Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

any holster recomendations?

OP cavey8500

18th January 2012, 10:50 PM   |  #1  
cavey8500's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag edgewood, WA
Thanks Meter: 6
 
268 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
ive been looking around on amazon and ebay for a holster perferably a horizontal one. and i was just wondering does any one have one? and if so what kind? and would you recommend it? im not sure why but ever sence ive had blackberrys (that came with the holster) ive always liked carrying my phone in a holster. any good ones out? they all seem kind of universal now, so i want one with a tight fit.
thanks for any help guys =)
18th January 2012, 11:32 PM   |  #2  
ScottieRotten's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 21
 
198 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
The otterbox defender series is nice but it depends on what you want.

Pros

Nice cover with built in screen protector
Rubberize skin helps with slipping out of hand and protects from damage from dropping.

Holster has 360 degree swivle

Good customer service

best protecting case on the market

company covers phone deductible on damages

Cons,

Adds bulk (once used to it this becomes no big deal)

Rubberized outer shell may snag coming in and out of pockets. (may cause missed calls but your phone shouldnt fall out accidently)

I have broken the holster broke the thumb off ( I was drunk dont ask how. The customer service sent me out 2 replacement holsters after calling them)

The holster is nice but can have a propensity to catch things when walking in tight proximities.. (doesnt help I am a large guy)

Recap,

If you work construction then getting an otterbox will help keep your device longer in harsh environments.
The Following User Says Thank You to ScottieRotten For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2012, 11:40 PM   |  #3  
cavey8500's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag edgewood, WA
Thanks Meter: 6
 
268 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieRotten

The otterbox defender series is nice but it depends on what you want.

Pros

Nice cover with built in screen protector
Rubberize skin helps with slipping out of hand and protects from damage from dropping.

Holster has 360 degree swivle

Good customer service

best protecting case on the market

company covers phone deductible on damages

Cons,

Adds bulk (once used to it this becomes no big deal)

Rubberized outer shell may snag coming in and out of pockets. (may cause missed calls but your phone shouldnt fall out accidently)

I have broken the holster broke the thumb off ( I was drunk dont ask how. The customer service sent me out 2 replacement holsters after calling them)

The holster is nice but can have a propensity to catch things when walking in tight proximities.. (doesnt help I am a large guy)

Recap,

If you work construction then getting an otterbox will help keep your device longer in harsh environments.

ill look into it. the only issue i have with that is that it is huge. i was hopping that i could get one with no case. like a leather one or something?
thanks for the help man i appreciate it
18th January 2012, 11:50 PM   |  #4  
ScottieRotten's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 21
 
198 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Before I got the defender, I bought one from the sprint store kind of a bare bones cover, the holster did have a swivel. THe cover itself didnt offer much in protection and same time didnt have any bulk..

The only downside with the holster was you needed to fully slide the phone out to retrieve and answer any calls. Unlike the holster for the otterbox it is a quick snap out.

I will see about a link for that case for you. Chances are good you can go to a sprint store and they would have one on hand you can checkout before buying..

http://shop2.sprint.com/NASApp/onlin...ubPageNumber=0

Here is a link to the cover I used before the otterbox..

Also have this through sprint, no case but simply a holster.
http://shop2.sprint.com/NASApp/onlin...ubPageNumber=0



THis one looks pretty good too but I cannot speak for it since I havent used one personally.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005IGF1E6/...SIN=B005IGF1E6
Last edited by ScottieRotten; 18th January 2012 at 11:58 PM.
19th January 2012, 12:02 AM   |  #5  
cavey8500's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag edgewood, WA
Thanks Meter: 6
 
268 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
ok sounds good man, thanks. if you find the link ill sure look at it =)

edit: oh i see you have posted them now =) looking at them right now.

edit 2: ok after looking at them i think i like the leather one the most. i may go look at them soon, i cant today because i have 7 inches of snow and a icey driveway, uphill. haha also i may find simular ones on amazon, as sprint is always so expensive! this one doesnt look to bad but im not sure what ill get just yet.http://www.amazon.com/Horizontal-Rev...927546&sr=1-32
Last edited by cavey8500; 19th January 2012 at 12:05 AM.
19th January 2012, 12:21 AM   |  #6  
cornelious2's Avatar
Senior Member
Saint Chuck
Thanks Meter: 170
 
818 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Donate to Me
Best holster ever is my left pocket. Keys and stuff go in right pocket.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
19th January 2012, 12:32 AM   |  #7  
cavey8500's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag edgewood, WA
Thanks Meter: 6
 
268 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2

Best holster ever is my left pocket. Keys and stuff go in right pocket.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

really? myns the opposite. well actually i have my keys on a karabeaner so other than the keys part.
19th January 2012, 12:57 AM   |  #8  
cornelious2's Avatar
Senior Member
Saint Chuck
Thanks Meter: 170
 
818 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Donate to Me
naked the phone seems to do just fine and fits fine in my slacks pockets with out any bulging. unless your doing something really active, id vote to just go for the pocket, if you have seen the videos the screen is really hard to scratch.
19th January 2012, 03:36 AM   |  #9  
cavey8500's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag edgewood, WA
Thanks Meter: 6
 
268 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2

naked the phone seems to do just fine and fits fine in my slacks pockets with out any bulging. unless your doing something really active, id vote to just go for the pocket, if you have seen the videos the screen is really hard to scratch.

weird. myn has little ones all over on it, i keep it alone in my pocket always.
2nd February 2012, 04:39 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
The otterbox defender and commuter are both excellent cases IMHO. They're a bit on the pricey side but well worth getting if you want to protect your screen/camera (and basically everything else)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes