Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,008 Members 51,713 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos European 3G (GSM) Nightlies (umts_everest/MZ601)

Tip us?

[David]
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunbrookes View Post
Thanks mate, will try it this evening.
you're welcome...let us know

Sent from my Xoom on EOS ICS Everest
Galaxy Note N7000 : CM10 Anti`s Builds
Motorola Xoom MZ601 : Team EOS builds and kernels
Galaxy Tab Plus P6200 : Finally stock with the Samsung JB release

inspell
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default cifs?

Hello guys. Great ROM. I had the problem with the 3G connectivity in the beginning - in my case the APN settings were not automatically discovered and I had to add the APN manually. Actually two APNs were automatically discovered but they didn't work for me - they were for WAP and MMS - I added the 3G internet one and now everything seems fine. What I am looking for now is the cifs.ko module. Is it possible to be compiled and included in the ROM - I need to access my nfs/cifs shares. I didn't try to access them yet (I am at the office right now) but I am pretty sure I want be able to mount them because I was not able to find the cifs.ko module in /system/lib/modules. And I had the same problem on my phone. Can someone shed some light on this?

kboeckx
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspell View Post
Hello guys. Great ROM. I had the problem with the 3G connectivity in the beginning - in my case the APN settings were not automatically discovered and I had to add the APN manually. Actually two APNs were automatically discovered but they didn't work for me - they were for WAP and MMS - I added the 3G internet one and now everything seems fine. What I am looking for now is the cifs.ko module. Is it possible to be compiled and included in the ROM - I need to access my nfs/cifs shares. I didn't try to access them yet (I am at the office right now) but I am pretty sure I want be able to mount them because I was not able to find the cifs.ko module in /system/lib/modules. And I had the same problem on my phone. Can someone shed some light on this?
what build are you on ? Cifs is included (in kernel) in the latest builds !
Phone: HTC One
ROM: Android Revolution HD 11.0 | 4.2.2 | High Quality & Performance | 2.19.401.1
Kernel: Stock (for now... waiting for faux123 to update
Recovery: CWM Touch 6.0.3.2
Radio: 2.17 base - 4A.16.3250.24_10.38.1150.03L

Tablet: Nexus 7
ROM: [4.2.2 JDQ39 AOSP] Eos 4.0 -- Grouper
Recovery: official cwm 6.0.3.0

inspell
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kboeckx View Post
what build are you on ? Cifs is included (in kernel) in the latest builds !
HI,

I am using Eos 1.0.0 on an EU 3G Xoom. I will try to mount my shares after I get back home after a couple of hours.

I found another thing though - it is not a big deal but I want to check if anyone else is experiencing this. It is regarding the lock screen. I need to have a PIN code to unlock my Xoom but I want to enter it only after 30 minutes of inactivity. I have this feature set up on my Sensation (Elegancia ROM - Android 4.0.3 based) and It is working perfectly. However when I set this up on the Xoom it doesn't work. In settings - personal - security I have Screen lock = secured with PIN, Automatically lock = 5 minutes after sleep but right after I hit the power off button (on the backside of the xoom) or the Lock Screen widget the screen goes off and after I turn it back on again I see that it is locked even though I unlocked it 30 seconds ago. Anyone else experiencing this?

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

I tried to mount my nfs shares without success. I tried both with CifsManager and through the command line. The strange thing is that when I execute
mount hostname:/media/data /mnt/cifs/data
for example where hostname is my server IP address I receive the quick help of the mount command:
mount [-t type] [..] device path

I tried
mount -t nfs hostname:/media/data /mnt/cifs/data
too without success. I still get the same message as above.

CifManager says that there are no permissions...

The nfs shares work on my laptop.

RussST24
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi
This is normal for android. Really annoying I know but I think HTC custom the lock timeout.
You can use delayed lock from the market. Not tried it on this rom. Also if you have an exchange policy for a pin it won't fix it.

Russ

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk
====================
Galaxy Nexus
Plus lots of others!

shaunbrookes
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by [David] View Post
Guess it's tcp issue due to that provider so. The real test should be put in another SIM of the same provider of your SIM which doesn't work. So you can be sure about the problem

Sent from my Galaxy Note with DarkyROM 3.3
Went to the store last night and tried another sim card from the same provider and I get the exact same error. They didn't have a clue why it was happening. Anyone have any ideas of something else I could try?

bautrupp
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspell View Post
I tried to mount my nfs shares without success. I tried both with CifsManager and through the command line. The strange thing is that when I execute
mount hostname:/media/data /mnt/cifs/data
for example where hostname is my server IP address I receive the quick help of the mount command:
mount [-t type] [..] device path

I tried
mount -t nfs hostname:/media/data /mnt/cifs/data
too without success. I still get the same message as above.

CifManager says that there are no permissions...

The nfs shares work on my laptop.
I'm using this mount command successfully (in a script):
busybox mount -t nfs [ip]:/path/to/share /mnt/sdcard/mountpoint -o rw,intr,udp,nolock
Nexus 7
Nexus 5

inspell
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default it works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bautrupp View Post
I'm using this mount command successfully (in a script):
busybox mount -t nfs [ip]:/path/to/share /mnt/sdcard/mountpoint -o rw,intr,udp,nolock
oh, thank you - that did the trick. I guess that CifsManager is a little bit buggy because I didn't succeed to mount my shares with it. But when I used busybox's mount it worked. Great

dtevegas
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Agree terrible battery on 41/42....what was the best nightly before that?

Sent from my MZ601 using XDA App

kobak.org
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtevegas View Post
Agree terrible battery on 41/42....what was the best nightly before that?
r35 is ok for me.

By the way, when do we expect the new play Google Apps?
P: Nexus 4 - stock
T: Nexus 7 (2013) - stock
---
T: @kobak | W: kobak.org