Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,837 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][05.10.12] CleanROM 4.5 Standard / Pro -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | Skins! |★-

Tip us?

scrosler
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 49759

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollier View Post
Ok, I tried to install the Amazon appstore apk, and took this screenshot right after. Menu is still the same.

Ok, what did it try to do when you installed ama.apk? Did it tell you that security is on and you need to trun it off? Then it shoudl have brought you to the screen. I will try to grab shots...

scrosler
Old
Thanks Meter 49759

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by con247 View Post
I think I missed a capital letter so that might have been the issue. I am making that q&a now.
No go... WIll look when I get out of work tonight.

jcollier
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Ok, what did it try to do when you installed ama.apk? Did it tell you that security is on and you need to trun it off? Then it shoudl have brought you to the screen. I will try to grab shots...
Yeah click on it, then install, and it says install blocked. Two choices are cancel or settings, and settings it bringing to the Security menu in the shot.

wobedraggled
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLemacks View Post
Woke up this morning (8 hours on charger), it was at 84%. I might have an issue with my OEM battery because it overheated the other night and my phone wouldn't boot. As soon as I put in my extended battery it worked fine. It took me putting my stock battery in my buddies phone to get it to charge.

Yea you do, it's hard to find.
Settings > Security > Unknown Sources
here is my security page....

scrosler
Old
Thanks Meter 49759

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yeah click on it, then install, and it says install blocked. Two choices are cancel or settings, and settings it bringing to the Security menu in the shot.
WOW! That is wierd.

Ok... Hmmm... IDK? Let me reflash back to 2.1. I have a mess on my phone right now...

mrbigdrawsz
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Thinking of updating to 2.1 tomorrow but curious how soon 2.2 or 3.0 will be out and whether I should just wait. Any idea how soon we'll see another version.

scrosler
Old
Thanks Meter 49759

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigdrawsz View Post
Thinking of updating to 2.1 tomorrow but curious how soon 2.2 or 3.0 will be out and whether I should just wait. Any idea how soon we'll see another version.
No plans on making any updates at this time unless something significantly new comes up. Right now the leaked 4.0.3 build is pretty useless and unstable. So untill I can get that stable (or anyone) then go with 2.1. 3.0 would be based on official release. 2.x will be leaked releases.

scrosler
Old
Thanks Meter 49759

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ok, I tried to install the Amazon appstore apk, and took this screenshot right after. Menu is still the same.

Wipe data and try again. I think the issue may be beacuase you are attempting to go to the settings before installing the app. Once you do that it doesnt show up then gets stuck in that loop of not being provisoned correctly.

On a fresh flash... Going straight to install Amazon App store I get this (without going to settings first):

nrfitchett4
Old
Thanks Meter 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Wipe data and try again. I think the issue may be beacuase you are attempting to go to the settings before installing the app. Once you do that it doesnt show up then gets stuck in that loop of not being provisoned correctly.

On a fresh flash... Going straight to install Amazon App store I get this (without going to settings first):

I went into settings immediately after flashing (always do) and the unknown sources was there.
Weird that some are not seeing it.

scrosler
Old
Thanks Meter 49759

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
I went into settings immediately after flashing (always do) and the unknown sources was there.
Weird that some are not seeing it.
Yeah, I wonder what is up with that?

I dont get it?