Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[XAP] SMSBackup V0.9, Backup & Export SMS/MSN/Facebook Messages [Updated 2012-05-19]

OP shinichi_wtn

21st January 2012, 05:12 AM   |  #41  
Flag Paris (suburbs)
Thanks Meter: 65

373 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marek1

So put it to folder \applications\Data\09125EA9***\Data\IsolatedStore ?

You ment "sms.xml" or "CommsBackup.xml"?

Thanks.

The path is good and i ment "sms.xml", works like a charm.
22nd January 2012, 11:59 AM   |  #42  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
More
Thanks for SMSBackup V0.3...........
23rd January 2012, 04:04 AM   |  #43  
OP Member
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 81

58 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by marek1

So put it to folder \applications\Data\09125EA9***\Data\IsolatedStore ?

You ment "sms.xml" or "CommsBackup.xml"?

Thanks.

As NebZoNe said, if you just want to import old sms to SMSBackup app, you can backup the "sms.xml" to your computer and then use Isolate Storage Tool to re-insert "sms.xml" to the app.

If you want to restore sms in windows phone. the SMS actually stored in "\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Stores\DeviceStore\store.vo l". To backup and restore this file will keep your text messages and contacts remain the same.

I try to use the provision way to copy an old backup store.vol to the origin location, after doing that, the messages and contacts do not change to an old state. But when I restart my phone, it works!!! My contacts and sms are now restored from an old store.vol.

Then if we want to flash or upgrade our phones while keeping our short messages and contacts, we first backup the store.vol. After flashing we put it back.

In the next version(v0.4), I will implement a restore feature.
The Following User Says Thank You to shinichi_wtn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2012, 06:54 AM   |  #44  
OP Member
Flag Beijing

58 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxbot

Hey, good job! App works like a charm, especially the SkyDrive integration.

In fact, I made a quick video tutorial of it, in case anyone's curious on the SkyDrive / isolated storage process:

(Sorry for completely botching your name at the beginning )

nice tutorial
23rd January 2012, 06:50 PM   |  #45  
Hi, as already mentioned this app works fine on my htc Mozart. Thank you very much for your efforts

Now I'd like to try what you already did, so, could you explain how to to use the provision way to copy an old backup store.vol to the origin location? Tools and procedure I mean, cause with wpdm can't access that path.

Thank you

D@vide
24th January 2012, 02:11 AM   |  #46  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,791

5,877 posts
More
I'm not sure that copying the backupstore.vol is going to do any good (that is, it's a backup, not the live store, so who knows if the phone will care?) but if your provision driver is working (i.e. you can etract the file to begin with) copying it back is pretty easy.

First, get the file onto your filesystem. You can use any number of tools for this; I typically go with the webserver app. Isolated storage explorer also works, as does SkyDrive if you change the extension to .txt (will appear in your \My Documents folder) Remember the full path (for example, \Applications\Data\<APPGUID>\Data\IsolatedStore\<F ILENAME>). Then, install the DiagProvXML app. You can use it to craft a File Move provml pretty easily, and it will execute it for you. If you need, the MSDN documentation for provxml FileOperation is here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb737563.aspx with example: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb737633.aspx

Of course, if you have a working HtcUtility driver (see the HtcRoot project), you can use the HtcRoot version of the WebServer app. It will soon have the ability to upload a file to anywhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2012, 12:50 PM   |  #47  
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

I'm not sure that copying the backupstore.vol is going to do any good (that is, it's a backup, not the live store, so who knows if the phone will care?) but if your provision driver is working (i.e. you can etract the file to begin with) copying it back is pretty easy.

First, get the file onto your filesystem. You can use any number of tools for this; I typically go with the webserver app. Isolated storage explorer also works, as does SkyDrive if you change the extension to .txt (will appear in your \My Documents folder) Remember the full path (for example, \Applications\Data\<APPGUID>\Data\IsolatedStore\<F ILENAME>). Then, install the DiagProvXML app. You can use it to craft a File Move provml pretty easily, and it will execute it for you. If you need, the MSDN documentation for provxml FileOperation is here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb737563.aspx with example: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb737633.aspx

Of course, if you have a working HtcUtility driver (see the HtcRoot project), you can use the HtcRoot version of the WebServer app. It will soon have the ability to upload a file to anywhere.

Tank you very much! I'll try as soon as possibile, I'm so busy at work now :/
26th January 2012, 05:35 PM   |  #48  
OP Member
Flag Beijing

58 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by D@vide

Hi, as already mentioned this app works fine on my htc Mozart. Thank you very much for your efforts

Now I'd like to try what you already did, so, could you explain how to to use the provision way to copy an old backup store.vol to the origin location? Tools and procedure I mean, cause with wpdm can't access that path.

Thank you

D@vide

GoodDayToDie have told the technical part very clearly

Now you can directly use SMSBackup V0.4 to backup and restore "store.vol".
26th January 2012, 09:33 PM   |  #49  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 12

124 posts
More
Version 0.4 gives back an error.. :S
27th January 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #50  
Thanks Meter: 1,695

3,691 posts
Donate to Me
More
v3 work fine with HTC HD2 Pdaimatejam Rom v7 test version... also work in combination with wf Phone Tools
not yet tried v4

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, export, short message, smsbackup
Previous Thread Next Thread