OP seargent007

26th January 2012, 07:18 PM   |  #51  
Flag Holly
Thanks Meter: 70

379 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysalvo

Hello,
In my experience, if you boot the system with the charger plugged in won't do anything. You just need to start the system and AFTER connect the charger

Ciao

That is what I noticed as well... my TP will not boot if I connect the micro USB to charge and press the button to power up. I need to unplug, start the TP and then plug in to charge.
27th January 2012, 03:13 AM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 0

42 posts
thanks for the heads up about charging, I will give it a try a little bit later once my batt is dead.

cheers
28th January 2012, 06:32 AM   |  #53  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 192

2,014 posts
More
I have a co-worker that installed this on his TP and it looks nice. However, we couldn't figure out how to get it to show up as a USB drive when plugged into his computer. Is this not working at the moment, or is he missing something?
28th January 2012, 07:24 AM   |  #54  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60

325 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirehawk

I have a co-worker that installed this on his TP and it looks nice. However, we couldn't figure out how to get it to show up as a USB drive when plugged into his computer. Is this not working at the moment, or is he missing something?

This thread should die, it's outdated, but as a courtesy I'll help with this last question.

You need to go into settings, go to the storage option tab, touch the context sensitive "menu" button at the very top right, select USB options, and enable the MTP mode check box. From there your computer should detect it. If it doesn't, look around for the touchpad MTP drivers.
The Following User Says Thank You to seargent007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2012, 07:50 AM   |  #55  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 192

2,014 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seargent007

This thread should die, it's outdated, but as a courtesy I'll help with this last question.

You need to go into settings, go to the storage option tab, touch the context sensitive "menu" button at the very top right, select USB options, and enable the MTP mode check box. From there your computer should detect it. If it doesn't, look around for the touchpad MTP drivers.

Your advice is appreciated. I'll pass it along to him.
28th January 2012, 11:44 AM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirehawk

You need to go into settings, go to the storage option tab, touch the context sensitive "menu" button at the very top right (the three dots), select USB options, and enable the MTP mode check box like seargent007 said. You also need to go into settings/developer options and turn off USB debugging.
28th January 2012, 07:55 PM   |  #57  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60

325 posts
More
Please stop bumping this thread....I'm going to have to ask a moderator to close it. Also, many of us can leave USB debugging enabled with MTP on with no problem.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread