23rd January 2012, 01:05 AM   |  #551  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 56,082

24,896 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollier

Ok, I tried to install the Amazon appstore apk, and took this screenshot right after. Menu is still the same.

Ok, what did it try to do when you installed ama.apk? Did it tell you that security is on and you need to trun it off? Then it shoudl have brought you to the screen. I will try to grab shots...
23rd January 2012, 01:06 AM   |  #552  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo

24,896 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by con247

I think I missed a capital letter so that might have been the issue. I am making that q&a now.

No go... WIll look when I get out of work tonight.
23rd January 2012, 01:09 AM   |  #553  
Flag The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 146

477 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

Ok, what did it try to do when you installed ama.apk? Did it tell you that security is on and you need to trun it off? Then it shoudl have brought you to the screen. I will try to grab shots...

Yeah click on it, then install, and it says install blocked. Two choices are cancel or settings, and settings it bringing to the Security menu in the shot.
23rd January 2012, 01:13 AM   |  #554  
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLemacks

Woke up this morning (8 hours on charger), it was at 84%. I might have an issue with my OEM battery because it overheated the other night and my phone wouldn't boot. As soon as I put in my extended battery it worked fine. It took me putting my stock battery in my buddies phone to get it to charge.

Yea you do, it's hard to find.
Settings > Security > Unknown Sources

here is my security page....

23rd January 2012, 01:16 AM   |  #555  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo

24,896 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Yeah click on it, then install, and it says install blocked. Two choices are cancel or settings, and settings it bringing to the Security menu in the shot.

WOW! That is wierd.

Ok... Hmmm... IDK? Let me reflash back to 2.1. I have a mess on my phone right now...
23rd January 2012, 01:18 AM   |  #556  
Flag Canton, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 44

456 posts
More
Thinking of updating to 2.1 tomorrow but curious how soon 2.2 or 3.0 will be out and whether I should just wait. Any idea how soon we'll see another version.
23rd January 2012, 01:21 AM   |  #557  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo

24,896 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigdrawsz

Thinking of updating to 2.1 tomorrow but curious how soon 2.2 or 3.0 will be out and whether I should just wait. Any idea how soon we'll see another version.

No plans on making any updates at this time unless something significantly new comes up. Right now the leaked 4.0.3 build is pretty useless and unstable. So untill I can get that stable (or anyone) then go with 2.1. 3.0 would be based on official release. 2.x will be leaked releases.
23rd January 2012, 01:23 AM   |  #558  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo

24,896 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Ok, I tried to install the Amazon appstore apk, and took this screenshot right after. Menu is still the same.

Wipe data and try again. I think the issue may be beacuase you are attempting to go to the settings before installing the app. Once you do that it doesnt show up then gets stuck in that loop of not being provisoned correctly.

On a fresh flash... Going straight to install Amazon App store I get this (without going to settings first):

23rd January 2012, 01:27 AM   |  #559  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 522

6,394 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

Wipe data and try again. I think the issue may be beacuase you are attempting to go to the settings before installing the app. Once you do that it doesnt show up then gets stuck in that loop of not being provisoned correctly.

On a fresh flash... Going straight to install Amazon App store I get this (without going to settings first):

I went into settings immediately after flashing (always do) and the unknown sources was there.
Weird that some are not seeing it.
23rd January 2012, 01:33 AM   |  #560  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo

24,896 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4

I went into settings immediately after flashing (always do) and the unknown sources was there.
Weird that some are not seeing it.

Yeah, I wonder what is up with that?

I dont get it?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread