Quite a few things are added this round. See the features section below for more information.
Latest News & Status
[03/19/2012] Tested to work on Galaxy Player 5.0 US (thanks to dunca123)
[03/18/2012] Upped the version to GB.XXKPF.WT-0.4.0
[02/11/2012] Upped the version to GB.XXKPF.WT-0.3.0
[02/05/2012] Revised the link to rj 13 kernel and added a mod for Chinese locales
[02/01/2012] Added the mods for formatting partitions to ext4 or rfs
[01/31/2012] Revised the link to rj kernel
[01/29/2012] Upped the version to GB.XXKPF.WT-0.2.0
[01/28/2012] Added a Nexus ICS boot animation mod
[01/26/2012] Upped the version to GB.XXKPF.WT-0.1.1
[01/26/2012] GPS is not working because of incorrect file permissions. Working on a fix now. Should have a fix in a day or so. (Fixed in 0.1.1)
GB.XXKPF.WT-0.4.0(International or US)
- (new) Enabled ad hoc network (thanks to bruceleedragon1's wpa_supplicant)
- (new) Disabled scroll cache
- (new) Moved many system apps to /data (you can now delete them easily)
- (new) Added Go Launcher and Titanium Backup (you can delete them, if you don't like them)
- (new) Kernel is not included anymore (experienced user may try this rom on US device and see if it works)
- (new) Enabled overscroll glow (thanks to dhiru1602's guide). The color is set to white. If you don't like the color, you can cook another color into the framework using UOT kitchen.
- Added Chinese locales: HK, CN & TW
- Added lidroid's power button, see the original thread here. The widget buttons can be setup using the included "QuickPanel Setting" app.
- Tweaked gps.conf
- Small tweak to Dalvik options in build.prop
- Advanced power menu is included by default (no uninstall though)
- Added an option for enabling the classic Android lock screen. You can enable that by creating the empty file "/data/local/setting-enable.tap.lock". Deleting the file will revert to the default glass lock. No reboot is needed.
- Changed to use Nexus ICS boot screen
- Changed default wallpaper
- Updated Google Maps & Superuser app
- CRT-off animation. You need to turn on animation in Settings->Display->Animation in order to get this.
- Added new icons from UOT kitchen
Additional Mods & Tools
- Format-ext4 (i.e. lagfix) This will format /system, /data, /datadata (dbdata) and /cache to ext4. You can use this to wipe your device before installing the base ROM.
- Format-rfs This will format /system, /data, /datadata (dbdata) and /cache to rfs. You can use this to wipe your device before installing the base ROM.
- Boot Animation - Nexus ICS Required r11 or above kernel! (This is repackaged from what I found in JaeKar99's thread, this package should work with ROMs using CWM in rj's kernel. You can create your own by replacing the bootanimation.zip in the package.)
GB.XXKPF.WT-0.3.0 (International only)
GB.XXKPF.WT-0.2.0 (International only)
GB.XXKPF.WT-0.1.1 (International only)
GB.XXKPF.WT-0.1.0 (International only)
Mods for WT-0.2.x:
Mods for WT-0.1.x:
Advanced Power Menu Installer (added Reboot, Recovery & Download)
Advanced Power Menu Uninstaller
Change Log: V0.4.0 - Replaced wpa_supplicant (for ad hoc network) - Disabled scroll cache - Updated apps - Moved many apps to /data - Added Go Launcher - Added Titanium Backup (free ver.) - Kerneless - Overscroll glow enabled v0.3.0 - Updated to r13 kernel - Added lidroid's power buttons - Added Chinese locales: HK, CN, TW V0.2.0 - Tweaked /etc/gps.conf - Added Dalvik options to build.prop - Advanced power menu - Added the option for enabling tap lock - Updated to r11 kernel - Added Nexus boot animation - Updated Google Maps - Updated Superuser app - Added CRT-off animation - Added new icons from UOT kitchen V0.1.1 - Fixed gps related permission bug GB.XXKPF.WT-0.1.0 - Base on stock ROM YPG70XXKPF - Rooted - rj8 kernel by rumirand - Deodexed - Zip aligned - Google applications updated (including new Market) - Compatible with both ext4 (lagfix) and rfs. It will not change your existing partition type
- You have a Galaxy Player 5.0 International or US (YP-G70).
- For US device, you need to have Entropy's kernel. You can get the kernel in this thread.
- For international device, you need to have rumirand's kernel. You can get the kernel in this thread.
- Your internal SD card has more than 200M bytes free.
- Copy the zip package you downloaded from the link above to your internal sd card.
- Turn off your device.
- Boot your device into recovery mode by pressing Vol Up+Home+Power. You can release your buttons once you see the Samsung logo.
- In main menu, use "wipe data/factory reset" clean up your data directory.
- In advanced menu and do a "Wipe Dalvik Cache".
- In main menu, select "install zip from sdcard".
- Then select "choose zip from internal sdcard".
- Pick the zip file you put on the internal sdcard.
- Select "Yes" to start the flashing.
- Fingers crossed & pray.
- DO NOT WIPE data after the installation! Otherwise you will wipe out apps installed in the data partition!
- If it is a success, go back to main menu and select "reboot system now".
Installation Instructions for Mods
- Install the base ROM first using the instructions as shown above.
- Install the additional mod using "install zip from sdcard" in CWM.
- No need to do data wipe after the installation.
- If you want to revert to the base ROM, flash the uninstaller (if available).
- Tweaking build.prop
- Tweaking gps.conf
- Choices of launchers. e.g. TW4.0, TW4.5
- Choices of lockscreens. Actually I have restored the original Android lockscreen already, I need to see how to package it with other features as they are all inside the framework. Another very interesting lockscreen is the face unlock in a leaked Galaxy rom but it may be difficult to port.
- rumirand - For his big contribution in rj's kernel, make sure you visit his kernel thread for latest kernel goodies!
- Entropy512 - For his big contribution in CWM and kernel deveplopment and helpful comments in the forum. If you have a Galaxy Player 5.0 US, you may find something useful in his kernel thread.
- dsixda - For his marvelous ROM Kitchen. If you are a newbie like me, make sure you check out his ROM Kitchen thread.
- Daneshm90 - For his wonderful Auto_Deodexer script. Particularly useful if you want to understand the command behind the scene. See his thread here.
- untermensch - For his guide on advanced power menu.
- And countless people who posted on XDA.