Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

***FeraLab*** Official - Break The Limits...

Tip us?

FeraVolt
Old
(Last edited by FeraVolt; 28th February 2014 at 02:29 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12801

DONATE TO ME
Arrow ***FeraLab*** Official - Break The Limits...

= Welcome =

Quote:
Welcome to FeraLab Official thread! FeraLab is aftermarket Android firmware, which offers you a lot of features, updates and improvements, not found in original stock firmware build. FeraLab firmware is free and it always be free. OpenSource rules ! Firmware is licensed under GPLv2 License. Bring new life to your smartphone, install FeraLab firmware - break the limits!

Little intro:
I'm not a super-professional developer, but I try to do the things I love to do in the best way. Feel free to do critics, suggestions or anything else in our discussion thread. If you have a problem or quetion or something, before you do, I suggest you to read XDA Rules. Now tighten your belts - we're going to fly at the speed of light!

Extra Info:
Latest screenshots of firmware will be always available HERE. (I will update them soon.)
Latest changelog will be always available HERE.
Source code is HERE.
A little announce HERE.
FAQ & Troubleshooting post HERE.

Features list:
For info about kernel, please visit THIS thread.
  • sooon..

Installation:
(If you have locked bootoader - ignore first step, you already have latest kernel built-in ROM package. You may probably want to install LB kernel if you don't have CWM6 recovery.)

>> Extract 'FeraKernel.ftf' from firmware package to '/flashtool/firmwares/' folder & Flash kernel from FlashTool.
>> Boot-up to CWM6 Recovery & just straightly install ROM following AROMA installation wizard.
Unlocked Bootloaders - no need to manually mout or wipe something - everything is automized.
Locked Bootloaders - Mount system and Data partition in recovery only.
>> After installation, boot your phone, pass setup wizard and wait 2 minutes. Reboot again.
>> On second boot wait not less than 2 minutes again & reboot.
>> Done. Do a reboot after you configured your phone.

Thanks to all guys, who contributed, helped, tested my work.. And thanks to all dev's, whose work I used in my firmware. You all are wonderful, amazing, smart, super cool, beautiful people! Peace out!
The Following 569 Users Say Thank You to FeraVolt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FeraVolt
Old
(Last edited by FeraVolt; 4th February 2014 at 02:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12801

DONATE TO ME
Tutorial ChangeLog

Latest Changelog:
Code:
Select Code
***FeraLab***
=============

= v36 =
> AROMA updates
> zRam updates + levels for choice
> Launcher & music widget for choice
> Fixed CleanMaster problem
> Removed PlayStation from AROMA
> Add UV removing option in AROMA
> Updates sound libs from JB
> H264 Codec for Video recording (optimized)
> Home launcher speed optimization
> SMS character conversion dialog available
> SMS UTF8 support
> JB UI animations
> KitKat Fonts
> KitKat Ringtones
> Partically fixed offline charging
> Misc media tweaks
> Updated & optimized all apps
> Framework fixes
> misc..

= v35 =
> Fixed typo error in Home launcher
> Tuned Home launcher to be speedy
> Updated FDE to v17.03
> Updated Viper4Android sound engine
> Updated themes
> Tile rendering support
> Settings menu rearranged
> All apps Updated & zipalligned
> misc..

= v34 =
> Initial Release of NEW rom.

Old changelog.
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to FeraVolt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FeraVolt
Old
(Last edited by FeraVolt; 25th August 2013 at 04:20 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12801

DONATE TO ME
Wink ***FeraLab***

WARNING, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

UPDATE,

After discussions with the developer, FeraVolt has decided that the thread in the x10 general forum is the way to go so now please respect the decision.

If you are having problems with things like apps, kernels or anything that has not been developed in the rom then go to the thread in general or the the thread that the app/kernel concerns.

If you have wishes or bugs that can not be resolved then FeraVolt has agreed you can send a personal message, please do not abuse this kindness by spamming FeraVolts inbox.

Thankyou can be left by using the thanks button, if you are feeling generous then reward all the hard work with a donation. If these 2 methods are not good enough then pm FeraVolt.

FeraVolt has requested a clean thread so please now leave the thread for development and major bugs posts only. I am sure the happiness of your developer with this simple request will leave be productive in your favour as it leaves more time for development of this great rom.

The op has been updated and the link for the thread in the general forum is "HERE"

Have Fun guys. colossus.

Your post will be ignored/deleted if you ask things, that are already described on web-site, so please be carefull!
Peace. FeraVolt
The Following 121 Users Say Thank You to FeraVolt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stillka
Old
Thanks Meter 60
it looks good, I will test it.

But Is there any easy way how to set default font back? I don't like custom fonts...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stillka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FeraVolt
Old
(Last edited by FeraVolt; 23rd January 2012 at 12:44 AM.) Reason: added new font patch
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12801

DONATE TO ME
Yes, just simply copy the stock fonts folder through Root explorer

Recovery zip included now
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to FeraVolt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FeraVolt
Old
(Last edited by FeraVolt; 10th January 2014 at 01:35 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12801

DONATE TO ME
Thanks. It's in Data/app so everyone can easily remove it)
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to FeraVolt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MattyOnXperiaX10
Old
(Last edited by MattyOnXperiaX10; 10th November 2012 at 09:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 162
Please Follow Feravolts twitter @feralabsdevs

Sent from my SO-01C using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to MattyOnXperiaX10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FeraVolt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12801

DONATE TO ME
sorry dude, but no.. From ThGo tooken only speed fixes, taskkiller settings and some other stuff..
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to FeraVolt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aval1392
Old
Thanks Meter 114
seems unique. Thanks bud....have you tested for stability or is there still some things to fix?
The Following User Says Thank You to aval1392 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FeraVolt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12801

DONATE TO ME
As I said, I tested it for a day and found no lags... Rom is fully stable..Calls..data..etc.. everythind works fine)

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to FeraVolt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
feradroid, feralab, feravolt, gingebread, jellybean