Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,527 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

City ID - 10 day trial?? what the heck.

Tip us?
 
ryane67
Old
#1  
ryane67's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 20
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default City ID - 10 day trial?? what the heck.

So maybe it was because I was running an aftermarket ROM on my captivate, but the city/state of an incoming call would show up when the phone was ringing.

Today I got the first call from someone not in my contacts, it showed up with city & state info, but then when I hung up.. up came this city ID app, saying it was a 10 day trial.. wtf? how is something like this now a pay service?

I wouldn't think I would need an app for this. Anyone have a good replacement? or maybe it's part of some of the ROMs that are being worked on for vivid here (going to try rum raider once Im back from a business trip).
 
8125Omnimax
Old
#2  
8125Omnimax's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 102
Posts: 240
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryane67 View Post
So maybe it was because I was running an aftermarket ROM on my captivate, but the city/state of an incoming call would show up when the phone was ringing.

Today I got the first call from someone not in my contacts, it showed up with city & state info, but then when I hung up.. up came this city ID app, saying it was a 10 day trial.. wtf? how is something like this now a pay service?

I wouldn't think I would need an app for this. Anyone have a good replacement? or maybe it's part of some of the ROMs that are being worked on for vivid here (going to try rum raider once Im back from a business trip).
Bloatware, delete it. There are many free alternatives in the market.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
 
fredy915
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 120
Posts: 770
Join Date: Apr 2011
I heard if you clear the data it resets it not so sure tho I'm waiting for the trial to end and see if it works

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA
Current Phone: HTC One
Retired Phones:HTC One x, HTc Vivid HTC Inspire 4g, Iphone 4,Blackberry bold, Samsung Blackjack 1, Samsung sync, Sony Ericsson K55oi
 
megatronisabeast
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 96
Posts: 427
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredy915 View Post
I heard if you clear the data it resets it not so sure tho I'm waiting for the trial to end and see if it works

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA
It seems to. If I clear all data and flash a rom it seems to give me another trial.
http://i45.tinypic.com/6rsx09.png
 
fredy915
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 120
Posts: 770
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatronisabeast View Post
It seems to. If I clear all data and flash a rom it seems to give me another trial.
Glad to hear it actually worked

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA
Current Phone: HTC One
Retired Phones:HTC One x, HTc Vivid HTC Inspire 4g, Iphone 4,Blackberry bold, Samsung Blackjack 1, Samsung sync, Sony Ericsson K55oi
 
megatronisabeast
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 96
Posts: 427
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredy915 View Post
Glad to hear it actually worked

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

Yes, I just got a call today and it asked about the 10 day trial. Happens every time I reflash this rom and clear data.
http://i45.tinypic.com/6rsx09.png
 
homeslice976
Old
#7  
homeslice976's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,107
Posts: 2,881
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Central Pennsylvania

 
DONATE TO ME
Yup. I've had the 10 day free trial for the month and a half I've had the phone.. Flash new build, get new trial. I never hit 10 days...
 
htcvividnoob
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 144
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Southern California
Can anyone recommend a good free alternative?
 
megatronisabeast
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 96
Posts: 427
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcvividnoob View Post
Can anyone recommend a good free alternative?
Mr Number text call and block looks good. Haven't used it but has great feedback.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
http://i45.tinypic.com/6rsx09.png

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Change Your Samsung Galaxy S2’s Dialer Background in Real Time

As with anything, if youve looked at something long enough, things can … more

Increase Your Multitasking Workflow with C-Floating Windows

Technology has put life on the fast track. Lazy, relaxed days have turned into … more

Compile Your Own Kernel From Source with Comprehensive Tutorial

One glance at any developer section of any device forum on XDA and youll find … more

WowWee Mip – Android Accessory Review – XDA Developer TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about … more