Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 50,834 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UNOFFICIAL][DEV/GEEKS-ONLY] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)[BETA4][KANG TEST BUILD]

Tip us?

gymfreak7855
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbinodray View Post
@ Arjen,

Try This. I don't now why the hell I am getting this.

HTML Code:
 Could not load camera HAL module
This is old. Been there tried that
Model: Motorola Defy MB525 (Bayer )
ROM: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean/Cyanogenmod 10.2 (Thanks to Quarx)
CLOCK SPEED: 600mhz~1000mhz
CPU GOVENOR: Ondemand

Retired/Dead devices: Lg Optimus One P500*2, Nokia 3120c, Samsung GT-S5511T, ZTE R6, Samsung M300, Nokia 2112 Nokia 3315

Windows fanboys watch your backs, I'm a Mac/Linux user

If you think I've helped you in anyway or just want to spam me, HIT THE THANKS BUTTON

haleeben
Old
(Last edited by haleeben; 8th February 2012 at 09:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Beta 2, Franco3.0, min=480 max=710

I am having a problem with video playback, audio in the video is fine but picture is lagging. Other than that everything is running very smooth 3D games, apps, wifi, 3G. Nice work , thanks guys.

oh one other thing, when I tried to launch Portable Hotspot it didn't work and then I could not toggle WiFi or 3G on or off, had to reboot to fix.

sweetbinodray
Old
Thanks Meter 2936
Default Guys who doesn't know about camera problem here we go.

Guys who doesn't know about camera problem here we go.

Quote:
Quote:
Due to the change in ICS that requires moving the camera driver from libcamera to libhardware (like GPS and other devices for Gingerbread), a new driver has to be written.

The problem with this is that many data structures have changed. I couldn't get a single one to compile with the ICS SDK. There are many fundamental changes in the way memory is shared for preview/pictures/video, so that will need to be addressed. I have addressed picture only functionality in the skeleton driver, which will show how to transfer a picture back to the HAL.

ICS Camera Driver Overview

The driver seems to be very generic to most Qualcomm SoCs, so either approach should work for many other devices.

New Driver

See CameraHal_Module.cpp from the ICS source code to see what functions needs to be implemented. It needs to be placed in /system/lib/hw/camera.<target_name_in_build.prop>.so and have the struct "camera_module_t HAL_MODULE_INFO_SYM" inside the code, which the HAL looks for before loading. Once it is loaded, you must implement a few dozen functions to get it to work.

Old Driver

The old drivers primary interface with Android is through libcamera. This loads liboemcamera, which sends commands to the camera kernel driver and the Snapdragon DSP. Liboemcamera is a propriatary library with no documentation apart from the source for QualcommCameraHardware.cpp (which compiles to libcamera.so). The actual Linux kernel module is just a simple I2C bridge to control the camera, and provides no real interface.

Current code/skeleton driver available:
If you Like my work please feel free to download one of my paid App. It just keeps me working. All of my Paid and Free Apps can be found on Playstore. Find my all free icon collections in one place.

Follow Me on G+ for most recent updates
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetbinodray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_Arjen_
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5673
Quote:
Originally Posted by pymebrahimi View Post
Hi... I found this error on my phone's logcat for connecting to wifi... it happens when i'm turning it on... it does not show any network... this error exists with Beta2 ROM when using Stock and Franco v3 Kernel:

23:39:55.547 Error WifiStateMachine 1585 Failed to reload STA firmware java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error communicating to native daemon

23:39:55.980 Error WifiConfigStore 1585 Error parsing configurationjava.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/misc/wifi/ipconfig.txt: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)

could anyone help about this error?!
Is it right after boot, or does it occur after a few hours, after wake?
Please be more specific

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

@sweetbinodray
Hope some do realize now how much work it is

Thanks for posting this

LastStandingDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 2323
We should seriously respect the developers. And not begging for fix this or that. I know its hard to just doesn't. As your excited. I know how hard it is but we seriously got to do it. // XDA-Member

Sent From My TF101 TAB
S5 Stock ROM SM-G900D ^__•

Proud User Of

lupohirp
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7404

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbinodray View Post
Guys who doesn't know about camera problem here we go.
good yesterday i had so many problems.....every build that i compiled didn't work....no boot no recognize on computer same problem with a wrong boot.img....yesterday was really a bad day...now i've deleted all sources resynced again and now i'm going to recompile a test build to see if it works then i will try to add this to my sources

CIAO MARCO!!!!

BYE MARCO!!!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lupohirp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_Arjen_
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5673
Hope you will have more luck today
My 2nd harddisk on development pc just crashed (my ubuntu partition)
So need to install ubuntu again and start all over

ICS/CM9 for P500 seems to be cursed
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to _Arjen_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skhamsala
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Arjen_ View Post
Hope you will have more luck today
My 2nd harddisk on development pc just crashed (my ubuntu partition)
So need to install ubuntu again and start all over

ICS/CM9 for P500 seems to be cursed
Lol, if devs were to say that... where will go... hahaha

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Regards
Skhamsala
-----------
MODEL : Optimus One P500 - LG
ROM : PROTOS 9 - FD1999
The Following User Says Thank You to skhamsala For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_Arjen_
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5673
PC is back in business, syncing CM9 again
Found some more info about camera, so can't wait to try it
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to _Arjen_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thachtunganh
Old
Thanks Meter 1982
I think that i should learn some things about building from source...
Sony Xperia SP

The Following User Says Thank You to thachtunganh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cm9 for p500, cyanogenmod 9, ics & beta rom, optimus one, p500
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe