FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Acase Superleggera for E4GT

80 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By ericpd, Member on 18th January 2012, 12:07 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I currently have the TPU Black Matte and it is quite a good case,... good fit, but not so much when it comes to protection. Has anyone seen either the Acase or an Aegis case for our phone about? Every time I do a search, I get fed non-Spint Galaxy SII Options or cases for the original slider Epic 4G. Any other options I should be looking at? Kinda given up on Otterbox after all the fitment complaints I've read about and my experience with the Evo 4G.
 
 
19th January 2012, 02:39 AM |#2  
beseenwithgreen's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 175
 
More
Just got the Aegis case from this site:

http://www.cyclopscase.com/epic-4g-touch/

Used Code TOM25% to get 25% off so with free shipping it was a little over $18. Love the case especially for the price! If you decide you like them check what color you want first on tridents website because they still dont have pictures on cyclopscase website.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beseenwithgreen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2012, 03:23 AM |#3  
locoboi187's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 260
 
Donate to Me
More
Is this a new case? Pictures?
19th January 2012, 11:50 AM |#4  
beseenwithgreen's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 175
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoboi187

Is this a new case? Pictures?

yes its a new here is the link to the official company website:

http://www.tridenteer.com/categories...Epic-4G-Touch/


I am very pleased with it myself...there is another thread here somewhere with some more reviews...
19th January 2012, 05:14 PM |#5  
_MetalHead_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,670
 
More
The Aegis case has been out for a couple months now. I got it when it was first released and I still love it. I don't use it that much anymore because I prefer something slimmer, but when I'm on the job that's my go to case.
20th January 2012, 12:08 AM |#6  
locoboi187's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 260
 
Donate to Me
More
how do AUX wires fit?
20th January 2012, 09:36 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beseenwithgreen

Just got the Aegis case from this site:

http://www.cyclopscase.com/epic-4g-touch/

Used Code TOM25% to get 25% off so with free shipping it was a little over $18. Love the case especially for the price! If you decide you like them check what color you want first on tridents website because they still dont have pictures on cyclopscase website.

Thanks for the link beseen, just ordered one. The coupon code was still active, so saving a little over 11 bucks on the $30 price tag Trident has on their website. Free shipping just means I'll get it sometimes in Juvember. That's cool though, I'll just keep rolling with the TPU until it gets here. If this Aegis is as well built and thought out as the Evo 3D Aegis, I'll be satisfied. I'll still wonder about the Acase, it's gotten nice reviews too.

How responsive is the volume rocker and sleep button?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App
20th January 2012, 11:44 PM |#8  
beseenwithgreen's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 175
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericpd

Thanks for the link beseen, just ordered one. The coupon code was still active, so saving a little over 11 bucks on the $30 price tag Trident has on their website. Free shipping just means I'll get it sometimes in Juvember. That's cool though, I'll just keep rolling with the TPU until it gets here. If this Aegis is as well built and thought out as the Evo 3D Aegis, I'll be satisfied. I'll still wonder about the Acase, it's gotten nice reviews too.

How responsive is the volume rocker and sleep button?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

cool i think my case came in about a week after I ordered it....going from the TPU case myself the buttons are not even comparable...You'll actually probably have to get used to how easy it is to use them
21st January 2012, 01:14 AM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beseenwithgreen

cool i think my case came in about a week after I ordered it....going from the TPU case myself the buttons are not even comparable...You'll actually probably have to get used to how easy it is to use them

Yeah, I'm figuring about a week too. You know, the volume rocker design is the only I have with the TPU. I mean if you want slim and your mission is to protect beauty, there ain't a better case in my opinion. They fit like a glove, easy battery changes if needed, very easy on adding weight and girth, and won't scratch the E4GT from within. What more can you ask,... oh yeah, price! But I'm looking to protection more than just a pretty face when it comes to this phone. And I'm done with Otterbox. I mean they stand behind their products like a champ,... but what's the utility in getting a replacement case that's bringing to the table the same issues the original case brought. Oh well,... the deed is done. I'll be rocking Aegis in a couple days. And I'm happy,... I think! Plus I read somewhere that Otterbox has decided to not even touch the E4GT.
21st January 2012, 01:57 PM |#10  
locoboi187's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 260
 
Donate to Me
More
Can someone please tell me how car AUX cables fit? The wire is pretty thick and they do not fit on my tpu s line hybrid case

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
21st January 2012, 03:24 PM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoboi187

Can someone please tell me how car AUX cables fit? The wire is pretty thick and they do not fit on my tpu s line hybrid case

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

You mean your car hook up has a Mini USB jack that connect to your phone, and you wanna to know if the case's USB port opening is large enough so that it doesn't impede the connection between your car's cable and the phone's Mini USB port. Right?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes