Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 41,853 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Acase Superleggera for E4GT

Tip us?

ericpd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Acase Superleggera for E4GT

I currently have the TPU Black Matte and it is quite a good case,... good fit, but not so much when it comes to protection. Has anyone seen either the Acase or an Aegis case for our phone about? Every time I do a search, I get fed non-Spint Galaxy SII Options or cases for the original slider Epic 4G. Any other options I should be looking at? Kinda given up on Otterbox after all the fitment complaints I've read about and my experience with the Evo 4G.

beseenwithgreen
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Just got the Aegis case from this site:

http://www.cyclopscase.com/epic-4g-touch/

Used Code TOM25% to get 25% off so with free shipping it was a little over $18. Love the case especially for the price! If you decide you like them check what color you want first on tridents website because they still dont have pictures on cyclopscase website.
250+ Custom Mp3 Ringtones & SMS Tones -- FREE downloads!!!

**** PM me with additional requests ****

http://p.mobile9.com/beseenwithgreen/gallery/

Please Share Link With Your Friends If You Enjoy My Work

Modded Epic 4G Touch
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beseenwithgreen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

locoboi187
Old
Thanks Meter 260

DONATE TO ME
Is this a new case? Pictures?
LG Dare ----> HTC EVO ----> Samsung Epic Touch (Galaxy S2) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 5S

Friendly neighborhood volunteer EMT

beseenwithgreen
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoboi187 View Post
Is this a new case? Pictures?
yes its a new here is the link to the official company website:

http://www.tridenteer.com/categories...Epic-4G-Touch/

I am very pleased with it myself...there is another thread here somewhere with some more reviews...

Modded Epic 4G Touch

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 1999
The Aegis case has been out for a couple months now. I got it when it was first released and I still love it. I don't use it that much anymore because I prefer something slimmer, but when I'm on the job that's my go to case.
\m/(-_-)\m/

locoboi187
Old
Thanks Meter 260

DONATE TO ME
how do AUX wires fit?
LG Dare ----> HTC EVO ----> Samsung Epic Touch (Galaxy S2) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 5S

ericpd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by beseenwithgreen View Post
Just got the Aegis case from this site:

http://www.cyclopscase.com/epic-4g-touch/

Used Code TOM25% to get 25% off so with free shipping it was a little over $18. Love the case especially for the price! If you decide you like them check what color you want first on tridents website because they still dont have pictures on cyclopscase website.
Thanks for the link beseen, just ordered one. The coupon code was still active, so saving a little over 11 bucks on the $30 price tag Trident has on their website. Free shipping just means I'll get it sometimes in Juvember. That's cool though, I'll just keep rolling with the TPU until it gets here. If this Aegis is as well built and thought out as the Evo 3D Aegis, I'll be satisfied. I'll still wonder about the Acase, it's gotten nice reviews too.

How responsive is the volume rocker and sleep button?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

beseenwithgreen
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericpd View Post
Thanks for the link beseen, just ordered one. The coupon code was still active, so saving a little over 11 bucks on the $30 price tag Trident has on their website. Free shipping just means I'll get it sometimes in Juvember. That's cool though, I'll just keep rolling with the TPU until it gets here. If this Aegis is as well built and thought out as the Evo 3D Aegis, I'll be satisfied. I'll still wonder about the Acase, it's gotten nice reviews too.

How responsive is the volume rocker and sleep button?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App
cool i think my case came in about a week after I ordered it....going from the TPU case myself the buttons are not even comparable...You'll actually probably have to get used to how easy it is to use them

Modded Epic 4G Touch

ericpd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by beseenwithgreen View Post
cool i think my case came in about a week after I ordered it....going from the TPU case myself the buttons are not even comparable...You'll actually probably have to get used to how easy it is to use them
Yeah, I'm figuring about a week too. You know, the volume rocker design is the only I have with the TPU. I mean if you want slim and your mission is to protect beauty, there ain't a better case in my opinion. They fit like a glove, easy battery changes if needed, very easy on adding weight and girth, and won't scratch the E4GT from within. What more can you ask,... oh yeah, price! But I'm looking to protection more than just a pretty face when it comes to this phone. And I'm done with Otterbox. I mean they stand behind their products like a champ,... but what's the utility in getting a replacement case that's bringing to the table the same issues the original case brought. Oh well,... the deed is done. I'll be rocking Aegis in a couple days. And I'm happy,... I think! Plus I read somewhere that Otterbox has decided to not even touch the E4GT.

locoboi187
Old
Thanks Meter 260

DONATE TO ME
Can someone please tell me how car AUX cables fit? The wire is pretty thick and they do not fit on my tpu s line hybrid case

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium