Forgive me if anything I'm about to ask has already been covered several times, but it would take way to long to read over 7700 posts! I did read several hundred of them though.
So right now I'm coming from CleanROM 1.0 with Ziggy's kernel. I had a Nexus for a week and was not impressed with ICS, but I feel like upgrading today. So I'm going to try CleanROM 4.5.
1) I see people saying there are no kernels for ICS until an official ROM can be released. Wouldn't even the leaked ROM contain and ICS kernel? Can't it be recompiled like a normal Linux distro? I can find my current Debian kernel config under /usr/src/.config, and recompile a new kernel using that as a template more or less.
1a) What about this kernel (here
) ? Says it's overclocked, but I've read using SetCPU or similar kills battery life on this ROM? So would it be pointless trying non stock kernels right now?
2) What exactly does the GB firmware patch do?
3) Are there still glitches with the status bar in 4.5? Blurred text, non animated 3G/4G etc...
4) Are people still having issues flashing with CWM? I'm currently on CWM 188.8.131.52
5) Is it too early to talk Jellybean?? That has changes I'm looking forward too!
6) It should be relatively easy to return to my CWM backup of CR-1.0 if I'm not happy with CR-4.5 right?
7) Once I flash CR-4.5, I'll attempt S-OFF. I have ADB on Linux, should be all I need right?
Motorola Q Black
Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 w/Adrynalyne's WM-6.1 v1.6
HTC Incredible ADR6300VW2 [S-Off] w/ CyanogenMod 7 & IncrediKernel
Samsung Galaxy Nexus [returned]
HTC Rezound ADR6425LVW [S-Off] w/ Beanstalk and Hiro Kernel.
HTC One M7 HTC6500LVW [S-Off] [sold}
HTC One M8 HTC6525LVW [S-Off]
Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit!