4 files are in the root of your card (boot, flashing boot MLO, and u-boot). If they are in folder, you must move them from the folder to the root of your SD Card, you can then delete the empty folder.

11. Using windows explorer, right click on your SD-Card and select "eject"

12. remove the SD card from your PC

13. power off your nook and insert the CWM SD card in the slot.

14. Power on your nook, and it will bot into CWM v 5.5.0.4

15. you can now remove the CWM sd card and install a new one for back-ups.

I followed these instructions, and it still doesn't boot anything from the SD card. I am so LOST, this Nook Tablet is pissing me off!

EDIT: Nevermind, I finally got it to load with the "power off/plug in USB" trick.
Last edited by GuyInDogSuit; 9th April 2012 at 04:06 PM.
10th April 2012, 09:07 AM   |  #134  
Flag Orangevale, CA
Thanks Meter: 485

2,597 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am having major issues with this damn tablet. It's my friend's actually, and he wanted to install CM7, but we got stuck at flashing the ROM. I boot into CWM, wipe data, and choose the CM7 zip, it says "opening update," then "Installing update," and then it just up and reboots. Or, most of the time it just freezes at "opening update." Hell, it freezes while I'm navigating the menu half the time. I tried booting from the SD card to install CWM to the SD card this time, but it refuses to recognize it this time around, even after formatting and partitioning it and copying the files again. Apparently the SD card installation is the only way to fix this? ADB detects it but I don't know how to use that to fix this, as nothing I've read in that regard seems to work. I can't restore and I can't flash, so is this Nook Tablet screwed? Do I owe my friend a new one?

UPDATE: I was able to fix the partitions using a script loaded in adb shell, two errors, in fact, but that still didn't solve my problem, it seems. The ROM won't flash, but instead hangs at "Opening update package," still. It's not rebooting anymore, not yet. But I can't flash still. Help?
Last edited by GuyInDogSuit; 10th April 2012 at 12:53 PM.
11th April 2012, 10:13 AM   |  #135  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 21

94 posts
More
Smile
thank you devs for all your hard work.....im having a devil of a time getting my 8gb to boot into sd clckwrk.....running cm7 from sd card and can install to internal just fine....i turn it off put in the new (1 gig formatted per instructions) sd when and if it boot it just hangs on the black n screen, any help would be apreciated. Thank you.
12th April 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #136  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 21

94 posts
More
Unhappy
i cannot for the life of me get this 8gb nook to boot cwm off usb i have tried evrything in the forums here....i have cwm on internal and can run cm7 from sd, but id like to be able to boot into stock (cant right now) and the fix needs a cwm form sd. i have the sd card formatted 50 mb active lba set tried different cards....i am stuck.
14th April 2012, 08:45 AM   |  #137  
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadSquirrel

I am having major issues with this damn tablet. It's my friend's actually, and he wanted to install CM7, but we got stuck at flashing the ROM. I boot into CWM, wipe data, and choose the CM7 zip, it says "opening update," then "Installing update," and then it just up and reboots. Or, most of the time it just freezes at "opening update." Hell, it freezes while I'm navigating the menu half the time. I tried booting from the SD card to install CWM to the SD card this time, but it refuses to recognize it this time around, even after formatting and partitioning it and copying the files again. Apparently the SD card installation is the only way to fix this? ADB detects it but I don't know how to use that to fix this, as nothing I've read in that regard seems to work. I can't restore and I can't flash, so is this Nook Tablet screwed? Do I owe my friend a new one?

UPDATE: I was able to fix the partitions using a script loaded in adb shell, two errors, in fact, but that still didn't solve my problem, it seems. The ROM won't flash, but instead hangs at "Opening update package," still. It's not rebooting anymore, not yet. But I can't flash still. Help?

I`ve exactly the same problem, it just hangs on installing update, or it might go to reboot(seem to depend on what rom i try). It also won`t boot from SD(tried with and w\o cable pluged). And it wont boot anythere futher then reading screen. Please help!
PS: I`ve used SD card to root my 8gb nook, than installed flasher apk, flashed cwm, reboot and the result is above....
14th April 2012, 06:56 PM   |  #138  
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
Ok, i managed to boot from SD card to cm7...but trying to boot from internal gets me to read forever screen...(
12th October 2012, 04:03 PM   |  #139  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
The first download link doesn't work!
12th October 2012, 07:56 PM   |  #140  
Thanks Meter: 321

1,279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvmax

The first download link doesn't work!

The MediaFire link? Works fine for me.