Installing KezraPlanes' Optimized ROM
Instructions (quoted for reference):
(1) Reboot your phone into recovery;
(2) Make a backup of your current ROM;
(3) Wipe data/cache
(4) Format /system/
(5) Flash the ZIP
A few questions before I try this, because I'd like to save myself the pain of screwing up.
1. Will the phone's default recovery be adequate for this, or do I need to flash another custom recovery? If so, do I need to root the phone first?
2. What is the procedure to reflash the original ROM if I screw this up?
3. Will formatting /system/ wipe contacts saved to my phone?
4. How do I back this phone up as substantially as I can before I try this?
My apologies if these are stupid questions, I'm afraid I failed to find the answers googling. Thanks for reading and replying.