FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Samsung Galaxy S I9000 Stock Roms

896 posts
Thanks Meter: 220
 
By ryanraven, Senior Member on 17th January 2012, 01:17 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Samsung Galaxy S I9000 Stock Firmware

PLEASE ONLY GO AHEAD IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING

ODIN - FLASH UTILITY - DOWNLOAD



United Kingdom (Carphone Warehouse) 2012 April 2.3.6 (PDA-I9000XXJW4) (CSC-I9000OXAJW5) DOWNLOAD
Last edited by ryanraven; 31st July 2012 at 06:04 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ryanraven For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
17th January 2012, 06:59 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks Bro! Y need this
18th January 2012, 09:27 PM |#3  
Black Rose's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ottawa, ON
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Lots more here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1102881&page=1
18th January 2012, 10:46 PM |#4  
Mydriaze's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Sorry, i'm not fluent in English, and want to be sure to understand: what means "stock"? Is it a "normal" rom, without any phone operator modification?
19th January 2012, 04:48 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
stock ROM means it's an unmodified ROM from manufacturer (in this case from Samsung) that is exactly the same as u would have gotten fresh off the factory. No modification from programmers or developers or phone operators, just the original samsung stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to SlvrWolf~XP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2012, 03:44 PM |#6  
Mydriaze's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thanks a lot for your answer. That's exactly what i'm looking for.

Is it safe to flash the latest version available simply with odin or i have to do something else before?
19th January 2012, 10:43 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Flag makati
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Sorry haven't visited xda for quite a while, Does this include boot image? I'm coming from froyo? Is it okay to flash this to a froyo custom rom?

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App
22nd January 2012, 02:42 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 220
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydriaze

Thanks a lot for your answer. That's exactly what i'm looking for.

Is it safe to flash the latest version available simply with odin or i have to do something else before?

Its safe to flash via ODIN
The Following User Says Thank You to ryanraven For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2012, 02:43 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 220
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod_axl

Sorry haven't visited xda for quite a while, Does this include boot image? I'm coming from froyo? Is it okay to flash this to a froyo custom rom?

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App

These are entire firmware's so it included everything, not sure what these are DO NOT FLASH.
26th January 2012, 06:18 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
HEY please can you help me out. bit of advise

i have 2.3.6 Europe version installed.

wanted Arabic so thought of installing this,
I9000JHJV8

what do i select in odin ?

there is just a single file in the extracted downloaded file (which is tar)
what about CSC and modem.

and i will have to selected repartition also, is it not .

Thanks.
27th January 2012, 02:44 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 220
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by etfreind

HEY please can you help me out. bit of advise

i have 2.3.6 Europe version installed.

wanted Arabic so thought of installing this,
I9000JHJV8

what do i select in odin ?

there is just a single file in the extracted downloaded file (which is tar)
what about CSC and modem.

and i will have to selected repartition also, is it not .

Thanks.

Select one package on the left. Odin will do the rest also the "pit" file needs to be added.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes