Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 51,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] HTC Calibrate VGA

Tip us?

lukas.pce
Old
(Last edited by lukas.pce; 21st January 2012 at 06:22 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [APP] HTC Calibrate VGA

Hi, I edited original HTC Calibrate app to work with VGA resolution (diamond, raphael..)

It is for easy calibrate touch screen from android system (any build, device with these resolution)

This app edit the ts-calibration file in ROM, not on sd card. For preservation change after reboot its important delete ts-calibration file from sdcard, but most builds without ts-calibration file doesnt boot :/

screenshots:

HtcCalibrate_WVGA.apk (91.9 KB) is from touch pro 2 section, its for WVGA devices
HtcCalibrate_origo.apk (99.9 KB) is from G2 (probably)
Attached Files
File Type: apk HtcCalibrate_VGA.apk - [Click for QR Code] (92.9 KB, 2799 views)
File Type: apk HtcCalibrate_WVGA.apk - [Click for QR Code] (91.9 KB, 3143 views)
File Type: apk HtcCalibrate_origo.apk - [Click for QR Code] (99.9 KB, 1648 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lukas.pce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3473

DONATE TO ME
Nice work!

Why can't you just write to ts-calib in the app? Nothing will boot w/o a ts-calib. How could you even launch the calibration app then? lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

glegge
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you for this, its just what i was hoping to find.
I'll try it tonight, i hope i can finally calibrate my diamond touch 2 screen.

cheers
Gavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas.pce View Post
Hi, I edited original HTC Calibrate app to work with VGA resolution (diamond, raphael..)

It is for easy calibrate touch screen from android system (any build, device with these resolution)

This app edit the ts-calibration file in ROM, not on sd card. For preservation change after reboot its important delete ts-calibration file from sdcard, but most builds without ts-calibration file doesnt boot :/

screenshots:

HtcCalibrate_WVGA.apk (91.9 KB) is from touch pro 2 section, its for WVGA devices
HtcCalibrate_origo.apk (99.9 KB) is from G2 (probably)

glegge
Old
Thanks Meter 1
works like a charm, now to find the file it creates, and transfer it to the root of the sd card so it can pick it up at boot time (ie replace my calibrate file with the one created by this awesome program).

Quote:
Originally Posted by glegge View Post
Thank you for this, its just what i was hoping to find.
I'll try it tonight, i hope i can finally calibrate my diamond touch 2 screen.

cheers
Gavin

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3473

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by glegge View Post
works like a charm, now to find the file it creates, and transfer it to the root of the sd card so it can pick it up at boot time (ie replace my calibrate file with the one created by this awesome program).
Yes, it would be best if it just replaced the existing ts-calibration file...

lukas.pce
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
If I remember good, ts-caliration file from this app is in /data/ folder, but for view/copy it you need root acess file browser.

Unfortunately i am not already using raphael because i bought htc desire and I havent free sd card for testing on raphael..

wizardknight
Old
Thanks Meter 261
Did anyone ever find out where this app stores it's calibration data?

Caldair
Old
Thanks Meter 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
Did anyone ever find out where this app stores it's calibration data?
I found the file it creates in /sys/devices/virtual/input/input3/calibration_points
I copied it to the root of the root of the SD card and remamed it ts-calibration and it worked perfectly on next reboot.
I'm on a Rhodium running GBX0C with 3.3.6 kernel (using the WVGA version of course).
The Following User Says Thank You to Caldair For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mejok
Old
Thanks Meter 14
hi doest it work with htc desire hd? which file do i need to download?

thanks alot

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3473

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejok View Post
hi doest it work with htc desire hd? which file do i need to download?

thanks alot
This is not even close to the proper section.

Also, the Desire HD has a capacitive screen - which means not only is calibration not necessary, but not even possible. Only resistive screens need calibration - and these screens are basically no longer being used (in phones at least).