Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 50,114 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Quality of the camera?

Tip us?

slugger09
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Quality of the camera?

How would you guys rate the camera in the incredible S? I am finding it OK but no where near as good as my wife's sgs2. What's your thoughts? I had an iPhone 4 before and I'd put it in the same bracket as that.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

josalvmo
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I feel ok over other androids

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

TheJimFish
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It's good if you're on a custom Rom

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA App

thelostlegend
Old
Thanks Meter 109
i'm using htc amaze camera in my IS and its by far the best mobile cam i've used even compared it with sgs2 it beat the **** out sgs2 in stills
1) HTC Incredible S | revolutionary s-off | 4EXT Recovery Touch |

2) SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3

3) Xiaomi MI 3 Stock MIUI V5

itandy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,050
For me, I found the quality of IncS camera just average. It's too much noise and doesn't perform good in low light condition. Even my previous Hero (5M) has better quality than it.
My phone
Sony Xperia ZR | Rooted Stock ROM 4.4.2 | Stock kernel | Dual CWM/TWRP recovery | Samsung 32GB UHS-I

HTC Incredible S | Blackrose 2.02 HBOOT | 4EXT Touch | CM11 VivoKat | TESCO Kernel 3.0.101 | 3831.18.00.28 radio | SanDisk Ultra UHS-I 32GB

My work
Photo Frame&Grid Widget | Android Phone Vibrator - Xposed | Ringer & Notification Volume Unlink in ICS/JB - Xposed | Notification Direct Launcher - Xposed | Xperia Stamina LED - Xposed | Xperia/AOSP NavBar Buttons - Xposed

shields360
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I've never had any problems. It think the picture quality is excellent. Some of the still images I have look better than pictures my gf took on her 14mpx camera.

Sent from my Incredible S using xda premium

slugger09
Old
(Last edited by slugger09; 16th January 2012 at 07:23 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
I must try and do a side by side comparison v an SGS2, I've found on the phone screen when look at it pics seem fine, when you download them and display on the computer they have no where near as much detail i've found them a bit artefact. This was a photo I took on a SGS2, I've always loved how much detail it gives.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-09-19 09.35.31.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	859089  

Nonverbose
Old
Thanks Meter 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger09 View Post
I must try and do a side by side comparison v an SGS2, I've found on the phone screen when look at it pics seem fine, when you download them and display on the computer they have no where near as much detail i've found them a bit artefact. This was a photo I took on a SGS2, I've always loved how much detail it gives.
The image you have provided looks somewhat overexposed. There's also no comparison pic to understand the issues you have brought up.

There's a guide for the dhd here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=875230 you might be able to apply some of the settings on the Inc s.
Phone: Incredible S s-off
Hboot: Revolutionary
Recovery: 4EXT touch
Kernel: Redux
Radio: 3831.18.00.28_M
The Following User Says Thank You to Nonverbose For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

key2gb
Old
Thanks Meter 3
the stock camera is great - but once you get rid of Sense by flashing a AOSP ROM, the camera sucks. I have CM7.1 and the one thing I miss is the Sense camera.

Enes_81
Old
Thanks Meter 27
It is RUBBISH!