Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,807 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]what are some good external battery packs.

Tip us?

torikorocks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default [Q]what are some good external battery packs.

As we all know the battery life isn't the greatest for this phone so I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on good external battery packs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA App

SallyC
Old
(Last edited by SallyC; 16th January 2012 at 10:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by torikorocks View Post
As we all know the battery life isn't the greatest for this phone so I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on good external battery packs.
I have two that I own. For a single charge (or a couple from ~40%-~90%), I use PowerGen 2900mAh UltraSlim Power Bank Charger. It's small enough that if you wanted to you could Velcro it to the back of your Razr and has a built in Micro USB which is handy.

For longer stints away from power (travel, camping, etc.) I have the New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 which gives me 6+ charges and is still fairly compact at 4 x 3.75 x 1.125 in.
The Following User Says Thank You to SallyC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

torikorocks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Thank you.

SallyC
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Thank you.
I should add that I have found using Juice Defender Ultimate, I rarely have any power issues. With normal use (30 min stream audio, some camera use and pretty frequent use of text/email/checking in on forums) I can easily go all day on a charge. I'm at 12 hrs and 51% right now after a typical day.

So if you haven't looked at JD, I'd recommend it. They have a free version and two paid. You can compare their attributes here. I went with the Ultimate and figured I'd grow into it, which has happened. The more familiar I got with it the more I find myself taking advantage of it's flexibility and options. Definitely a great app!

Deron Baker
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Here's my review of the New Trent IMP99D. It has a slightly smaller capacity than the New Trent that Sally talked about, but mine can charge two devices simultaneous (provided that the second device is a tablet).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSDs...e_gdata_player

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

scottysize
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:

Really? It lasts longer than my Bionic which was longer than my Charge which was longer than my Dinc.

I think that for the size of the phone, the battery life is FANTASTIC! However, if you invest in the New Trent like we have, you'll be happy.

jakerfuture
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default battery life problem

My battery last at most 12 hours under moderate usage.. Is that normal? I really want to get an external battery charger that is below 30$
Where can I get it? Any suggestion

SallyC
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerfuture View Post
My battery last at most 12 hours under moderate usage.. Is that normal? I really want to get an external battery charger that is below 30$
Where can I get it? Any suggestion
PowerGen makes a nice little 2900mAh charger that's $27 at Amazon. It even has a built in micro USB cable.

scottysize
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyC View Post

For longer stints away from power (travel, camping, etc.) I have the New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 which gives me 6+ charges and is still fairly compact at 4 x 3.75 x 1.125 in.
One more vote for the New Trent ^^

baune7
Old
Thanks Meter 14
check at your Verizon stores for the Motorola external battery pack. The new one has a grey USB cord and sells for $40, but some stores still have the old ones with the blue cord on clearance for half the price (I ended up paying $16.50 total with my company 20% discount). They're the same exact thing as the new one but just with a blue cord. I've been happy with mine, even lent it to a few iphone guys at work to give them a charge.

Also, check stores like Office Depot, etc. in their accessories section. Yesturday I just happened to run across a "iGo" backup charger/portable battery pack (1800 mAh) for $12 on clearance regularly $40.

I tried posting links but I guess noobs on here can't post links.