Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,072 Members 46,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[kernel module/beta] OPPtimizer Projekt - OMAP4 Overclocking

Tip us?

Goncezilla
Old
Thanks Meter 536

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoage View Post
I hope the project's going well! Took a look at the rootzwiki site and saw how it was going for the other devices...Just wondering if it's still happening for the Nook Tablet, since CM7 is right around the corner...
Using this method, the CM7 team currently has test builds overclocked to 1.2 GHz and have taken it up to 1.25 Ghz without much issue, although the tablet did start to get warm at the higher speed. Anything much above 1.25 Ghz (tried it up to 1.3Ghz) gets unstable and you start to get FCs and random reboots. The extra 200 Hz is pretty nice though

We are planning to release an update that will enable OC for everyone using CM7 soon.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Goncezilla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blazednova
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goncezilla View Post
Using this method, the CM7 team currently has test builds overclocked to 1.2 GHz and have taken it up to 1.25 Ghz without much issue, although the tablet did start to get warm at the higher speed. Anything much above 1.25 Ghz (tried it up to 1.3Ghz) gets unstable and you start to get FCs and random reboots. The extra 200 Hz is pretty nice though

We are planning to release an update that will enable OC for everyone using CM7 soon.
hey guys i came across this thread at team bamf forums, discussing overclocking limits of the galaxy nexus, and since the NT has the same processor i was wandering if their results could transfer over to us. here's what caught my attention

"Not sure how this is possible seeing that 1.42 would freeze up within 5 mins.. Im running 1.65 lightning fast and smooth for 20 mins now no problem.. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk"

neoage
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazednova View Post
hey guys i came across this thread at team bamf forums, discussing overclocking limits of the galaxy nexus, and since the NT has the same processor i was wandering if their results could transfer over to us. here's what caught my attention

"Not sure how this is possible seeing that 1.42 would freeze up within 5 mins.. Im running 1.65 lightning fast and smooth for 20 mins now no problem.. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk"
That's interesting...It'd be awesome to get it up that far...it's a nice touch, but a little unnecessary at the moment...If the Tablet were to somehow get to that speed, it'd be an amazing device for the price(and those brave enough to root it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goncezilla View Post

That's good to hear! I'm glad it's making progress! The extra 200 Hz does help in the long run...though that aforementioned post does sound very interesting!

jconway1968
Old
Thanks Meter 107
What's the status on a permanent overclocking solution?

adambomb_13
Old
(Last edited by adambomb_13; 31st August 2012 at 01:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Yea I jlhad the same issue as codygs83

Sent from my BNTV250 using xda premium