[APP][FREE] CraftWorld the WP7 blockworld RPG

OP danthekilla

17th January 2012, 10:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7

65 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey everyone I have just released my second game to the windows phone marketplace.

It is a blockworld RPG game (like infinminer and minecraft) where you can move around an infinite world and build anything from castles to cameras and trapdoors.

It has many unique features such as its dynamic book system and scripting console as well as many other things like cameras, trapdoors, paintings, complex crafting and much more.

It also gets updated every single week with new features based on what the community wants.

Best of all it is free to play!

Please give it a try and let me know what you think I could add.

Zune Marketplace Deep Link

CraftWorld on the zune website

Note: These screenshots are from the first version 6 versions ago.

Last edited by danthekilla; 17th January 2012 at 10:55 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danthekilla For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2012, 10:47 AM   |  #2  
中国四川
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
Smile
thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to jely1314 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2012, 12:15 PM   |  #3  

65 posts
Donate to Me
More
Glad you like it
17th January 2012, 02:00 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 27

454 posts
Purchased the paid version, but I do prefer Survivalcraft. I must say that I'm impressed you've gotten the game to run so smoothly on first gen hardware, and you've created a much nicer looking UI.

One huge annoyance: Why do blocks "sustain" damage? It's pretty lame to walk around with half-broken blocks everywhere, and I feel the need to mine and replace any blocks I accidentally touch.
18th January 2012, 04:08 AM   |  #5  

65 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumic

One huge annoyance: Why do blocks "sustain" damage? It's pretty lame to walk around with half-broken blocks everywhere, and I feel the need to mine and replace any blocks I accidentally touch.

Actually this was a design choice and quite hard to impliment right.

First of all it is a major difference between our game and others, but the main reason that we did it was to pave a way for the future where enemys and magic can damage multiple blocks at a time and bit by bit.

In other blockworld games enemys bust destroy 1+ blocks per hit because blocks have no damage system. In CraftWorld this is different, we can have creatures and magic and explosives actually damage multiple blocks with partial damages which can make for very interesting things.

You can always craft a rake and heal the damaged blocks

Let me know if you have any other feedback.
The Following User Says Thank You to danthekilla For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2012, 05:00 AM   |  #6  
Flag Blackpool
Thanks Meter: 339

344 posts
More
game looks very promising, will try this out as soon as i get time.
19th January 2012, 11:41 PM   |  #7  
Flag Shannon
Thanks Meter: 5

45 posts
More
Hi there,

I hope you don't mind but here are some comments on your game, don't let them take away from the fact that it's think its pretty great.

Firstly the controls aren't very fluid, that would be a nice thing to see. It seems you only have 4 modes of direction when looking around while moving instead of everywhere.

Secondly it would be nice to have the grass a darker colour.

Thanks for the app, I got the paid version which I think/hope was a donation to you.

Aaron
22nd January 2012, 05:31 AM   |  #8  

65 posts
Donate to Me
More
We are putting out new versions every week, improved controls and many other things are coming soon.

We have some major new features in the next few weeks, also planned in the future is the ability to let you make and share texture packs so you guys can have different looking worlds etc...
22nd January 2012, 12:22 PM   |  #9  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 141

742 posts
So, I'm new to this kind of game and I have to say that I'm at a complete loss on one thing...

To make a workbench, I need 4x wood in 2x2 crafting. So, I get 4 block of wood and it shows on my tool belt as wood x4, right? I can open up 2x2 crafting and drag/drop that item in and the only results I get are 8x wood planks... no option for workbench. But... if I get a block of wood, move it out of my tool belt, get another block and move it out as before, etc... to the tune of having 4 individual slots filled with wood blocks of at least 1 qty, I can then make the workbench.

This seems remarkably counter productive. Am I missing a somewhat less than obvious thing here?

OK, after typing this up, I decided to just goof around with the possibility of touch options. I figured out that if I long press the group I can tap with my other finger as many times as the qty I want to drag/drop. I cannot find this in the blue book and it seems a rather important little bit of info.
The Following User Says Thank You to anseio For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2012, 12:30 PM   |  #10  

65 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have added this into the (blue) survial book for the next patch, thanks for letting me know.

Have you any other ideas or anything else you want to ask about?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
game, phone, windows, windows phone, wp7
Previous Thread Next Thread