Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 45,921 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] Clockwork Recovery w/o Camera Button

Tip us?

infazzdar
Old
(Last edited by infazzdar; 20th January 2012 at 04:22 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232

DONATE TO ME
Default [Guide] Clockwork Recovery w/o Camera Button

Failed camera buttons have long since been a blight upon Droid X modders, disallowing the use of ClockworkMod Recovery for any activity that involves selecting something, which completely rules out the usefulness of said recovery. Now that all has changed.

The newest version Clockwork Recovery, v5.0.2.0, allows users to make selections with the power button instead of using the camera button; however, for some people, getting there can been a little tricky. Hopefully this guide will help someone.

1. (Stock Based Roms Only) Install Droid 2 Bootstrapper. Select 'Bootstrap Recovery'. Upon completion, select 'Reboot Recovery'. If the phone boots into recovery then pull your battery and continue to the next step. (This step is only necessary if you don't already have recovery installed)

2. Install ROM Manager from the market. Anyone who already has ROM Manager, make sure that it is up-to-date.

3. Open ROM Manager and tap 'Choose your device'. When the device selection screen appears select 'Droid X'.
NOTE: 2nd-init users select 'Droid X (2nd-init)'

4. When you get the message that ClockworkMod Recovery downloaded and installed correctly, select 'Reboot into Recovery' from within the ROM Manager application. It should then reboot you into the updated, blue, recovery.

5. Once you've rebooted in ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.0 press the volume down button many times until it says 'Back Button Enabled'. At this point you will be able to use the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to make selections.

If this doesn't work for you, reply and list the step that you're stuck on.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
Droid X -- Transformer -- Galaxy Nexus
If I helped you, consider donating!
Feel free to PM me with any questions!

oneders65
Old
Thanks Meter 38
How can you tell if you are on 2nd-inti?

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using XDA Premium App
HTC ERIS - ROOTED
TT v8

It's not the size of the dog in the fight! It's the size of the fight in the dog in the fight!!

infazzdar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232

DONATE TO ME
Roms such as CyanogenMod and MIUI are 2nd-init roms. Other roms, such as Liberty and Vortex, are stock based roms.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
Droid X -- Transformer -- Galaxy Nexus
If I helped you, consider donating!
Feel free to PM me with any questions!