Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 44,152 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] MIUI 2.2.24 u8800pro / u8800+ (updated)

Tip us?

adomixaszvers
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by modman1 View Post
Hello, I've upgraded CWM to 5.0.2.7 and it still doesn't work. Error is the same

Code:
assert failed getprop("ro.product.device") == "U8800Pro" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "U8800Pro" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "U8800Pro")
E: Error in /sdcard/miui.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted
Any other thoughts?

UPDATE: I have successfully installer Genkolar's Cyanogen 7. After first install I've stucket at Cyano bootloader animation, but then I cleared cache and restarted phone. After that OS booted normally. I still want to use MIUI, what should I try?
Unzip the archive. Find MIUI_u8800pro_2.2.24.25\META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script. Open it with a text editor and comment
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "u8800pro" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "u8800pro" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "u8800pro");
that it looks like this
Code:
#assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "u8800pro" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "u8800pro" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "u8800pro");
. And zip the contents.

s4k1s
Old
(Last edited by s4k1s; 29th February 2012 at 01:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Hi.. I'm new to the forum and also to the whole "android modding" subject. I'd like to ask.. Does this ROM require root access to install?

bobsido
Old
Thanks Meter 6
You need CWM-based recovery v5.0.27, install under it. After installation you phone will be rooted, nothing needed.

Sent from my u8800pro using xda premium

s4k1s
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Is it possible to roll back to an unrooted state afterwards? e.g if I uninstall cwm recovery? Or is there any other way?

bobsido
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4k1s View Post
Is it possible to roll back to an unrooted state afterwards? e.g if I uninstall cwm recovery? Or is there any other way?
if you flash after this, from the pink screen, any stock firmware - 512, 552, 565 ect., you will get not rooted phone with the stock recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobsido For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s4k1s
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default Problem!

So.. I hate to start this post that way.. but I have no backups in my external SD card at all, just the .zip file of MIUI 2.2.24 in my internal SD card. After upgrading to this version of MIUI ,through CWM 5.0.2.7, from 2.3.5 official I got stuck at the boot screen. The other problem is that the CWM recognizes an SD card and an internal card that both have the same contents as my internal card, so i really don't see the contents of my external SD card. So I can't put anything in my external SD to flash my phone and now that the phone is not working I cannot access the internal SD either.. What should I do?

bobsido
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
So.. I hate to start this post that way.. but I have no backups in my external SD card at all, just the .zip file of MIUI 2.2.24 in my internal SD card. After upgrading to this version of MIUI ,through CWM 5.0.2.7, from 2.3.5 official I got stuck at the boot screen. The other problem is that the CWM recognizes an SD card and an internal card that both have the same contents as my internal card, so i really don't see the contents of my external SD card. So I can't put anything in my external SD to flash my phone and now that the phone is not working I cannot access the internal SD either.. What should I do?
you even read the previous posts? black and white that has been written that you first need to install MIUI 2.1.20, and after that flash 2.2.24 over it! Use for it external SD. Download 2.1.20, make wipe, flash it, when done go to CWM and flash 2.2.40.

TUPAC_RIP
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
You should flash the official 2.3.5 (512) by putting the dload folder in your external sd with a card reader. After that you can do whatever you want. (Αν θελεις λεπτομεριες στειλε μου pm.)

s4k1s
Old
(Last edited by s4k1s; 1st March 2012 at 07:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Thanks everyone for your help. I've already found the solution, which was the one Tupac mentioned later. I think I'll stay with 2.3.5 official, sicnce there were many things malfunctioning with MIUI including: music app frequently crushing, market not working, .avi and .wmv playback not working and much chinese and russian language throughout the phone despite translation..
Thanks.

marcolnx
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Someone can tell me if shootme app work for screenshot? Only we can take from terminal emulator? Thanks

Sent from my u8800pro using XDA