No registration required

[ROM][ICS] CM9-based Port [Updated: Nov 5th '12]

OP WinSuk

2nd April 2012, 12:59 AM   |  #381  
Flag Ansonia
Thanks Meter: 2

34 posts
More
Munjeni, can you post md5 sum for your release?

Sent from my Liberty using XDA
2nd April 2012, 01:39 AM   |  #382  
Thanks Meter: 13

96 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttkrakk

It may be the procedure tou use when flashing. I usually format boot and system in addition to wiping caches.

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium

Agreed, I haven't been able to use older installs with previous apps with the new builds these guys are churning out. I get bootloops and general instability. Need to start fresh every time.
2nd April 2012, 02:49 AM   |  #383  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 858

503 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by munjeni

I want to know something. Winsuk, your rom with working hw acel, is your rom with working hw acel compiled from source or it is mine first rom that I posted in this thread? Why I asking? Want to know becouse want to track what is the best source for our cm9! Have some reports about menu speed (some users reported cm9 from Winsuk have better menu speed than latest rom that I posted)... so I need that info and want to switch to source that will be primary for my work

The one I put together doesn't have working hwaccel... well I don't think so anyway. I reversed the commit to enable wallpaper scrolling without hwaccel, and it wouldn't scroll..
Live wallpapers don't work on it either. It seems exactly the same to me, just yours is 4.0.4, and live wallpapers work..

It was made from your rom a few pages ago (that was getting the egl initialize error), the new drivers from qualcomm, modpunk's marvel kernel, and kgsl-3d0 added to the ueventd.
Last edited by WinSuk; 2nd April 2012 at 02:59 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2012, 03:43 AM   |  #384  
Thanks Meter: 5

69 posts
More
Just tried out the ROM with working HW Accel. It's pretty sweet! I never thought I'd see ICS running so seamlessly on my Aria.
2nd April 2012, 11:15 AM   |  #385  
Flag Ampang
Thanks Meter: 127

299 posts
More
Great speed! Actually,HWA working or not? Munjeni said it is working but winsuk said it is not.
The menu kinda slim can make it fit to the screen??
And some legacy apps is showing gingerbread style.
2nd April 2012, 11:41 AM   |  #386  
Thanks Meter: 1

71 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSuk

Sweet, live wallpapers are working so looks like it needed hwaccel, not modifications for mdpi (which makes more sense).
They aren't scrolling though.. 3rd party live wallpapers and normal wallpapers do

It doesn't really seem smoother to me then the one without working hwaccel though..

And I was expecting the electron beam screen-off animation to work with hwaccel... but it's not :-\ maybe it's only half accelerated? lol

I can't get any upload sites to work either, but I'll keep the torrent open until I shut down my PC

Edit: Nexus wallpaper is scrolling, but it's very laggy..
And I got a site to work: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1077120/Andr...12_munjeni.zip
It has a limit before it temporarily shuts off though..

I flashed it yesterday and I've got only one word: FANTASTIC!
Can't wait for this to be completed.
This is WAY better than CM7.

Thanks you all for working on this and not forgetting our little GREAT Aria
2nd April 2012, 12:07 PM   |  #387  
OP Senior Member

503 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuoyang

Great speed! Actually,HWA working or not? Munjeni said it is working but winsuk said it is not.
The menu kinda slim can make it fit to the screen??
And some legacy apps is showing gingerbread style.

I'm not really sure if it's working or not.. and hardware acceleration can mean 2 different things depending on how it's viewed.
The wallpaper still scrolls after reversing this commit now, so it looks like it's working (wallpaper didn't scroll on this rom with that commit reversed.. live wallpapers also didn't work)
I don't really see much of a difference between I-think-hwaccel-is-working and I-think-hwaccel-isn't-working though.. it could only be working partially...
2nd April 2012, 03:34 PM   |  #388  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 16,482

5,202 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tad1993

Munjeni, can you post md5 sum for your release?

Sent from my Liberty using XDA

12ECC7B27F0DD1E38613762F88167972
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSuk

The one I put together doesn't have working hwaccel... well I don't think so anyway. I reversed the commit to enable wallpaper scrolling without hwaccel, and it wouldn't scroll..
Live wallpapers don't work on it either. It seems exactly the same to me, just yours is 4.0.4, and live wallpapers work..

It was made from your rom a few pages ago (that was getting the egl initialize error), the new drivers from qualcomm, modpunk's marvel kernel, and kgsl-3d0 added to the ueventd.

Latest 4.0.4 that I posted have working hw and have working galery, live walpaper, wifi...etc, so you not need to touch that build becouse it is tested and it for sure working, trust me! Also my previous build using my kernel from latest build have working hw, galery...etc, I tried it and I'm sure! Did you wiped everything before instalation? I wiped: system, data, boot, cache, sd-ext, dalvik, deleted all android folders inside sd card... and than fresh instaled new build
Last edited by munjeni; 2nd April 2012 at 03:53 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to munjeni For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2012, 04:29 PM   |  #389  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 56

558 posts
More
Quote:

Latest 4.0.4 that I posted have working hw and have working galery, live walpaper, wifi...etc, so you not need to touch that build becouse it is tested and it for sure working, trust me! Also my previous build using my kernel from latest build have working hw, galery...etc, I tried it and I'm sure! Did you wiped everything before instalation? I wiped: system, data, boot, cache, sd-ext, dalvik, deleted all android folders inside sd card... and than fresh instaled new build

Yes - the 4.0.4 was very nice on my Aria - Excellent work!
The only thing I missed was the GPS.
I downloaded the latest Google Apps for ICS, and I kinda like the GMail app.

Titanium restores had troubles, but most likely because of incompatibility issue with ICS.
The Following User Says Thank You to DanGeorges For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2012, 04:37 PM   |  #390  
OP Senior Member

503 posts
More
Quote:

Yea, I can tell it's working now.. just ran quadrant, got a 249 on 2d graphics (I think it said 15-20fps), then turned on force gpu rendering in development and it shot up past 60fps with a 2d graphics score of 1006 :-O

The Following User Says Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, ice cream sandwich, ics
Previous Thread Next Thread