5,594,805 Members 37,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIX] [DRIVER] Kernel Module Pack V4

Tip us?
 
saturn_de
Old
#11  
saturn_de's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 148
Posts: 140
Join Date: Jan 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxious Ninja View Post
Did you explicitly use the NDK to cross-compile? Or did the package from Asus just work?
Oh, and I didn't cross compile... I compiled natively on the Prime in a chrooted Ubuntu.

HTC ONE GE, Nexus 7 (2002), Nexus 10 bitcoin:1Q9gkB1FWPu1xBxCNJx3NkZ66r2BQrFbGv
The Following User Says Thank You to saturn_de For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
huytrang90
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 610
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_de View Post
Oh, and I didn't cross compile... I compiled natively on the Prime in a chrooted Ubuntu.
Since Asus had only release .7 kernel version, I assume this would not be with source from latest ota.

I plan to try it on .11ota. Have anyone successfully use it on latest ota?

Thanks.

warmRLS1+Anthrax
ROM: sTOCK+TWEAKED+CustomKernel
Epic4G => Evo3D =>Note2
Others: EvoLTE, S3
 
Noxious Ninja
Old
#13  
Noxious Ninja's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 425
Posts: 628
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_de View Post
Oh, and I didn't cross compile... I compiled natively on the Prime in a chrooted Ubuntu.
Oh, cool. I didn't even think to try that.
 
saturn_de
Old
#14  
saturn_de's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 148
Posts: 140
Join Date: Jan 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxious Ninja View Post
Oh, cool. I didn't even think to try that.
Yeah, you can "make modules_install; depmod -a" and afterwards you can "modprobe" any modules without thinking about the dependencies :)

HTC ONE GE, Nexus 7 (2002), Nexus 10 bitcoin:1Q9gkB1FWPu1xBxCNJx3NkZ66r2BQrFbGv
 
saturn_de
Old
#15  
saturn_de's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 148
Posts: 140
Join Date: Jan 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by huytrang90 View Post
Since Asus had only release .7 kernel version, I assume this would not be with source from latest ota.

I plan to try it on .11ota. Have anyone successfully use it on latest ota?

Thanks.

warmRLS1+Anthrax
Well, it's kernel version 2.6.39.4 in all ICS Prime version so far.

HTC ONE GE, Nexus 7 (2002), Nexus 10 bitcoin:1Q9gkB1FWPu1xBxCNJx3NkZ66r2BQrFbGv
The Following User Says Thank You to saturn_de For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Kevincod
Old
#16  
Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 62
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_de View Post
Well, it's kernel version 2.6.39.4 in all ICS Prime version so far.
Yea the kernel is the same and the modules work fine for me on .11
 
Dhyneland
Old
#17  
Dhyneland's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 229
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kansas City, Mo
This might not be the correct place for this and if so I apologize.

Is this thread about finding/compiling drivers for things so that they will work when plugged into the usb port on the keyboard dock? If so how would I go about making this usb headset work?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...odinfoCategory

Again I am sorry if I have totally misunderstood the point of this thread. Thanks!

Samsung Galaxy S III
Rom: CM10.1 Nightly
Kernel: Ktoonsez KT747 v3.0.60
Recovery: TWRP v2.4.1.0

ASUS Transformer Prime
Rom: AndroWook Hairy Bean v1.51
Kernel: Clemsyn v3.1.10 @ 1.7
Recovery: TWRP v2.3.0.0
 
saturn_de
Old
#18  
saturn_de's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 148
Posts: 140
Join Date: Jan 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
version 4 now with:
cfq-iosched.ko
deadline-iosched.ko

HTC ONE GE, Nexus 7 (2002), Nexus 10 bitcoin:1Q9gkB1FWPu1xBxCNJx3NkZ66r2BQrFbGv
 
saturn_de
Old
#19  
saturn_de's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 148
Posts: 140
Join Date: Jan 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Fix for hangs/stalls/lags, because of background disk I/O
Code:
su 
cd /data/local/modules
insmod cfq-iosched.ko
echo cfq >/sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler

HTC ONE GE, Nexus 7 (2002), Nexus 10 bitcoin:1Q9gkB1FWPu1xBxCNJx3NkZ66r2BQrFbGv
The Following User Says Thank You to saturn_de For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
saturn_de
Old
#20  
saturn_de's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 148
Posts: 140
Join Date: Jan 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico^APEX View Post
This might not be the correct place for this and if so I apologize.

Is this thread about finding/compiling drivers for things so that they will work when plugged into the usb port on the keyboard dock? If so how would I go about making this usb headset work?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...odinfoCategory

Again I am sorry if I have totally misunderstood the point of this thread. Thanks!
Ok, boot your PC/Laptop from a Linux Live CD or a locally installed Linux. Log in, start a terminal, plug in the headset and show me the output of:

# dmesg | tail -20
# lsusb
# lsmod

HTC ONE GE, Nexus 7 (2002), Nexus 10 bitcoin:1Q9gkB1FWPu1xBxCNJx3NkZ66r2BQrFbGv

Tags
ipsec, joystick, logitech, module, vpn
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes