OP onicrom

21st February 2012, 09:07 PM   |  #21  
Flag Bedford, IN
Thanks Meter: 34

157 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by murmur70

Yes $12. I don't have it yet.. I will report back once I receive it.

Got my charger today. Took a week to get here which seems a little on for $8 shipping. It is the OEM charger so at $12 it is still the best deal I have seen.
26th February 2012, 01:06 AM   |  #22  
Flag Napa, California
Thanks Meter: 269

665 posts
Hey guys, just ordered a 6810 from Negri. Ive been reading the threads and a lot of you that said you got your 7.7's from Negri said it came with a UK connector. Well Im here in the US, so I think Ill need an adapter or a new charger. But I do have a OEM Samsung 30 pin connector, and an extra HTC usb charger. Its specs are Input 100-240v/200ma/ 50-60hz/ Output 5v /1.0a. So will this work in the meantime until I get a new charger?. and what are the specs of the OEM 7.7 charger? Unfortunately buying the tablet broke the bank, and I wont have enough money for about a week. Ive attached a pic to show you the cable and charger I have. Thanks guys/ gals?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0053.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	919940  
26th February 2012, 05:36 AM   |  #23  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 38

628 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gam3r 4 Life

Hey guys, just ordered a 6810 from Negri. Ive been reading the threads and a lot of you that said you got your 7.7's from Negri said it came with a UK connector. Well Im here in the US, so I think Ill need an adapter or a new charger. But I do have a OEM Samsung 30 pin connector, and an extra HTC usb charger. Its specs are Input 100-240v/200ma/ 50-60hz/ Output 5v /1.0a. So will this work in the meantime until I get a new charger?. and what are the specs of the OEM 7.7 charger? Unfortunately buying the tablet broke the bank, and I wont have enough money for about a week. Ive attached a pic to show you the cable and charger I have. Thanks guys/ gals?

That will work but it will charge very slowly. If you followed the link I posted on the first page of this thread, that is the cheapest charger I have found including shipping.

Here it is again: http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Travel-C...576779&sr=1-19
26th February 2012, 02:51 PM   |  #24  
Flag Napa, California

665 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paten

That will work but it will charge very slowly. If you followed the link I posted on the first page of this thread, that is the cheapest charger I have found including shipping.

Here it is again: http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Travel-C...576779&sr=1-19

Ok, thats perfect. Is it the same specs as the OEM charger? A little slower? Or Faster? Thanks
26th February 2012, 03:11 PM   |  #25  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 38

628 posts
More
Read the reviews at Amazon for it.
27th February 2012, 04:11 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 117

597 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gam3r 4 Life

I thought most of the people who ordered from Negri said they got a US adapter. It doesn't look pretty, but unless you're concerned about the charger's portability, it seems silly to buy a whole new charger for it (even if it is only $8 :P).
27th February 2012, 05:07 AM   |  #27  
Flag Napa, California

665 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teiglin

I thought most of the people who ordered from Negri said they got a US adapter. It doesn't look pretty, but unless you're concerned about the charger's portability, it seems silly to buy a whole new charger for it (even if it is only $8 :P).

Well if it comes with the US adapter then I wont buy another, but Ive read at least 2 people that got the same one from Negri and that they received a UK adapter. So I guess Ill know for sure when I get it. Ill post back when I know for sure.
2nd March 2012, 04:50 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 44

810 posts
Does anybody know if we can buy alternate tips for the chargers. (picture included)
I don't get why they make them interchangeable if we can't buy a different one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	31JMaU-fbgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	928433  
2nd March 2012, 05:11 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 117

597 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7

Does anybody know if we can buy alternate tips for the chargers. (picture included)
I don't get why they make them interchangeable if we can't buy a different one.

You could try ebay, but I'm pretty sure the OEM ones are not officially sold separately. Of course you could buy the whole thing you show in the picture and just keep the tip. :P

As for why, the stuff in the brick is the expensive part, so with the changeable tip, they only need to manufacture one type of actual power supply, and they can make many different tips for various regions as needed since the tips cost next to nothing.
2nd March 2012, 05:24 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 44

810 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teiglin

You could try ebay, but I'm pretty sure the OEM ones are not officially sold separately. Of course you could buy the whole thing you show in the picture and just keep the tip. :P

As for why, the stuff in the brick is the expensive part, so with the changeable tip, they only need to manufacture one type of actual power supply, and they can make many different tips for various regions as needed since the tips cost next to nothing.

Yea, that just seemed like overkill. Oh well I guess I do have a USB cable and no tablet charging blocks to plug it into to except my nook color's, which does not charge as fast as the 7.7's. I think ill get this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-USB-Wall-...item3f0e5d7ab1

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread