Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 51,847 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][05.10.12] CleanROM 4.5 Standard / Pro -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | Skins! |★-

Tip us?

replica9000
Old
Thanks Meter 395
Forgive me if anything I'm about to ask has already been covered several times, but it would take way to long to read over 7700 posts! I did read several hundred of them though.

So right now I'm coming from CleanROM 1.0 with Ziggy's kernel. I had a Nexus for a week and was not impressed with ICS, but I feel like upgrading today. So I'm going to try CleanROM 4.5.

1) I see people saying there are no kernels for ICS until an official ROM can be released. Wouldn't even the leaked ROM contain and ICS kernel? Can't it be recompiled like a normal Linux distro? I can find my current Debian kernel config under /usr/src/.config, and recompile a new kernel using that as a template more or less.

1a) What about this kernel (here) ? Says it's overclocked, but I've read using SetCPU or similar kills battery life on this ROM? So would it be pointless trying non stock kernels right now?

2) What exactly does the GB firmware patch do?

3) Are there still glitches with the status bar in 4.5? Blurred text, non animated 3G/4G etc...

4) Are people still having issues flashing with CWM? I'm currently on CWM 5.8.1.4

5) Is it too early to talk Jellybean?? That has changes I'm looking forward too!

6) It should be relatively easy to return to my CWM backup of CR-1.0 if I'm not happy with CR-4.5 right?

7) Once I flash CR-4.5, I'll attempt S-OFF. I have ADB on Linux, should be all I need right?

Thank you...
Audiovox CDM-9000
LG VX10
Audiovox CDM-9500
Motorola V710
Motorola E815
Motorola Q Black
Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 w/Adrynalyne's WM-6.1 v1.6
HTC Incredible ADR6300VW2 [S-Off] w/ CyanogenMod 7 & IncrediKernel
Samsung Galaxy Nexus [returned]
HTC Rezound ADR6425LVW [S-Off] w/ Beanstalk and Hiro Kernel.
HTC One M7 HTC6500LVW [S-Off] [sold}
HTC One M8 HTC6525LVW [S-Off]
Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit!

andrewp3481
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica9000 View Post
Forgive me if anything I'm about to ask has already been covered several times, but it would take way to long to read over 7700 posts! I did read several hundred of them though.

So right now I'm coming from CleanROM 1.0 with Ziggy's kernel. I had a Nexus for a week and was not impressed with ICS, but I feel like upgrading today. So I'm going to try CleanROM 4.5.

1) I see people saying there are no kernels for ICS until an official ROM can be released. Wouldn't even the leaked ROM contain and ICS kernel? Can't it be recompiled like a normal Linux distro? I can find my current Debian kernel config under /usr/src/.config, and recompile a new kernel using that as a template more or less.

1a) What about this kernel (here) ? Says it's overclocked, but I've read using SetCPU or similar kills battery life on this ROM? So would it be pointless trying non stock kernels right now?

2) What exactly does the GB firmware patch do?

3) Are there still glitches with the status bar in 4.5? Blurred text, non animated 3G/4G etc...

4) Are people still having issues flashing with CWM? I'm currently on CWM 5.8.1.4

5) Is it too early to talk Jellybean?? That has changes I'm looking forward too!

6) It should be relatively easy to return to my CWM backup of CR-1.0 if I'm not happy with CR-4.5 right?

7) Once I flash CR-4.5, I'll attempt S-OFF. I have ADB on Linux, should be all I need right?

Thank you...
You should s-off first and then upgrade your firmware then install CR 4.5.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
Sent from my HTC One M8
If you are looking for phone cases or accessories please visit my web site:
http://www.norcalphonecase.com

xucardsfan08
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I love this ROM, even though it hasn't been updated in a few months.

That being said, I have a few issues that have been bugging me for awhile and they might be related.
I get repeated requests to "Link" the same contacts over and over again. Despite me actually linking them, and no errors messages, the following day I get the same request!
Another issue is with Facebook. I get a "Facebook Authentication Failed" error message out of nowhere. I am able to login successfully and use it, but about once daily, I get the boot and have to re-login and re-sync everything. This is where it is weird. In Handcent, my contact pictures only show up after the error message and when I am no logged in. As soon as I login, all the pictures show up as a question mark again.

Any help would be tremendous!!!

riot1031
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Now that OTA is out, I want to switch from CleanROM to something based off the latest release. However, I love the Team Blackout skin in this rom. Is there any way to extract the skin from this rom and use it in another one? Thanks!

minnysota
Old
(Last edited by minnysota; 4th August 2012 at 12:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1031 View Post
Now that OTA is out, I want to switch from CleanROM to something based off the latest release. However, I love the Team Blackout skin in this rom. Is there any way to extract the skin from this rom and use it in another one? Thanks!
Honestly I would stay on CleanROM. The new leak is a battery killer (as some have reported from using the latest kernel). I can barely hit 1.5 hours of screen-on time on a debloated version of the OTA. CleanROM (old leak, old kernel) can deliver well over 2 hours screen-on time with all the same settings.

The OTA (and new kernel) are smoother, but it's not worth the huge battery hit IMO. Just my 2c...

nev310
Old
Thanks Meter 26
The new ruu which they are calling the ota is great. I got 8 hours from 75% to 40% thats amazing for me. I think I was 12 hours total and 3 hours screen on and 4g and bluetooth on the whole time. I have had problems with all of the leaks worth my phone.

The only problem I am having with this ROM is 3g is not working. It did not work on 4.2 either. 4g and 1x work fine so does wifi. Bluetooth lags sometimes though.

Sent from my Rezound using xda premium

erisboxx
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnysota View Post
Honestly I would stay on CleanROM. The new leak is a battery killer (as some have reported from using the latest kernel). I can barely hit 1.5 hours of screen-on time on a debloated version of the OTA. CleanROM (old leak, old kernel) can deliver well over 2 hours screen-on time with all the same settings.

The OTA (and new kernel) are smoother, but it's not worth the huge battery hit IMO. Just my 2c...
I don't think anyone is in a position to judge battery life quite yet as the its just hit one day ago. It's a bit premature

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

nev310
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Just noticed after I reinstalled everything that my phone won't send pics with 4.5

nev310
Old
Thanks Meter 26
My phone says no service but data works

admael
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just flashed 4.5 standard. Phone now keeps crashing and restarting after few minutes of use. Could be random, seems to crash on all apps.