Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 51,876 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

android.process.media has stopped

Tip us?

nomadman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Exclamation android.process.media has stopped

i'm having sporadic notification with this message "unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped".

This on a fresh install of alpha0, wiped data/factory reset, cache, dalvik. all patches/fix, gapps, gapps fix provided by cm dev are applied. This never happened on alpha 3.5.

is anyone having the same issue? whats the fix, if any?

Phone Model: Lenovo S650
MOD Version: Lenovo S650 VibeUI / Andorid 4.4.2
Recovery Image: TWRP
Kernel:

Tablet Model: HP TouchPad 32Gb/WiFi
MOD Version: [4.2] [CM10.1] [Experimental Preview by Jcsullins]
Kernel: N/A

Edit Your Sig
The Following User Says Thank You to nomadman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darkassain
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadman View Post
i'm having sporadic notification with this message "unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped".

This on a fresh install of alpha0, wiped data/factory reset, cache, dalvik. all patches/fix, gapps, gapps fix provided by cm dev are applied. This never happened on alpha 3.5.

is anyone having the same issue? whats the fix, if any?
let me guess that you have lots files either your download folder and or music/video, clear out your downloads along clearing media storage
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darkassain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_Motoki_
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I haven't been having it actually close but I have been having the Watchdog app report that process is using high cpu. I read an another site that going to Apps > All Apps > Media Storage and then clear any app cache or data.

It seems to have helped me so it's worth a shot to try that before doing anything more drastic.

nomadman
Old
(Last edited by nomadman; 23rd January 2012 at 11:45 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Sup guys. Yea I had only 2gig of space left on the sdcard. I have about 1500 songs and gameloft data on it. I have no idea how much space data for webos took.

I uninstalled android, went to webos and formatted the sdcard. Reinstalled android. I have not copied my mp3 collection and games data back yet. But so far no more problems and a lot less ICS reboots. I'll copy over the games data files and music soon. I'll find out if it starts to go nuts again.

Kernel:

Edit Your Sig

AdamRuby
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am having the same issuer on CM9 A0.5. However, in my app manager I am having problems clearing data and cache...
It's annoying, but not a dealbreaker.

thekillingtree
Old
Thanks Meter 12
i keep getting this error as well. i've cleared the cache and i still get it, but a lot less frequently.

additionally, i'm only using 17gb (seems high, but w/e).

johnysavage
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This might not apply to you, but I started having that same issue when I changed the dpi on the lcd from 160 to 132. When I changed it back to 160 I stopped having the media process force close on me.

thekillingtree
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnysavage View Post
This might not apply to you, but I started having that same issue when I changed the dpi on the lcd from 160 to 132. When I changed it back to 160 I stopped having the media process force close on me.
interesting. i changed it to 145 (? i'll have to look when i get home to confirm).

i will say that my gf's TP is also set the same and she doesn't have those errors. however, she probably is using a lot less storage than i am.

nomadman
Old
(Last edited by nomadman; 27th January 2012 at 01:13 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
I'm not quite sure its a storage issue. Everything was fine the past 48hrs. I didn't install anything and kept my sdcard usage under 10gig. I have a 32gig tp. And today it just started giving me the message again.

I want to test something. I'm using nova as my default home launcher. I have it packed with Widgets. I loaded the default cm9 home launcher with no Widgets. It hasent giving me that message since then. And my reboot/crash has decreased dramatically. If anyone cares to try it, maybe we might get to the bottom of this problem.

edit: damnit. spoke to soon. i change to animated wallpaper and it rebooted.

- Sent from my TouchPad

Kernel:

Edit Your Sig

theinmoe
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
I'm keep getting same error after clear the storage.

Tags
alpha0, android.process.media, touchpad