Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 49,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] ZenMod9 Quattro RC3.14 ICS 4.0.3 1/30/2012

Tip us?

Dread 7us
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1112

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by travanx View Post
For those of us that don't understand. What causes the gps, wimax and camera to not work?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
Incompatible drivers for the most part. Some have to be rewritten to work with ICS.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

zenulator
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 309

DONATE TO ME
The hal wrapper is supposed to use a camera.speedy.so in /lib/hw to link to the gingerbread libcamera.so and liboemcamera.so. I made the edits to the init.rc to allow it to work and tried renaming the camera.vision.so to camera.speedy.so with no luck.

abadasstanker69
Old
Thanks Meter 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenulator View Post
The hal wrapper is supposed to use a camera.speedy.so in /lib/hw to link to the gingerbread libcamera.so and liboemcamera.so. I made the edits to the init.rc to allow it to work and tried renaming the camera.vision.so to camera.speedy.so with no luck.

Are things ever really that simple? Not to belittle the work you do at all!! I'm genuinely curious ...

hamagc
Old
Thanks Meter 68
So at this point is it all userland or is there kernel work too?
Model: Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: changing all the time right now

zenulator
Old
(Last edited by zenulator; 19th January 2012 at 08:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 309

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
So at this point is it all userland or is there kernel work too?
From what I understand the in kernel work is basic and points to the oem camera libs. the hal hack from the nexus used some opensource code to let it use the gingerbread libs.

The nexus thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1427030

-somebody-
Old
Thanks Meter 654

DONATE TO ME
i really like this ics build, just need to see the roaming issue sorted and id use it
HTC Evo Shift 4G (Sprint)
Droid X (Verizon)
Droid 3 (Verizon)
Galaxy S 3 (Verizon)
B&N Nook Color
FdxRider Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by -somebody- View Post
i really like this ics build, just need to see the roaming issue sorted and id use it
+1

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

zenulator
Old
Thanks Meter 309

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I don't believe its actually roaming. When I switched to home only it still showed the R but the settings showed it was not roaming. I switch back to cyanogenmod 7.1 during the day. I don't expect people to use it for their daily rom. I do this stuff for fun and put it up for others because its a little different than evervolv plus I was hoping to get the camera parts working on the shift since the g2 has it going and the g2 based off a similar chipset msm_7k

The Following User Says Thank You to zenulator For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-somebody-
Old
Thanks Meter 654

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenulator View Post
I don't believe its actually roaming. When I switched to home only it still showed the R but the settings showed it was not roaming. I switch back to cyanogenmod 7.1 during the day. I don't expect people to use it for their daily rom. I do this stuff for fun and put it up for others because its a little different than evervolv plus I was hoping to get the camera parts working on the shift since the g2 has it going and the g2 based off a similar chipset msm_7k

yeah i posted that result up yesterday or the other day. i dont think its roaming either or it would say it in settings i would think. seen the same issue before while friends were working on cm6 and cm7 for the momentalikes (intercept, transform, moment) but i dont remember what it took to fix it. couga6442 or qnhoang81 on sdx might know but im clueless.
HTC Evo Shift 4G (Sprint)
Droid X (Verizon)
Droid 3 (Verizon)
Galaxy S 3 (Verizon)
B&N Nook Color

zenulator
Old
Thanks Meter 309

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
yeah i posted that result up yesterday or the other day. i dont think its roaming either or it would say it in settings i would think. seen the same issue before while friends were working on cm6 and cm7 for the momentalikes (intercept, transform, moment) but i dont remember what it took to fix it. couga6442 or qnhoang81 on sdx might know but im clueless.
I'll do some digging around shouldn't be too hard of a fix.

The Following User Says Thank You to zenulator For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]