Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,576 Members 43,886 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][05.10.12] CleanROM 4.5 Standard / Pro -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | Skins! |★-

Tip us?

scrosler
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 51,615

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbryan3 View Post
I just have a quick question about the internal sd. is it possible to not wipe the internal sd when flashing. It seems like there are a lot of applications that saves it data to the internal sd like screen shots and a few camera apps. Could I just delete the ".xxxxx" folders to preserve the "user data" folders? I know some apps allow me to change & specify folders to save data to, which I direct to the ext_sd folder like titanium and pocket casts... But most don't.

- If I'm posting here I'm probably using this ROM on the phone that this forum is supporting.
Flashing my ROM will not erase your SD Card or Internal Storage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkow19 View Post
Just flashed 4.3 Pro edition. I also flashed the camera mod for HQ pics and video, gonna try that out. I also flashed the new Beats mod that was posted here somewhere, so we'll see what that does.

I only have one question/concern... From 4.0 to 4.2 I noticed as others have, that Wifi turns itself on all the time, after I turn it off. This also happened on BAMF 2.1. I'm wondering if this is fixed finally, or if it will be fixed soon? Having 4G in my area really makes me never want to use Wifi.
Its not broke. You need to go into advanced settings and uncheck Turn on WIFi automatically and check Never warn me about WiFi or something like that.

-Scott
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

azbryan3
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Flashing my ROM will not erase your SD Card or Internal Storage

-Scott
Huh... Maybe it was just the ruu that initially wiped the internal SD. :) thanks!!

- If I'm posting here I'm probably using this ROM on the phone that this forum is supporting.

wrarvoz
Old
(Last edited by wrarvoz; 7th April 2012 at 07:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Hmmmm.... Sounds like the leaked RUU did not get flashed twice. Did you flash it twice?

Also, did you install the kernel per the instructions in the OP?
I will go back and flash the ruu twice, though I'm sure I did the first time. Also, about the kernel, I just have to boot into bootloader after the Rom flash to install thpe kernel, correct?

Also, before I try it, Sebastian's overclock kernel will work with this rom, right?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

IncredibleMidgett
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This may be a dumb question to some, but I'm not sure so I'm asking anyway. When it says not to restore from backup, can we not restore apps from titanium backup either?

Po1soNNN
Old
Thanks Meter 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncredibleMidgett View Post
This may be a dumb question to some, but I'm not sure so I'm asking anyway. When it says not to restore from backup, can we not restore apps from titanium backup either?
no you can restore apps from titanium backup because it just backs up apps while a nandroid backs up your rom

IncredibleMidgett
Old
Thanks Meter 1
That's what I thought, just making sure, thanks! It seems like installation is no different from flashing any other rom, right? Wipe and flash through recovery?
The Following User Says Thank You to IncredibleMidgett For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jldeitch
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default 4.3 Dirty Flash

OK -- for what it's worth, I ran a dirty flash to go from 4.2.2 to 4.3. It seems to be working quite well, but with the following caveats:
  • Scott does NOT recommend dirty flashes, and I'm not sufficiently technically knowledgeable to be of much help if you try it and it doesn't work.
  • There are a couple of things I had to do to get everything happy again.
Once my phone rebooted, the Play Store could not connect over 4G. I connected over WiFi. Then it didn't show any of my installed apps. So I went to Manage Apps and cleared the cache and data for Play Store.

Next, I went to Titanium Backup and used Market Doctor to rebuild the market links. Play Store fired up under WiFi, with everything in its proper place.

Next, I turned off WiFi and went back to 4G. This time, Play Store connected and everything seems to be working.

One other minor glitch. The ROM insisted on using the Sense launcher, rather than the Nova launcher that I prefer. Re-installing Nova didn't work. I had to install a third launcher to get the phone to ask which one I wanted for default. I picked Nova. Then I deleted the one I'd downloaded, and all is well.

YMMV...

Po1soNNN
Old
Thanks Meter 292
Quote:
That's what I thought, just making sure, thanks! It seems like installation is no different from flashing any other rom, right? Wipe and flash through recovery?
yep as long as your on the latest ruu.
Also i recommend CleanWipe. wipes 5 or 10 times before flashing
may seem crazy but since i started using it i've never
had to reflash a rom because of problems

IncredibleMidgett
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Ok then, couple more questions. I just got this phone and it came with 4.2 already. How do I find out if I'm on the latest ruu? Also how do you use clean wipe and where is the best place to find it?

Caladus
Old
(Last edited by Caladus; 7th April 2012 at 10:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ok then, couple more questions. I just got this phone and it came with 4.2 already. How do I find out if I'm on the latest ruu? Also how do you use clean wipe and where is the best place to find it?
In HBoot it should give you the date/version #'s for the hboot and radios you are running. Just boot into the bootloader (if you already have CleanROM 4.2 you likely have the leaked RUU, just hold down the power button and choose reboot and then select bootloader to check version #'s)

CleanWIPE in this thread