Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,341 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Thinkpad Root

Tip us?

Sess
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Thinkpad Root

Thinkpad root has been achieved and released by djrbliss who we all know and love. If you were part of the bounty, please visit his page and thank him with your pledge.

The details are best left in his words, so get the exploit from here: http://vulnfactory.org/blog/2012/01/...inkpad-tablet/

Thanks JCase for being so quick with the recovery for the tablet. Get your recovery image and directions in this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1458212

I take 0 credit for any of this, Im just adding a quick reference for people who are still asking who what where when.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Thinkpad_Root_Windows.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.59 MB, 1408 views)
-Sess-
"...You might as well paint yourself yellow, run around like a maniac and call yourself banana man, banana man, cause thats what you're doing..."
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sess For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pgriffith
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just confirming, works like a charm.

yirsung
Old
Thanks Meter 18
The wait is finally over!!!

maek_it_happen
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 144
Does someone wanna sell there think pad ?

Sent from my PG8630000 using XDA App

siggehandf
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Hell no! Its the King of tablets it you actually use it for more then Angrybirds and videos.

Can take a beating = Check
Awesome stylus for notes = Check
Great screen and good performance = Check

Its one of the great mysteries why this tablet isn't the most sold and used tablets on Xda.

and now with root access!: )
Sony Xperia Z Ultra - Paranoid edition!

soulctcher
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by siggehandf View Post
Hell no! Its the King of tablets it you actually use it for more then Angrybirds and videos.

Can take a beating = Check
Awesome stylus for notes = Check
Great screen and good performance = Check

Its one of the great mysteries why this tablet isn't the most sold and used tablets on Xda.

and now with root access!: )
I have a Prime and my wife has the ThinkPad. I would say that between the two, the ThinkPad can take the beating for sure and I'm definitely jealous of the stylus, however I would love to keep what I have and just add the stylus ability. Either way, I would definitely agree that the ThinkPad is still a kick-ass tablet.

Congrats on the root all.

crashzilla
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Root not working

Root not working on my Thinkpad Tablet
I get the follwoing when I run the batch file.
[*] Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet root script (Windows version)[*] Exploit copyright (C) 2012 Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)[*][*] Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that you[*] have the latest Lenovo drivers installed, and that your phone is[*] connected via USB.[*][*] Press any key to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .[*][*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *[*] Device found.[*] Let's get ready to rumble...[*] This may take awhile...[*] Ignore any prompts or pop-ups on your tablet.
375 KB/s (5993 bytes in 0.015s)[*] Thinkpad Tablet Root Exploit[*] Copyright (c) 2012 Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)
[1] Segmentation fault /data/local/tmp/...[*] If the words "exploit failed" appear above, exit now and try again.[*] Note: a segmentation fault is supposed to happen and should be ignored.[*] Otherwise, press any key to reboot and continue rooting.
Press any key to continue . . .[*] Rebooting...[*] Wait until the device reboots, then press any key.
Press any key to continue . . .[*] Installing root tools...
remount succeeded
rm failed for /system/xbin/su, No such file or directory
rm failed for /system/bin/su, No such file or directory
Failure
rm failed for /system/app/Superuser.apk, No such file or directory
699 KB/s (22364 bytes in 0.031s)
1257 KB/s (843503 bytes in 0.655s)
1270 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 1.435s)[*] Cleaning up...[*] Rebooting...[*] Root complete, enjoy![*] Press any key to exit.

mandrsn1
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashzilla View Post
Root not working on my Thinkpad Tablet
I get the follwoing when I run the batch file.
[*] Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet root script (Windows version)[*] Exploit copyright (C) 2012 Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)[*][*] Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that you[*] have the latest Lenovo drivers installed, and that your phone is[*] connected via USB.[*][*] Press any key to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .[*][*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *[*] Device found.[*] Let's get ready to rumble...[*] This may take awhile...[*] Ignore any prompts or pop-ups on your tablet.
375 KB/s (5993 bytes in 0.015s)[*] Thinkpad Tablet Root Exploit[*] Copyright (c) 2012 Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)
[1] Segmentation fault /data/local/tmp/...[*] If the words "exploit failed" appear above, exit now and try again.[*] Note: a segmentation fault is supposed to happen and should be ignored.[*] Otherwise, press any key to reboot and continue rooting.
Press any key to continue . . .[*] Rebooting...[*] Wait until the device reboots, then press any key.
Press any key to continue . . .[*] Installing root tools...
remount succeeded
rm failed for /system/xbin/su, No such file or directory
rm failed for /system/bin/su, No such file or directory
Failure
rm failed for /system/app/Superuser.apk, No such file or directory
699 KB/s (22364 bytes in 0.031s)
1257 KB/s (843503 bytes in 0.655s)
1270 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 1.435s)[*] Cleaning up...[*] Rebooting...[*] Root complete, enjoy![*] Press any key to exit.
That is the same output I had, but it worked.

crashzilla
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You are correct it worked on mine. I had to re-install Super User from the Market and re-install the Terminal program.

noefects
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Finally! no more bloatware!!! runs so much better, I was having a heck of a time getting this to work, I did a factory reset from the stock bootloader and the script ran with no issues. ill be donating to drjbliss when i get paid for sure!!
Motorola Photon - CM9 - Beta
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 64gb 1839 - Stock, Rooted!, CWM
Barnes and Noble Nook Color - Phiremod 6.1

The Following User Says Thank You to noefects For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]