Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] - 2/23 - Stock Rooted ICS 4.0.3 - 3.10.605.13 - Fixed!

Tip us?

scrosler
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 51,690

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbracht View Post
What if you were to use the Rosie from this build and put it in 4.0.1. Think it would fix the annoying touchy homescreen?

Sent from a cellular telephone
Not sure... i think the sense version is what is causing the reasl 4.0.3 to lock up. I have not had a lot of time to play with it as I did not get the OK to leak until early this AM and by then I had already planned on getting to sleep...

So I posted this in an effort to spar some innovation and see what we can make of it all.

Start swaping **** around and lets see what it does. I dont claim to know any more about ICS than the next guy. But last time I put up a stock rooted ROM it turned into something very good for us all and I am hoping this one does too.

So put your thinking caps on and lets make something useful from this build
The Following User Says Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

b5fan
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Scott, did you compare the 2 leaks. Just wondering if the .3 if really that different from the .1. maybe the leak cheated too.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

scrosler
Old
Thanks Meter 51,690

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan View Post
Scott, did you compare the 2 leaks. Just wondering if the .3 if really that different from the .1. maybe the leak cheated too.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
No the leaks are truly different. Way different.... I will upload all the diffs to the OP so everyone can see what I saw. I think I have it in my DropBox... I think...

scrosler
Old
Thanks Meter 51,690

DONATE TO ME
Ok, IN post #2 I have atttached a zip that contains the following...

Information when reading these files
Code:
Leak 1 = 4.0.1
Leak 2 = 4.0.3
CleanROM = Primary 4.0.1 (99% or so) with a couple files from 4.0.3
Newtroot ROM = Says 4.0.3
The file contains the following differnces
Leak 1 vs Leak 2
Leak 1 vs Newtroot ROM
Leak 2 vs Newtroot ROM
CleanROM vs Newtroot ROM.

As you can see, 4.0.3 is way different than anything ANYONE is using.

And once again this is not to bash anyone else's efforts it so help us get a REAL 4.0.3 build working.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mr2324jgf
Old
Thanks Meter 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
This is not a functional ROM for users! This is for developers.
So am I to understand that this is a functional ROM for users and developers should stay away?

Thanks for the release Scrosler!

Tachi91
Old
Thanks Meter 429
4.0.3 AOSP apps don't work on this ... Example I copied over the Launcher2.apk from a gnex 4.0.3 build and it didn't load the launcher, but when i used the 4.0.1 one i have laying around it loaded it up just fine
HTC One

Marine6680
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbracht View Post
What if you were to use the Rosie from this build and put it in 4.0.1. Think it would fix the annoying touchy homescreen?

Sent from a cellular telephone

The touch screen being overly sensitive isn't due to rosie. I use ADW and it is worse for the touchiness.

I believe the system is designed to register touch input separate from the apps and then the system reports to the apps what touch input it is reading.

So the issue is probably in the framework or kernel somewhere.

Could be wrong though.
Nexus 5

Past Devices:
G1 -- Nexus One -- MT4G -- Rezound -- Galaxy Nexus -- Note 2 -- iPhone5 (MEH) -- Note 2 (again) -- Galaxy S4

scrosler
Old
Thanks Meter 51,690

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine6680 View Post
The touch screen being overly sensitive isn't due to rosie. I use ADW and it is worse for the touchiness.

I believe the system is designed to register touch input separate from the apps and then the system reports to the apps what touch input it is reading.

So the issue is probably in the framework or kernel somewhere.

Could be wrong though.
IM not 100% sure how that works either but I am sure it the rosie has progrmable thresholds. The ole girl is a bit sensitive.

Skizzy034
Old
Thanks Meter 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton999GS View Post
You should go on to the sensation thread , they all have sense 3.6 100% stable. And they already got overclocking on ics, 7200 antutu scores. They apparently hexedited the kernel
I have a question. We can't overclock the kernel that is in the CleanRom ICS 2.1, SenselessRom ICS, Nils Business ICS, etc. at all? I have no frills installed and it lets me change the overclock. Is it actually doing nothing?

scrosler
Old
Thanks Meter 51,690

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizzMcNizz View Post
I have a question. We can't overclock the kernel that is in the CleanRom ICS 2.1, SenselessRom ICS, Nils Business ICS, etc. at all? I have no frills installed and it lets me change the overclock. Is it actually doing nothing?
Before posting ask yourself "Is this at all helping the development of ICS 4.0.3?"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]