CM7 DX2 - Issues so far

Search This thread

cblendz

Feb 1, 2012
I'm also having an issue with my computer not reading my SD cards. What settings does the USB connection has to be on to transfer data to the computer since USB mass storage is not on this rom?

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

DaveRichardson

Aug 2, 2011
I'm also having an issue with my computer not reading my SD cards. What settings does the USB connection has to be on to transfer data to the computer since USB mass storage is not on this rom?

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

The middle one. 'Mount SD for USB access' or something. I haven't had any issues, but I've also installed probably five different various Android devices drivers on my PC over the years, so maybe one of those is facilitating the handshake.

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
(Fixed) Installing a font other than Roboto was the culprit.

On words that are cut off when they're longer than the text box they're in like my browser address bar, or file names in es explorer, i cant even read the names of my .zip files, the words and numbers are just getting turned into boxes with an x in the middle of them for each character. Is there a way to fix this? Also, what I'd the original font in CM7?

Last edited:

cblendz

Feb 1, 2012
The middle one. 'Mount SD for USB access' or something. I haven't had any issues, but I've also installed probably five different various Android devices drivers on my PC over the years, so maybe one of those is facilitating the handshake.

Yeah everything works fine now
I had to do a flip flop of the SD cards by editing the vold folder.

Sent from my DX2 on CM7

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
Any one having issues with ADW Launcher force closing when going to landscape mode on the home screens? After reflashing CM7 to get rid of the center clock mod, it won't let me go into landscape.

Sent from my CM7 Beta X2

king..kranium

Jan 30, 2012
Mamou
Any one having issues with ADW Launcher force closing when going to landscape mode on the home screens? After reflashing CM7 to get rid of the center clock mod, it won't let me go into landscape.

Check ur settings make sure its enabled to turn that way. Cm7 settings not Adw...
Sent from my CM7 Beta X2

Sent from my MB870 using XDA App

king..kranium

Jan 30, 2012
Mamou
Report: wifi wtf: I'm at home right now and with wifi enabled( and connected), and.... nothing. I dnt wanna sound dramatic but maybe= COMPLETE WIFI FAILURE. lol

smallzfsu

Jan 21, 2012
Report: wifi wtf: I'm at home right now and with wifi enabled( and connected), and.... nothing. I dnt wanna sound dramatic but maybe= COMPLETE WIFI FAILURE. lol

These type of wifi problems seem to be largely ignored, and honestly I'm not sure why. It's very clearly a problem. I flashed this ROM a few times in various ways and I can't get it to keep a consistent, usable wifi connection. I flashed liberty this past weekend and haven't had a single wifi problem since. I'd rather be running cm7 cause I like it better, but not with this problem.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

y0himba

Sep 16, 2008
In a house.
www.y0himba.net
I have been reading about the WiFi problems and I am not seeing them. My Wifi connects as soon as I get in range of my house, and operates normally. I think that either the ROM was flashed wrong or maybe folks are impatient and cannot wait long enough between scans. The scan period seems to have been adjusted for battery life...

Reactions: Mr One 2

Mr One 2

Aug 31, 2011
toledo
I have been reading about the WiFi problems and I am not seeing them. My Wifi connects as soon as I get in range of my house, and operates normally. I think that either the ROM was flashed wrong or maybe folks are impatient and cannot wait long enough between scans. The scan period seems to have been adjusted for battery life...

Wifi has always been an issue w this phone. On stock and even on eclipse. I remember having to go to the wireless settings sometimes and than wifi would connect. Oddly I haven't had this problem on cm7.... go figure

king..kranium

Jan 30, 2012
Mamou
Um... little embarrassed. Didn't pay the internet bill. I'm at my girlfriends and Voila... cm7 is immaculate as always...

smallzfsu

Jan 21, 2012
Wifi has always been an issue w this phone. On stock and even on eclipse. I remember having to go to the wireless settings sometimes and than wifi would connect. Oddly I haven't had this problem on cm7.... go figure

I can appreciate that, but why am I having no problems on liberty, but as soon as I flash cm7 again (retired this morning) I run into the problem again? And please explain how you can flash cm7 wrong I'm following the same tuts as you all are? :[

Mr One 2

Aug 31, 2011
toledo
I can appreciate that, but why am I having no problems on liberty, but as soon as I flash cm7 again (retired this morning) I run into the problem again? And please explain how you can flash cm7 wrong I'm following the same tuts as you all are? :[

Im not saying u are flashing it wrong. One thing people are having problems w is not wiping data, cache, and dalvik cache after flashing, not before. Also you can set your wifi setting to never sleepand that seems to help folks too. Wireless settings >menu> advanced setting> sleep policy I believe.

smallzfsu

Jan 21, 2012

Im not saying u are flashing it wrong. One thing people are having problems w is not wiping data, cache, and dalvik cache after flashing, not before. Also you can set your wifi setting to never sleepand that seems to help folks too. Wireless settings >menu> advanced setting> sleep policy I believe.

No I no, the previous post was suggesting that, y0himba, not you. I definitely wiped the big three after flash, before flash and before and after flash, no dice. And I also set the policy to never sleep, but like others have posted it seems to be ignoring that setting for some reason. I'm willing to try anything, get logs, write code, whatever to fix this it's just bugging me to no end that I can't get out to work right. :[

SuRG0

Feb 1, 2012
I had a WiFi issue as well. I found that I had to reboot the phone to get it to work. Not sure why, but for a beta, I'm not complaining.

