[APP] Boat Browser - browse the web like a Boss

21st January 2012, 09:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

126 posts
https://market.android.com/details?i...atbrowser.free

Simply awesome browser.

It handles extremely heavy Flash websites like Grooveshark like a boss. It's smooth, handles multiple pages well, handles annoying popups well (!) without going ape****. It inherently knows keyboard shortcuts like "CTRL+A" when selecting all the text in a text box. Knows CTRL+C, CTRL+X, CTRL+V. It does *not* know CTRL+F to find, you have to click through to find text, which is one of the very few minor downsides.

It's smooth, elegant... like Chrome for your desktop, except it's for your Prime.

Enable Desktop User Agent mode in the settings and play around with Flash settings til it works for your needs. But it will handle *almost* any flash website you browse regularly, bar none.

Independent review here: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...r-for-android/
Last edited by robomo; 21st January 2012 at 10:06 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robomo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2012, 10:35 PM   |  #2  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 16

141 posts
More
I'll give it a shot, I'm always up for trying a new browser. I'll update with an opinion after I check it out for awhile. The reviews on the market are very positive.
21st January 2012, 10:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

126 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josue85

I'll give it a shot, I'm always up for trying a new browser. I'll update with an opinion after I check it out for awhile. The reviews on the market are very positive.

Please give a bluntly honest review - perfect/great stuff & the ugly - I have a feeling the "ugly" stuff would probably get fixed pretty quickly.

I would give an honest review, but I'm on cloud 9 with this browser currently so I'm currently incapacitated
22nd January 2012, 12:26 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Alexandria, Va
Thanks Meter: 2,045

6,979 posts
More
I'm checking it out now. Seems pretty good so far. Just alot to it and have to get used to the setup. Will report back after longer use.

Damn! I have like 5-6 of the best browsers I'm comparing..lol. lets see if this one is better than stock or opera mobile.
22nd January 2012, 12:30 AM   |  #5  
Flag Selden
Thanks Meter: 264

1,418 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demandarin

I'm checking it out now. Seems pretty good so far. Just alot to it and have to get used to the setup. Will report back after longer use.

Damn! I have like 5-6 of the best browsers I'm comparing..lol. lets see if this one is better than stock or opera mobile.

i have a browser folder with like 5 in it i cant choose
22nd January 2012, 04:24 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

35 posts
lol, silly name for a browser but awesome looking (reminds me of a chrome/xscope look), I will give it a try
22nd January 2012, 05:52 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 10

103 posts
this is a great browser. my only gripe with it is that it takes forever to get back into it from the recent tasks bar. other than that, its just as smooth as opera and it plays flash.
22nd January 2012, 10:03 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Alexandria, Va
Thanks Meter: 2,045

6,979 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylermaciaszek

i have a browser folder with like 5 in it i cant choose

Same here. Made a folder called Browsers. This boat browser is really nice. Only thing is the quick settings and taskbar options n everything all over the place. You have to get use to it. I like that it lets you customize the quick setting on the tasknar at the bottom.

ANYONE know how to transfer bookmarks from opera mobile?
22nd January 2012, 01:22 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 7

90 posts
More
looks and feels great, but lacks keyboard shortcuts like ctrl t, ctrl w, ctrl tab and etc. So its not that easy to use while docked (most of time for me). otherwise pretty damn solid browser
22nd January 2012, 02:41 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 3

77 posts
Nice! Thanks for the heads up.

My only tiny gripe is that panning while loading is still a little jittery. Dolphin is the smoothest when loading but Boat"s flash prowess might make it my browser of choice.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread