Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,337 Members 38,521 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

North American power connector

Tip us?

murmur70
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by murmur70 View Post
Yes $12. I don't have it yet.. I will report back once I receive it.
Got my charger today. Took a week to get here which seems a little on for $8 shipping. It is the OEM charger so at $12 it is still the best deal I have seen.

Gam3r 4 Life
Old
Thanks Meter 267
Hey guys, just ordered a 6810 from Negri. Ive been reading the threads and a lot of you that said you got your 7.7's from Negri said it came with a UK connector. Well Im here in the US, so I think Ill need an adapter or a new charger. But I do have a OEM Samsung 30 pin connector, and an extra HTC usb charger. Its specs are Input 100-240v/200ma/ 50-60hz/ Output 5v /1.0a. So will this work in the meantime until I get a new charger?. and what are the specs of the OEM 7.7 charger? Unfortunately buying the tablet broke the bank, and I wont have enough money for about a week. Ive attached a pic to show you the cable and charger I have. Thanks guys/ gals?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0053.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	919940  
1st Corinthians 10:13

My Phone: T-Mobile LG G3 32gb : Stock Rooted KitKat 4.4.2, TWRP

Paten
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gam3r 4 Life View Post
Hey guys, just ordered a 6810 from Negri. Ive been reading the threads and a lot of you that said you got your 7.7's from Negri said it came with a UK connector. Well Im here in the US, so I think Ill need an adapter or a new charger. But I do have a OEM Samsung 30 pin connector, and an extra HTC usb charger. Its specs are Input 100-240v/200ma/ 50-60hz/ Output 5v /1.0a. So will this work in the meantime until I get a new charger?. and what are the specs of the OEM 7.7 charger? Unfortunately buying the tablet broke the bank, and I wont have enough money for about a week. Ive attached a pic to show you the cable and charger I have. Thanks guys/ gals?
That will work but it will charge very slowly. If you followed the link I posted on the first page of this thread, that is the cheapest charger I have found including shipping.

Here it is again: http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Travel-C...576779&sr=1-19

Gam3r 4 Life
Old
Thanks Meter 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paten View Post
That will work but it will charge very slowly. If you followed the link I posted on the first page of this thread, that is the cheapest charger I have found including shipping.

Here it is again: http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Travel-C...576779&sr=1-19
Ok, thats perfect. Is it the same specs as the OEM charger? A little slower? Or Faster? Thanks

Paten
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Read the reviews at Amazon for it.

teiglin
Old
Thanks Meter 117

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gam3r 4 Life View Post
I thought most of the people who ordered from Negri said they got a US adapter. It doesn't look pretty, but unless you're concerned about the charger's portability, it seems silly to buy a whole new charger for it (even if it is only $8 :P).

Gam3r 4 Life
Old
Thanks Meter 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by teiglin View Post
I thought most of the people who ordered from Negri said they got a US adapter. It doesn't look pretty, but unless you're concerned about the charger's portability, it seems silly to buy a whole new charger for it (even if it is only $8 :P).
Well if it comes with the US adapter then I wont buy another, but Ive read at least 2 people that got the same one from Negri and that they received a UK adapter. So I guess Ill know for sure when I get it. Ill post back when I know for sure.

Masterface7
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Does anybody know if we can buy alternate tips for the chargers. (picture included)
I don't get why they make them interchangeable if we can't buy a different one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	31JMaU-fbgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	928433  
Device: Nexus 5
ROM: The one with Android 4.x

teiglin
Old
Thanks Meter 117

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7 View Post
Does anybody know if we can buy alternate tips for the chargers. (picture included)
I don't get why they make them interchangeable if we can't buy a different one.
You could try ebay, but I'm pretty sure the OEM ones are not officially sold separately. Of course you could buy the whole thing you show in the picture and just keep the tip. :P

As for why, the stuff in the brick is the expensive part, so with the changeable tip, they only need to manufacture one type of actual power supply, and they can make many different tips for various regions as needed since the tips cost next to nothing.

Masterface7
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by teiglin View Post
You could try ebay, but I'm pretty sure the OEM ones are not officially sold separately. Of course you could buy the whole thing you show in the picture and just keep the tip. :P

As for why, the stuff in the brick is the expensive part, so with the changeable tip, they only need to manufacture one type of actual power supply, and they can make many different tips for various regions as needed since the tips cost next to nothing.
Yea, that just seemed like overkill. Oh well I guess I do have a USB cable and no tablet charging blocks to plug it into to except my nook color's, which does not charge as fast as the 7.7's. I think ill get this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-USB-Wall-...item3f0e5d7ab1
Device: Nexus 5
ROM: The one with Android 4.x