How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

android.process.media has stopped

OP nomadman

22nd January 2012, 09:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38

485 posts
i'm having sporadic notification with this message "unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped".

This on a fresh install of alpha0, wiped data/factory reset, cache, dalvik. all patches/fix, gapps, gapps fix provided by cm dev are applied. This never happened on alpha 3.5.

is anyone having the same issue? whats the fix, if any?
The Following User Says Thank You to nomadman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2012, 12:50 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 71

146 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadman

i'm having sporadic notification with this message "unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped".

This on a fresh install of alpha0, wiped data/factory reset, cache, dalvik. all patches/fix, gapps, gapps fix provided by cm dev are applied. This never happened on alpha 3.5.

is anyone having the same issue? whats the fix, if any?

let me guess that you have lots files either your download folder and or music/video, clear out your downloads along clearing media storage
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darkassain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2012, 01:01 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 25

68 posts
I haven't been having it actually close but I have been having the Watchdog app report that process is using high cpu. I read an another site that going to Apps > All Apps > Media Storage and then clear any app cache or data.

It seems to have helped me so it's worth a shot to try that before doing anything more drastic.
23rd January 2012, 12:43 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

485 posts
Sup guys. Yea I had only 2gig of space left on the sdcard. I have about 1500 songs and gameloft data on it. I have no idea how much space data for webos took.

I uninstalled android, went to webos and formatted the sdcard. Reinstalled android. I have not copied my mp3 collection and games data back yet. But so far no more problems and a lot less ICS reboots. I'll copy over the games data files and music soon. I'll find out if it starts to go nuts again.
Last edited by nomadman; 23rd January 2012 at 12:45 PM.
25th January 2012, 07:27 PM   |  #5  
Flag New York Metro Area
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
More
I am having the same issuer on CM9 A0.5. However, in my app manager I am having problems clearing data and cache...
It's annoying, but not a dealbreaker.
26th January 2012, 05:49 PM   |  #6  
Flag NYC.
Thanks Meter: 12

131 posts
More
i keep getting this error as well. i've cleared the cache and i still get it, but a lot less frequently.

additionally, i'm only using 17gb (seems high, but w/e).
26th January 2012, 11:01 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
This might not apply to you, but I started having that same issue when I changed the dpi on the lcd from 160 to 132. When I changed it back to 160 I stopped having the media process force close on me.
27th January 2012, 03:01 AM   |  #8  
Flag NYC.
Thanks Meter: 12

131 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnysavage

This might not apply to you, but I started having that same issue when I changed the dpi on the lcd from 160 to 132. When I changed it back to 160 I stopped having the media process force close on me.

interesting. i changed it to 145 (? i'll have to look when i get home to confirm).

i will say that my gf's TP is also set the same and she doesn't have those errors. however, she probably is using a lot less storage than i am.
27th January 2012, 01:55 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

485 posts
I'm not quite sure its a storage issue. Everything was fine the past 48hrs. I didn't install anything and kept my sdcard usage under 10gig. I have a 32gig tp. And today it just started giving me the message again.

I want to test something. I'm using nova as my default home launcher. I have it packed with Widgets. I loaded the default cm9 home launcher with no Widgets. It hasent giving me that message since then. And my reboot/crash has decreased dramatically. If anyone cares to try it, maybe we might get to the bottom of this problem.

edit: damnit. spoke to soon. i change to animated wallpaper and it rebooted.

- Sent from my TouchPad
Last edited by nomadman; 27th January 2012 at 02:13 PM.
28th January 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 6

21 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm keep getting same error after clear the storage.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alpha0, android.process.media, touchpad
Previous Thread Next Thread