Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,547 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

City ID - 10 day trial?? what the heck.

Tip us?

ryane67
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default City ID - 10 day trial?? what the heck.

So maybe it was because I was running an aftermarket ROM on my captivate, but the city/state of an incoming call would show up when the phone was ringing.

Today I got the first call from someone not in my contacts, it showed up with city & state info, but then when I hung up.. up came this city ID app, saying it was a 10 day trial.. wtf? how is something like this now a pay service?

I wouldn't think I would need an app for this. Anyone have a good replacement? or maybe it's part of some of the ROMs that are being worked on for vivid here (going to try rum raider once Im back from a business trip).

8125Omnimax
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryane67 View Post
So maybe it was because I was running an aftermarket ROM on my captivate, but the city/state of an incoming call would show up when the phone was ringing.

Today I got the first call from someone not in my contacts, it showed up with city & state info, but then when I hung up.. up came this city ID app, saying it was a 10 day trial.. wtf? how is something like this now a pay service?

I wouldn't think I would need an app for this. Anyone have a good replacement? or maybe it's part of some of the ROMs that are being worked on for vivid here (going to try rum raider once Im back from a business trip).
Bloatware, delete it. There are many free alternatives in the market.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

fredy915
Old
Thanks Meter 116
I heard if you clear the data it resets it not so sure tho I'm waiting for the trial to end and see if it works

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA
Current Phone: HTC One
Retired Phones:HTC One x, HTc Vivid HTC Inspire 4g, Iphone 4,Blackberry bold, Samsung Blackjack 1, Samsung sync, Sony Ericsson K55oi

megatronisabeast
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredy915 View Post
I heard if you clear the data it resets it not so sure tho I'm waiting for the trial to end and see if it works

It seems to. If I clear all data and flash a rom it seems to give me another trial.
http://i45.tinypic.com/6rsx09.png

fredy915
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatronisabeast View Post
It seems to. If I clear all data and flash a rom it seems to give me another trial.
Glad to hear it actually worked

Current Phone: HTC One
Retired Phones:HTC One x, HTc Vivid HTC Inspire 4g, Iphone 4,Blackberry bold, Samsung Blackjack 1, Samsung sync, Sony Ericsson K55oi

megatronisabeast
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredy915 View Post
Glad to hear it actually worked

Yes, I just got a call today and it asked about the 10 day trial. Happens every time I reflash this rom and clear data.

homeslice976
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2105

DONATE TO ME
Yup. I've had the 10 day free trial for the month and a half I've had the phone.. Flash new build, get new trial. I never hit 10 days...

htcvividnoob
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Can anyone recommend a good free alternative?

megatronisabeast
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcvividnoob View Post
Can anyone recommend a good free alternative?
Mr Number text call and block looks good. Haven't used it but has great feedback.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium