5,598,086 Members 42,633 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] root access with ES File Explorer?

Tip us?

bfollowell
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] root access with ES File Explorer?

Will someone please help me get root access with ES File Explorer?

I was looking for a good file explorer utility with a root explorer feature. I already had ES File Explorer installed and saw that it supposedly has a root explorer feature. Well, I've searched all through it and I must be missing something because I can't find any way to explore anything on my NT except for the sd card.

I've went into the settings, down to the Root settings and checked Root Explorer and Mount File System but this hasn't seemed to help. I see no way to "get to" the root directory. If I try using the up arrow to move up a level in the directory tree, I can't get up any further than the sd card. It just say press again to close.

What am I missing?

Thanks to anyone that may be able to help get to where I want to be.

- Byron

tgraves
Old
Thanks Meter 34
In settings, and you need to set home directory as "/". Then you'll have access to the entire file system.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tgraves For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Montisaquadeis
Old
Thanks Meter 20
What tgraves said as I have complete access to my nook with Es File explorer.

bfollowell
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
duh! That was so easy. Now I really feel like an idiot.

I think my wife is right. Sometimes I can make even the simplest things seem soooo hard...

Thanks for your help guys.

- Byron
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bfollowell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Montisaquadeis
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Not a problem
The Following User Says Thank You to Montisaquadeis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JaceAlvejetti
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I wanted to say thanks as well as I was wondering the same thing today, didn't think it would be so simple as just changing the home
My Random Island in the Sea of Data FireZen

Phone: LG G2 Sprint, Stock Rooted
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013, CleanRom With Faux123 Kernel

Retired/Returned Phones: HTC Mogul x4, HTC Touch Pro 2 x2 , HTC Diamond, Evo 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Samsung E4GT, Motorola Photon Q
Retired/Returned Tablets: SmartQ V7, Nook Tablet 16GB, Transformer Prime TF201 with Dock, Transformer Infinity TF700 With Dock

Modesitt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ES File Explorer Root

Good tip.
Thanks

cyburke
Old
Thanks Meter 43
don't worry... this was a great thread to start because i just found it with google and was looking for this answer also!

whoot!

rjin9673
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Tell your wife she's always right

Trust me...

Igthorn
Old
(Last edited by Igthorn; 24th January 2012 at 01:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
If you don't want to change your home directory to '/', you hit favorites and hit the icon that looks like a phone. That should take you to '/'. I think that's what the icon looked like. Anyways it's in the favorites menu.

The Following User Says Thank You to Igthorn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]