Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,101 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tizen OS Source Code Available

Tip us?

contactwajeeh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 323

DONATE TO ME
Angry Tizen OS Source Code Available

Hey friends,

We have heard about the Tizen OS. It is yet another linux os for the mobiles & smartphones. It seems that they have released their source code over here:

SOURCE CODE

and the SDK as well...

Hope to we can see this on our beloved HD2 soon.

DEVICE 1: Google Nexus 4
Recovery: TWRP

Thanks to Dagnus
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to contactwajeeh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pirlano
Old
Thanks Meter 1,485

DONATE TO ME
well it's not so new, it's the fusion between, Limo, Moblin, Maemo, Meego (and i think Bada too since Samsung is heading up the project).
I think it will became the main Samsung OS.
Samsung planned 41 billion dollars for R&D this year....

s8isfi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I am following this thread for the past one year and I have yet to see someone post even a partially working build of maemo, meego, Limo, or Tizen as they call it these days. So here is the suggestion to all the devs who can make a build for the HD2, please make a partially working build so that someone else can improve upon it.
thanks in advance.

zephr5
Old
Thanks Meter 19
@s8isfi I have been following for a looking time also. I gave up a long time ago I don't even know why I'm on the forum.

Sent from my Schubert using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

diwa_sen
Old
(Last edited by diwa_sen; 13th October 2012 at 08:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Hi All,

I have downloaded the Tizen 1.0 ARM image from here and created new initrd.cpio and mounted all required filesystems (EXT4) to make Tizen boot from HD2. Used the kernel from here

Initially i was able to see some dialogs saying default depth should be 24 or 32. Then I configured xorg with framebuffer and with default depth as 16 as mentioned in Htc-Linux. I almost had it . Now i am stuck at black screen with a cursor displayed for long time .

I think I am missing something. This is the first time I am trying to do all this stuff. Need to go much more deep into it. I hope this should not take much time. I will try to come up with a positive status in this...

Cheers,
Diwakar

HTC HD2 - The Immortal
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to diwa_sen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LordYuuki
Old
Thanks Meter 15
You could post the files for it here so others can contribute

diwa_sen
Old
(Last edited by diwa_sen; 15th October 2012 at 09:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Sure. I will share those files asap.

Okay let me share some news on my second try on Tizen in HD2. After long struggle Tizen boot was successful till the Tizen startup animation showed up!!!

Now I could see a pop up error message (WOW! I can see a graphical content ) saying that the compositor must need 24 or 32 depth. But HD2 is configured Xorg and working fine only with 16bpp depth. So? Is it not possible to bring Tizen's UI with 16 bit depth?
Cheers
SE Live with Walkman
The Following User Says Thank You to diwa_sen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Spaqin
Old
Thanks Meter 83
What do you mean "it works fine only with 16bpp depth"? What are the consequences of 24 or 32bpp depth?
Siemens C25 -> Nokia 3510i -> Nokia 6610 -> Nokia 6103 -> HTC Artemis -> HTC HD2 + iPod Touch 3G
My lovely Leo:
Radio: 2.15.50
HSPL 2.08
WP7 HD2O + ParanoidAndroid JB

diwa_sen
Old
(Last edited by diwa_sen; 16th October 2012 at 09:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 38
I apologize for not being clear.

When the depth was set as 24, the graphics looked like solarized and still no UI showed up.

Then I set the depth as 16 and connected a mouse through USB Hosting. When I right click, I can see 4 buttons "Volume Up", "Volume Down", "Home" and sorry i forgot one more button's text. When I clicked Volume Up button, I was able to see a dialog with volume slider but this dialog was cropped and displayed beyond the resolution. I presume the resolution has not fixed for 480x800. I will post some pics on this later.

Need some more time for me to know about X Window system / Composite Window Manager. Info#1 Info#2
Cheers
SE Live with Walkman

diwa_sen
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Tried to boot the latest image of Tizen (LINK) but it looks like DEVTMPFS is not enabled in the kernel. Tried with the latest kernel as well but unable to load /dev. Need to modify the kernel and compile it.
Cheers
SE Live with Walkman

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diwa_sen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]