Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,573 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM7 DX2 - Issues so far

Tip us?

hoganw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMopx View Post
I've got horrid battery life (down to 60% in 5 hours of LOW use) and some wifi issues (sometimes has a hard time connecting, sometimes not).

I'm going to try the davlic and cache wipe and report back.
I'd suggest clearing the battery stats as well, I think this is what helped me the most. My battery usage the first time around was virtually the same, almost 10% per hour. Now, since clearing the battery stats, I get this...

motcher41
Old
Thanks Meter 1,275

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieb1983 View Post
I would like to report the only problem I have had with CM7 on my DX2 is one of my apps not restoring data I backed up before flashing. Other than that, I LOVE THIS ROM! I used this ROM on my old Dinc and absolutely loved it then too. I feel at home with CM7, and since this is only a beta version, I can't wait for the final release!
This will most likely never comeout of beta unless Cyanogen picks it up as an official. That isn't likely to happen so don't wait and enjoy today
Check out the friendliest community on Google+
Droid Friends Community
Everyone and virtually everything welcome here!
Visit http://www.elementalxdesigns.com/ for a very friendly android community.

iBolski
Old
Thanks Meter 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoganw View Post
I'd suggest clearing the battery stats as well, I think this is what helped me the most. My battery usage the first time around was virtually the same, almost 10% per hour. Now, since clearing the battery stats, I get this...

It's been stated by a Google engineer that wiping battery stats will do nothing to help improve battery life.

Here's the article:

http://www.androidcentral.com/wiping...oogle-engineer

It's main purpose is to keep track of what has been using the battery. Wiping it just means you start over the monitoring of what is using the battery. It does nothing to improve or worsen your battery life.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast

hoganw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski View Post
It's been stated by a Google engineer that wiping battery stats will do nothing to help improve battery life.

Here's the article:

http://www.androidcentral.com/wiping...oogle-engineer

It's main purpose is to keep track of what has been using the battery. Wiping it just means you start over the monitoring of what is using the battery. It does nothing to improve or worsen your battery life.
It's also well-known that it takes time for ROMs to acclimate and properly report battery state. Sorry if I implied it would improve actual battery life, it was more to say that battery life/state seems to be more accurate after wiping the battery stats while in BSR. I had rebooted numerous times the first time I installed CM7, battery usage/state reported across those 2 days was the same. Crappy.

This time around I cleared the battery stats while in BSR and installed the exact same zips, then restored the same data. This time around the battery state is much more in line with what I would expect.

Clearing the battery stats appears to have resulted in CORRECT reporting of battery life/state, not actually increased it. I did not let the battery drain completely the first time I installed CM7.

hoganw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, day 3 and everything is working great still. No cell issues, no notification bugs, etc. Now I'll be able to survive until my upgrade date, woohoo!

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

BreatheALittle
Old
(Last edited by BreatheALittle; 29th January 2012 at 12:13 PM.) Reason: Oh look at that...
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Shadow - NM View Post
For everyone having problems with CM7, I HIGHLY recommend going in and wiping both cache and dalvik-cache. (Not a data wipe.) This has fixed pretty much every problem I have run into with CM7.
Thanks so much for this tip! I was having the wifi/3G connectivity problems as well. I found that a simple reboot would fix it temporarily, but didn't want to always have to reboot my phone. I wondered why the directions to install CM7 advised to wipe both cache and dalvik cache directly after install. Guess I shouldn't have skipped that step? Now I know...

EDIT: So, after I cleared the caches, I noticed my phone was no longer reading my battery. The battery icon simply had a "?" in it. Rebooting fixed it, but just wanted to give the heads up in the instance that anyone else experiences it.

t1.8matt
Old
Thanks Meter 395
so far, with the most recent version of cm7 installed,these are the issues I'm having:
-Modern combat games wont work.
-script manager is sketchy, can't load kick ass kernalizer, but can load the other two with noproblems.
-I don't like how the sdcards are setup. Nothing installs to the riht location because all the Emory locations are rearranged. Sd-flip flop doesnt work.
So farthose are the few problems. Otherwise a generally fast rom otherwise. Might give the NEW MIUI a shot too. Does anyone know if u can go from cm7 to MIUI since itsays ituses some cm7 framework?

king..kranium
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Default same problem with notification bar

Specifically: I "grabbed" a download complete notification on accident. It dragged a few centimeters and glitched the whole thing. Only problem I've had. And also try the cache cleaner( for heavy use set to auto clean every hour)...

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

I believe the script manager settings are conflicting with the cyanogenmod settings. See what the script is setting the values to and edit in the cyanogen mod settings...

Mikeyfitz14
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have the notification and WiFi issues as well, though I just changed the sleep policy, so I will have to test it and see if it resolves the problem.

This morning my alarms did not function properly, the alarm went off (phone vibrated) but not audible alarm. I confirmed that they were set correctly and tested with newly set alarms. Reboot fixed.

I have also been having problems with Google Music/Pandora and the Music app. If I am listening to Google Music/Pandora and then "quit" the program (using menu button) the program will close, but Music then opens and starts playing? I remember that there was an setting to pause/play when headphones were connected or disconnected in older software versions, but I cant find that setting anymore. Anyone else seeing this issue?

eccm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am trying to install this on my phone and have it Rooted and have access to the bootloader. I have the files from the CM7 thread on my SD card in a folder I labeled "APK and ZIP" When I go to the bootloader and select "install from SD" and the folder designated it tells me no files are found there. I have left the files zipped and tried it unzipped. Can anyone let me know what i may be doing wrong? I was going to ask in the development thread but I dont have access to that currently.