Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,308 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[XAP] SMSBackup V0.9, Backup & Export SMS/MSN/Facebook Messages [Updated 2012-05-19]

Tip us?

NebZoNe
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by marek1 View Post
So put it to folder \applications\Data\09125EA9***\Data\IsolatedStore ?

You ment "sms.xml" or "CommsBackup.xml"?

Thanks.
The path is good and i ment "sms.xml", works like a charm.

vasileios13
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks for SMSBackup V0.3...........

shinichi_wtn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by marek1 View Post
So put it to folder \applications\Data\09125EA9***\Data\IsolatedStore ?

You ment "sms.xml" or "CommsBackup.xml"?

Thanks.
As NebZoNe said, if you just want to import old sms to SMSBackup app, you can backup the "sms.xml" to your computer and then use Isolate Storage Tool to re-insert "sms.xml" to the app.

If you want to restore sms in windows phone. the SMS actually stored in "\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Stores\DeviceStore\store.vo l". To backup and restore this file will keep your text messages and contacts remain the same.

I try to use the provision way to copy an old backup store.vol to the origin location, after doing that, the messages and contacts do not change to an old state. But when I restart my phone, it works!!! My contacts and sms are now restored from an old store.vol.

Then if we want to flash or upgrade our phones while keeping our short messages and contacts, we first backup the store.vol. After flashing we put it back.

In the next version(v0.4), I will implement a restore feature.
The Following User Says Thank You to shinichi_wtn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shinichi_wtn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxbot View Post
Hey, good job! App works like a charm, especially the SkyDrive integration.

In fact, I made a quick video tutorial of it, in case anyone's curious on the SkyDrive / isolated storage process:

(Sorry for completely botching your name at the beginning )
nice tutorial

D@vide
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi, as already mentioned this app works fine on my htc Mozart. Thank you very much for your efforts

Now I'd like to try what you already did, so, could you explain how to to use the provision way to copy an old backup store.vol to the origin location? Tools and procedure I mean, cause with wpdm can't access that path.

Thank you

D@vide
Nokia Lumia 820 with 64GB MicroSD - HTC Mozart unlocked & Mango Updated...still unlocked - HTC TouchPro2 Energy on board - HTC P3600 (no more TIM branded) with 8Gb Sandisk micro-sd and adapter * 1Gb Kingmax minisd * cooked & recooked rom on board * - I-mate K-JAM with 512 MB Sandisk Minisd - qtek2020-qtek9090-hp4150-hp1940 and many other sd - Asus Vivo Tab RT - iPad 2 & 4 generation 64 GB - iPhone 4S 64GB - Samsung Galaxy S - Samsung Galaxy Next
Now playing with WD My book Live NAS 2 Tbyte

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2645
I'm not sure that copying the backupstore.vol is going to do any good (that is, it's a backup, not the live store, so who knows if the phone will care?) but if your provision driver is working (i.e. you can etract the file to begin with) copying it back is pretty easy.

First, get the file onto your filesystem. You can use any number of tools for this; I typically go with the webserver app. Isolated storage explorer also works, as does SkyDrive if you change the extension to .txt (will appear in your \My Documents folder) Remember the full path (for example, \Applications\Data\<APPGUID>\Data\IsolatedStore\<F ILENAME>). Then, install the DiagProvXML app. You can use it to craft a File Move provml pretty easily, and it will execute it for you. If you need, the MSDN documentation for provxml FileOperation is here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb737563.aspx with example: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb737633.aspx

Of course, if you have a working HtcUtility driver (see the HtcRoot project), you can use the HtcRoot version of the WebServer app. It will soon have the ability to upload a file to anywhere.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D@vide
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
I'm not sure that copying the backupstore.vol is going to do any good (that is, it's a backup, not the live store, so who knows if the phone will care?) but if your provision driver is working (i.e. you can etract the file to begin with) copying it back is pretty easy.

First, get the file onto your filesystem. You can use any number of tools for this; I typically go with the webserver app. Isolated storage explorer also works, as does SkyDrive if you change the extension to .txt (will appear in your \My Documents folder) Remember the full path (for example, \Applications\Data\<APPGUID>\Data\IsolatedStore\<F ILENAME>). Then, install the DiagProvXML app. You can use it to craft a File Move provml pretty easily, and it will execute it for you. If you need, the MSDN documentation for provxml FileOperation is here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb737563.aspx with example: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb737633.aspx

Of course, if you have a working HtcUtility driver (see the HtcRoot project), you can use the HtcRoot version of the WebServer app. It will soon have the ability to upload a file to anywhere.
Tank you very much! I'll try as soon as possibile, I'm so busy at work now :/
Nokia Lumia 820 with 64GB MicroSD - HTC Mozart unlocked & Mango Updated...still unlocked - HTC TouchPro2 Energy on board - HTC P3600 (no more TIM branded) with 8Gb Sandisk micro-sd and adapter * 1Gb Kingmax minisd * cooked & recooked rom on board * - I-mate K-JAM with 512 MB Sandisk Minisd - qtek2020-qtek9090-hp4150-hp1940 and many other sd - Asus Vivo Tab RT - iPad 2 & 4 generation 64 GB - iPhone 4S 64GB - Samsung Galaxy S - Samsung Galaxy Next
Now playing with WD My book Live NAS 2 Tbyte

shinichi_wtn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by D@vide View Post
Hi, as already mentioned this app works fine on my htc Mozart. Thank you very much for your efforts

Now I'd like to try what you already did, so, could you explain how to to use the provision way to copy an old backup store.vol to the origin location? Tools and procedure I mean, cause with wpdm can't access that path.

Thank you

D@vide
GoodDayToDie have told the technical part very clearly

Now you can directly use SMSBackup V0.4 to backup and restore "store.vol".

BellPego
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Version 0.4 gives back an error.. :S

dxdy
Old
Thanks Meter 1655

DONATE TO ME
v3 work fine with HTC HD2 Pdaimatejam Rom v7 test version... also work in combination with wf Phone Tools
not yet tried v4
HTC HD2 * download Pdaimatejam ROM's + radio's
WP7 ROM Install Tutorial v2.5
Battery saving tricks for HD2

Change Live account region - https://live.xbox.com/AccountMigration

Gmail/Google settings, sync and calendar under WP7.8

My devices: Nokia Lumia 920 developer unlocked, HTC HD2 (sold), GoClever TAB T76 GPS TV

I spent half my money on computers, smartphones, alcohol and girls... The other half I wasted. (modern version of W.C. Fields quote)

Tags
backup, export, short message, smsbackup