(Easy) Ubuntu on Thrive
Okay so I have a very easy way of getting ubuntu for the thrive, although it is not optimized so it looks a little crappy. But if you feel like trying then here are the steps:
1. Download this file: http://www.2shared.com/file/9mIyT0pl...es_needed.html
2. Make sure you are rooted and also have terminal emulator and android vnc viewer installed on your thrive, they are both free in the market.
3. Once the files have downloaded completely, connect your thrive to your pc via usb and make a folder in the sdcard of your thrive named "ubuntu", and then transfer the files you downloaded into the folder.
4. Disconnect your tablet and then open up terminal emulator. Run the commands "su" then "cd sdcard/ubuntu" then "sh ubuntu.sh" exactly as I did, make sure to include the spaces and don't type the quotes.
5. In the prompt it should say something like "booting up ubuntu" although it will not boot from the terminal emulator app. So exit from terminal emulator, make sure it is still running, and open android vnc viewer.
6. Once in the vnc viewer, leave "nickname" blank, unless you want to name it, type "ubuntu" for the password, make sure the address is "localhost", for port make sure it is "5900", and finally under Color Format choose "24-bit".
7. Now just hit connect and you should get ubuntu running.
Note: This is not formatted for tablets so it is going to be in the corner of your screen. I didn't create this so I can't fix that problem.