Post Reply

Vivo is testing a software update for RAZR

23rd January 2012, 11:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag São José dos Campos
Thanks Meter: 94
 
277 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Hi fellows,

I contacted the Motorola support and they said that Vivo's Motorola RAZR is about to get an update to improve the cellphone performance. When it is ready, it will become available by OTA system.

Thanks,
Ronan.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ronis_BR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2012, 11:40 AM   |  #2  
Member
Flag Santa Rita do Sapucai
Thanks Meter: 12
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Hello,

I got my phone on Vivo, and it came with version 651.73.240.XT910.Vivo.en.BR.

This version is very buggy and some bad localization, like for example the function to merge contacts was translated to "Conferência", wich means "Conference", and clearly does not have anything to do with "Merge".

I then used Motorola Software Update to download an update, and since it was failing to update the phone, I used RSD Lite to manually update it.

Now I am using 651.73.2062.XT910.Vino.en.BR, and the phone performance is much better, the localization is fixed but I still see some bugs with the camera app and 3G modem dropping data, but its still better than stock.

You say that this OTA will be appied on top of 2062, or maybe its the 2062 itself but an OTA version?

Or its a complete new OTA that can be applied on top of 2062 and 240?
The Following User Says Thank You to casaroli For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2012, 08:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag São José dos Campos
Thanks Meter: 94
 
277 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casaroli

Hello,

I got my phone on Vivo, and it came with version 651.73.240.XT910.Vivo.en.BR.

This version is very buggy and some bad localization, like for example the function to merge contacts was translated to "Conferência", wich means "Conference", and clearly does not have anything to do with "Merge".

I then used Motorola Software Update to download an update, and since it was failing to update the phone, I used RSD Lite to manually update it.

Now I am using 651.73.2062.XT910.Vino.en.BR, and the phone performance is much better, the localization is fixed but I still see some bugs with the camera app and 3G modem dropping data, but its still better than stock.

You say that this OTA will be appied on top of 2062, or maybe its the 2062 itself but an OTA version?

Or its a complete new OTA that can be applied on top of 2062 and 240?

Hi fellow!

I'm pretty sure it will be 2062.

I haven't noticed that the version here on XDA is 2062. I thought it was 206 and, since mine is 240, then I hasn't updated

Can you help me to update my RAZR to 2062? I has a very big experience with Samsung devices, but to achieve it, I hard bricked my Galaxy TAB Since I really don't want to be without a cellphone and Samsung devices doesn't use fastboot, can you give some tips how can I flash this update by fastboot?

By the way, I have something that might be useful for Brazilian RAZR owners:

From Motorola support chat:

Marivaldo: A informação que temos é que será o primeiro aparelho Motorola a receber a versão 4.0 do android, até segundo semestre de 2012.
(The information available to us is that Motorola RAZR will be the first phone to receive android 4.0, which will happen until second semester 2012)

Ronan Jardim : nossa, muito bom!
Ronan Jardim : obrigado!
Ronan Jardim : então a Motorola do Brasil atualizará sim?
(Very good, thanks, so Motorola will update this device in Brazil also, won't it?)

Marivaldo: Sim, sem sobra de dúvidas.
Marivaldo: É uma atualização aguardada por todos.
(For sure, it is an update expected by everyone)
...

So, how much do you believe that?!

Ronan
24th January 2012, 01:20 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 4
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Until second semester?

Oh, lord. If Moto keeps following their schedule the way they're doing now, it probably means we won't see this ICS update any time before october.
24th January 2012, 02:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag São José dos Campos
Thanks Meter: 94
 
277 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunoerre

Until second semester?

Oh, lord. If Moto keeps following their schedule the way they're doing now, it probably means we won't see this ICS update any time before october.

Well, considering my past experience with Motorola Brazil, I'll be glad if Moto update RAZR no matter when

And also, I have lost faith in Motorola's schedules a long time ago
24th January 2012, 03:16 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag São José dos Campos
Thanks Meter: 94
 
277 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Nevermind

I managed to do that... very simple and straightforward...

I'm now with 2062 version that was build on Dec 6 (or 16 can't remember), the other was built on 20 Oct.

I'll post the differences I saw tomorrow.

Thanks,
Ronan
24th January 2012, 03:35 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronis_BR

Nevermind

I managed to do that... very simple and straightforward...

I'm now with 2062 version that was build on Dec 6 (or 16 can't remember), the other was built on 20 Oct.

I'll post the differences I saw tomorrow.

Thanks,
Ronan

Would you mind to show how you managed to update? Appreciate that! Thanks!
24th January 2012, 12:48 PM   |  #8  
Member
Flag Santa Rita do Sapucai
Thanks Meter: 12
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by njoismartguys

Would you mind to show how you managed to update? Appreciate that! Thanks!

Start here: ht tp: // direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/support/update/[/url]

select your country, then your carrier, or "retail" for retail version.

Download that software and *DO NOT INSTALL TO "c:\program files (x86)\motorola mobility\software update" because the file paths will get too long and you will have problems.

To avoid these long filepaths problems, install it to somewhere else shorter, like for example "c:\moto"

Run the software updater while connected to the Internet, connect your phone to the computer and follow the steps on the update.

The do not forget to root again :P

Good luck!
24th January 2012, 12:56 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag São José dos Campos
Thanks Meter: 94
 
277 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casaroli

Start here: ht tp: // direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/support/update/[/url]

select your country, then your carrier, or "retail" for retail version.

Download that software and *DO NOT INSTALL TO "c:\program files (x86)\motorola mobility\software update" because the file paths will get too long and you will have problems.

To avoid these long filepaths problems, install it to somewhere else shorter, like for example "c:\moto"

Run the software updater while connected to the Internet, connect your phone to the computer and follow the steps on the update.

The do not forget to root again :P

Good luck!

I wasn't able to perform the update with software update by motorola...
The only way possible was to use RSD Lite and fastboot files here.

Thanks!
Ronan
24th January 2012, 12:58 PM   |  #10  
Member
Flag Santa Rita do Sapucai
Thanks Meter: 12
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronis_BR

I haven't noticed that the version here on XDA is 2062. I thought it was 206 and, since mine is 240, then I hasn't updated

I was confused also when I first saw. Perhaps someone need to notify the EternityProject thread about the version number so it does not cause more confusion.

I still can't post to that thead , so maybe someone else could do it.

BTW, After the update, running Motorola Software Update does not update anymore, since we are already at the latest version.

I guess using Motorola Software Update is the safest way to upgrade and for sure it should not void your warranty.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to casaroli For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
razr, update, vivo
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes