1. Download and install LATEST SAMSUNG KIES (or stand-alone USB drivers if you can find them)
2. Transfer the attached file root.zip to the EXTERNAL CARD on Galaxy Tab 7.7
3. Turn off the Galaxy Tab 7.7
4. Enter Recovery
- Hold Volume UP button + Power Button
- When TAB turns ON, RELEASE POWER BUTTON (Keep Holding Volume UP Button)
- Will Enter Recovery
5. Select install update from EXTERNAL Storage
6. Look for the file root.zip and select it with power button
7. When Finish, REBOOT. You're done!
Since we now have a ICS ROM for our lovely niche tablet, at this stage we still don't have a stand-alone root.zip which is ICS compatible, so the above method WILL NOT WORK if you are already on ICS. However, don't panic, the easy way around this is:
If you are already on ICS, flash back to stock using PC Odin, or Heimdall.
Once you have done that, and you are successfully back on Honeycomb, you can use the above method to root your device.
Once you are rooted (in Honeycomb), you can then install Mobile Odin (thank you Chainfire!).
Now you can flash to ICS using Mobile Odin with the "ever root" option enabled.
You should now have ICS and root access!