CWM Recovery for HTCDev unlocked Salsa's
You have probably seen this thread
about how to install CWM recovery and found out that it doesn't work for you. The good news is there is a fix
1. Download the 2 zip files in the post linked above to get the recovery and root files.
2. Unzip the PH11IMG.zip and copy the recovery.img to where you put the fastboot program as part of unlocking the bootloader in HTCDev. Make sure you do not put PH11IMG.zip onto the SD card as you will be stuck in a bootloop.
3. Turn off your phone, pop the battery out for a few secs, turn back on while holding vol down and wait while it checks for a update file.
4. Select fastboot, plug it into your computer and wait for Fastboot USB to appear on the screen.
5. Open a command prompt and go to the folder with fastboot in it (As you have to do this to unlock the bootloader with HTCDev I assume you don't need me to explain this bit) and type
if you get something back like
then your good to go
6. Now type
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
and hold your breath as it writes the image....
sending 'recovery' (3858 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.799s]
OKAY [ 1.188s]
finished. total time: 1.986s
Unplug your phone, pop the battery out again for a few secs, turn back on with vol down held and select recovery.
7. wait about 10 secs for it to load.
8. Victory dance!
You can now flash any custom ROM you like, or just root with the root.zip file you downloaded before.
EDIT: It seems that the recovery image above has some problems with SD-EXT partitions (probably sensitive to the SD card, so yours may be fine), so if you were thinking of moving your data partition to your SD card then please use CWM 126.96.36.199 from this