Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,623 Members 50,573 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][05.10.12] CleanROM 4.5 Standard / Pro -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | Skins! |★-

Tip us?

scrosler
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 51,649

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerStar25 View Post
Thanks. I just hope on your next update most that stuff stays the same so I can use the one I did lol.

Sent from my ICS Rezound
Hahahaha... I don't want to ruin the surprise of the next update... But you wont be using that same status bar. You can move the icons back over though!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmerikL View Post
I just did it with mine. The change was instantaneous. It went from the extremes to being able to see the fluctuations.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by drynyks View Post
The governors in the ICS kernels def don't appear to be working properly. I agree Conservative for the time being seems like the way to go.
Good feedback. Anyone else want to chime in on this?
The Following User Says Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bik2101
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Hahahaha... I don't want to ruin the surprise of the next update... But you wont be using that same status bar. You can move the icons back over though!

Good feedback. Anyone else want to chime in on this?
how can you ifnd out what clocks your phone is running at?

Roland Deschain
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Hold on...

1. So you are saying you get much better results with Conservative? I can so easily hard code that into the ROM if more people can test it and verify.

2. Your 3.8 is not charging with the current stock kernel?
1) Correct. If I stay on ondemand, my clock speed is ONLY 384 or 1512. Nothing in between. The instant I set it to conservative, it starts bouncing all over like 512, 4**, 816, 7**, etc.

2) Nope. I tried it again last night. It was at 52% when I plugged it in, went to sleep and 6 hours later it was at 56%, lol. (On wi-fi the whole time doing virtually nothing.) I was able to charge my official extended battery up to 100% twice in the past three days, but now tonight it got stuck at 80% and didn't move at all for an hour...Ugh, this is weird. The extended battery (which is 3.7v) charged to 100% two times, but now it just went from 35% (which is what it was at when I got home tonight) to 80%, and stopped. It seems like the battery issue is nigh unfixable for me, lol.
All hail the Crimson King.

phyba
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Hold on...

1. So you are saying you get much better results with Conservative? I can so easily hard code that into the ROM if more people can test it and verify.

I suggested this yesterday when I brought the issue up. Conservative shows more frequencies but not sure its doing much but then again I reported last night better battery life after having the phone die after 4 hours.

The fix racin made seemed to work but the blue flicker is annoying lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to phyba For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anothen
Old
(Last edited by anothen; 9th March 2012 at 01:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 75
I turned my phone off, let it charge overnight and was hoping things may be different but I've lost 20% battery in a matter of 30-40 mins. Have you guys checked that app "Better Battery Stats" to see if anything was running in the background that is causing the CPU to run at full speed? There isn't anything wrong with the CPU running at full speed...We should think about what may be causing it. If it is the kernel: We will have to wait until we get a new one. My phone, for example, does not sleep which would make sense for the CPU to be high all the time because there is a process demanding the CPU's resources. I have changed the governor to conservative and it dips to 1134 and back up again. Not much scaling going on here...

Edit: I think I am having an isolated issue not specifically related to the kernel. Other people are experiencing the issue I'm having with the media service not sleeping on other GB roms and ICS roms so it has nothing to do with this thread. sorry lol: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1470095 , http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1791
Device History
HTC XV6700 (Apache) - Sold
HTC SMT5800 (Libra) - Returned
HTC XV6900 (Vogue) - Sold
HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium) - Sold
HTC Incredible (ADR6300) - Sold
HTC Thunderbolt (ADR6400) - Sold
HTC Rezound (ADR6425) - Returned
Samsung Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535) - Current

cam1pbell
Old
Thanks Meter 76
I think its all about the signal strength. That's what's killing the battery. When I'm at home my battery will last all day but when I'm at work using my phone for a couple of hours kills the battery. I work in aircraft. The buildings are big and my signal strength sucks but the phone works flawless. It would drive me crazy that my phone would die so quickly . So I have extra batteries at work. So far with this ROM my batt last longer.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

rsage
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Hold on...

I posted yesterday that when using battery saver and free setcpu (conservative gov) I was seeing one additional frequency. However last night when I also installed free system tuner (still using conservative), I'm now seeing many frequencies. Doesn't make sense?

My 3.8v is charging fine.

How are people checking sleep time since CPU spy doesn't work?

Quantumrabbit
Old
Thanks Meter 156
At least using AnTutu CPU MAster... no matter what governer I set... my freq will not drop below max at all. Are you guys actually seeing it change immediately when you do it, or only on screen off, or what?

ih8mydroid
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Here is what I have and I still seem to get a day and a half or better.

Antutu CPU Master
3.7v battery
Screen Off: 384-864 Conservative
In Call: 384 - 864 Conservative
Default: 384 - 1512 Conservative
CDMA Only selected as I have no 4g in my area.
WIFI whenever its available(work and home)
Disabled Syncing on most accounts (I check my email and social networking when I want to)
Auto Brightness
Disabled haptic feedback

I am getting around a day and a half plus on low to medium usage and around a day on medium to highish usage.

Moderate usage includes netflix, homerun battle 3d, spotify, browsing the net etc.
Samsung Galaxy SIII
White 16gb
Rom: Unofficial CM 10.2
Recovery: TWRP 2.6
Kernel: Lean Kernel

*Retired
HTC ReZound
S-Off
Rom: Newts XxX Rls 3
Recovery: Cons TWRP 2.1 Port
Hboot: Modded Juopunutbear 2.11

nmadd
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumrabbit View Post
At least using AnTutu CPU MAster... no matter what governer I set... my freq will not drop below max at all. Are you guys actually seeing it change immediately when you do it, or only on screen off, or what?
I see the same behavior with antutu. With system tuner though the frequencies immediately jump all over the place on conservative.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
HTC Rezound
NOOK Color