[Gen9][Review] Archos G9 101 Leather Case
Genuine Leather Case for Archos G9 Tablet (8-16GB)
Cost: $29.99 USD
(I have a Skinomi TechSkin Black Carbon Fiber on my tablet, so that's what the pattern is on the device itself. I didn't put the skin on the bezel as I like the way that the bezel looks)
- Device fits in the case very well. Not too big, not too small.
- This is clearly not cheaply made.
- No piece to tuck in, the latch is magnetic, and rather strong.
- The whole thing feels very solid, and it does add a bit of bulk to it.
- There is a felt-like material (I don't think it's actual felt) that makes it nice and soft inside. It grips the tablet well and almost guarantees no scratching of the tablet.
- (yes, this is a con too!) The tablet can't stand up on the kickstand with this case on it. The top flap of the case is too heavy and makes the tablet fall over. Can't prop the tablet up on the flap.
Needs to stretch
- The case is so well-fitting that it actually needs to stretch to be able to magnetically latch after the tablet is in it. Mine is currently resting face-down, under a book to hold it in place and stretch it a bit.
- The small piece on the outside of the kickstand area is kind of there by itself, making it loose and it doesn't fit quite right. I assume it will need to be molded to fit over time.
The case is very nice, and I like the overall quality of it. This is clearly a quality case, but it needs to be worn on the tablet for a bit to make it fit perfectly. There needs to be a little stretching and molding done.
I would definitely recommend this tablet to others with a G9 101.
(Click on the picture to bring up a larger-size picture)
• team d3rp •
«—» OnePlus Forum
• Archos Gamepad 2 • OUYA • Nexus 10 • Nexus 7 (2013) •
¤ OnePlus One — HTC One M8 HK (Sprint) — Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint) ¤
« ‹ ‹—— ± ——› › »
« Recycled phones: Oppo N1, HTC One M7, HTC EVO 4G LTE, SGS3, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Pro 2, LG Rumor 2, + Older »
« Recycled Tablets: Archos Gamepad, Nexus 7 (2012), Archos G9 101, Archos G8 101, Archos 9 PC, Archos 5 (Android) »