My Xoom WiFi (stock) just got pushed Android update (IML77)

Search This thread

F14Scott

Apr 5, 2011
IMAG0275.jpg

Installing now. Will advise.

My Xoom is stock and I was not part of the Motorola testing group.

Last edited:

TheStickMan

Sep 16, 2011
Ugh, pic isn't showing up on Xoom browser. Which ROM version did you have? US, or international, or other?

TheStickMan

Sep 16, 2011
Well, seems like you're one of the first on XDA to get it. Browsing other threads and I see no mentions of OtA pushes.

Still going to flash back to 3.0 and see where it takes me!

vancamp

Apr 23, 2011
mine came OTA about an hour ago. Also pure stock USA WiFi ROM

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

F14Scott

Apr 5, 2011
I just got on PC to check it out. Pic doesn't work because it seems it's in a private Dropbox folder.

Anyway, can anyone put up a screenshot of the details please? Want to compare to the 'soak test' ROM. (Although, it is IML77 too..)

Sorry. Pic is now in PhotoBucket.com. These pictures are kicking my ass; I can't get them to size down.

TheStickMan

Sep 16, 2011
FYI the 'soak test' is exactly the same. Seems there were no problems with it.

A bit disappointing considering the missing functionality, but congrats on your official ICS. :)

willverduzco

User Experience Admin
Staff member
Apr 30, 2010
Manassas, VA
<Sitting here with his UK purchased 3.2.1 Xoom - hoping!>

We'll see what happens eh.
I believe that the update will only be pushed out to GED (Google Experience Device) Xooms, thus precluding UK Xooms to the update. You could try using the Motorola GED fastboot images to "restore" the GED firmware, and then waiting for the OTA. At that point, though, I'd wonder why you wouldn't simply just want to install one of the custom ROMs I mention in my XDA portal or BriefMobile posts.

Wiggz

Aug 1, 2006
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
I believe that the update will only be pushed out to GED (Google Experience Device) Xooms, thus precluding UK Xooms to the update. You could try using the Motorola GED fastboot images to "restore" the GED firmware, and then waiting for the OTA. At that point, though, I'd wonder why you wouldn't simply just want to install one of the custom ROMs I mention in my XDA portal or BriefMobile posts.

Indeed. I'm starting to find the approach to OTA updates by Google a bit hap-hazard quite frankly. It's the same with my Galaxy Nexus. Some people I know who have purchased the phone recently have 4.0.2 on their GSM phone. I can't even get the OTA for it!

I've never stayed stock on any devices but as these devices get crisper I've tended to look at staying stock.

The only reason for me not to currently is the piss-poor way in which OTAs are managed. This Xoom update might just be another example.

willverduzco

User Experience Admin
Staff member
Apr 30, 2010
Manassas, VA
Indeed. I'm starting to find the approach to OTA updates by Google a bit hap-hazard quite frankly. It's the same with my Galaxy Nexus. Some people I know who have purchased the phone recently have 4.0.2 on their GSM phone. I can't even get the OTA for it!

I've never stayed stock on any devices but as these devices get crisper I've tended to look at staying stock.

The only reason for me not to currently is the piss-poor way in which OTAs are managed. This Xoom update might just be another example.

Don't even get me started on that issue...

redmaner

Jan 13, 2011
Xoom eu version no update yet
What if i flash us rom?

Verstuurd van mijn MZ604 met Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMAG0275.jpg

Installing now. Will advise.

My Xoom is stock and I was not part of the Motorola testing group.
    Yep. It's ICS.

IMAG0277.jpg

v 4.0.3
    Bought the xoom just as it came out in the US..now in India for the holidays and haven't got the OTA update yet....upgraded to 3.2.1 here in India...so will I be getting the update anytime now or when it comes out internationally?
    It comes out according to your ROM location (which is US?), not your actual physical location.
    So how it is ? Do you see a boost on reactivity and browser experience ? I'm on Transformer 1 so i have to wait 2 weeks... But want to know how Tegra 2 is dealing with ICS
    Everything is so much smoother. The interfce doesn't have awkward pauses. Browswer is faster and doesn't lock up as much, or crash.

I also remember hearing that ICS properly uses dual-core, unlike HC where it would use 2nd core only under stress.

Overall, pretty noticeable improvement.
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!! Just got mine (WiFi US XOOM 32GB)

AMAZING DAY!

1) Snowing in Seattle = no school

2) ICS update for XOOM!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D