Feb 5, 2012
Philadelphia
Calling Issue

I seem to be lucky so far, I haven't had any of the problems mentioned above. I do have one minor problem that I assume is being caused by CM7 (did not experience this on Liberty or Stock). When I try calling numbers with a +1 in front of them (long distance, toll free, etc.), it displays dialing for about 30 seconds and then says call dropped. Dialing the same number without the +1 in front it connects within a second or two. I don't know if this a Verizon limitation that was recently added or if this is a CM7 issue and haven't gotten to test it on a friends phone yet.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

As for the battery life, I've had CM7 for a few days, and have had relatively good battery life. It lasts about 12 hours of medium usage before it gets to 30%, but I spend 7 hours a day in a school and it sits in the YMCA locker room for another 2, both of which are dead zones. I have e-mail and Gmail, Weather, Google Music for about an hour, 100-150 texts a day, 20 minutes of calling, 50 Textfree texts and a few other apps running for various times. No issues there yet so I'm happy. :)

lvlaniac

Jan 26, 2012
I have noticed the notification menu freezing a couple of times now. The first time was while the phone was in a car dock and I was trying to click something. I slid the item a slight amount then the dock notifications froze. I could still open / close the drawer and new notifications even showed up as I got them, I just couldn't click the notification.

My assumption is that the code was stuck in the slide away cancel, and launching the item at the same time.

The other time it happened was while the phone was undocked, same thing slight slide (not enough that would close the item) then a freeze.

If there is any sort of log I can grab I don't mind doing that.

Another issue is the phone dialer in landscape mode (while in the car dock) you can't use the dial pad, since the dial pad is hidden behind other buttons.

Is there any way we can extract the moto blutooth app to use in CM7?

cash_back

Jan 10, 2011
I have noticed the notification menu freezing a couple of times now. The first time was while the phone was in a car dock and I was trying to click something. I slid the item a slight amount then the dock notifications froze. I could still open / close the drawer and new notifications even showed up as I got them, I just couldn't click the notification.

My assumption is that the code was stuck in the slide away cancel, and launching the item at the same time.

The other time it happened was while the phone was undocked, same thing slight slide (not enough that would close the item) then a freeze.

If there is any sort of log I can grab I don't mind doing that.

Another issue is the phone dialer in landscape mode (while in the car dock) you can't use the dial pad, since the dial pad is hidden behind other buttons.

Is there any way we can extract the moto blutooth app to use in CM7?

I Read somewhere on here that this is a cm7 bug, but you can go to theme Chooser and re-apply your theme that you are currently using to reset notification bar if it freezes, much better than rebooting.

Reactions: lvlaniac

lvlaniac

Jan 26, 2012
Thank you for the tip :)

Also I wanted to point out that Dragonz CM7 has been more stable than Stock. With stock my phone would boot loop daily. With CM7 I've had it up for almost 4 days - attached is a screen shot. Now that I know the theme trick I shouldn't have to reboot it until I flash CM9 :)

Attachments

• CM7DX2Uptime.jpg
    CM7DX2Uptime.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 37

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For everyone having problems with CM7, I HIGHLY recommend going in and wiping both cache and dalvik-cache. (Not a data wipe.) This has fixed pretty much every problem I have run into with CM7.

Now for downloading large files, I have found that I have to use tasker to create a "power profile" that never turns off the screen. I do not have the WIFI loosing connection issue that has been reported, however I have noticed (on stock as well) that when the screen times out, downloads all fail or stop. Just my 2 cents. :D

Ciao!
    For the pull down toggles, settings>cyanogenmod settings>interface>notification power widget>widget buttons.
    So I've read through the CM7 development threads and through this one regarding some of the issues. I am currently running on Liberty. Since I am still learning the Android world (read: I'm freaking clueless), would you guys suggest changing over to CM7, or staying with Liberty?

Thanks! (from the girl who's trying to learn...) :D

I have never run the liberty rom but i do recommend cm7. The only issue I've had is with wifi. It loses connection sometimes. I downloaded wifi fixer from the market. It doesn't fix the problem but it does reconnect wifi for me. Some have this problem and some don't.

Make a nandroid and give it a try. If you don't like it you can always go back to liberty.

Sent from my cm7dx2 using XDA App
    Thanks so much!! I found the directions to give it a try, and realized it was waaaaay more complex than what I felt comfortable doing on my own. Plus, it said I would have to install it from Gingerbread... so that would be 2 installs to complete. May have to wait for my tech guru for this one! However, I'm excited to check it out!

(By the way, I realized that on the couple posts I have, you have helped with both of them. Double thanks. :) )

Good luck with whatever you decide but it really isn't as complicated as it sounds. Moonshadow has created some great tutorials to guide you through each step. And you are welcome for the help.

Sent from my cm7dx2 using XDA App
    this is a known bug. there is a way to have working dsp, search android development.

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

this is also a known bug. no fix.

When I was on cm7 I uninstalled dsp manager, flashed beats audio zip, then installed a aftermarket equalizer. No more problems lol.

Sent from my XT894 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2