Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to stop the update to fc09 message!!! Modified 5/14/2012

Tip us?

flastnoles11
Old
(Last edited by flastnoles11; 14th May 2012 at 02:35 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4574
Default How to stop the update to fc09 message!!! Modified 5/14/2012

Edit- use the same method but replace all EL30 with FC09

First off so everybody knows, feezing system updates did not work... neither did just installing the el30 modem... but this did... Ok this is very easy! Let it try to install... obviously it will fail because you are rooted... now you should see an exclamation point... just pull the battery and reboot! No more nagging message from your phone to update! This will work regardless of if you are on the el30 modem or not.... I have done it with the ei22 modem, el30 modem, and the ec05 modem and haven't had the update prompt after doin this...
Edit- after the battery pull and reboot don't panic if it throws you into cwm upon reboot, just reboot from there and you're good to go! LIKE ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP!
Edit- for everybody getting the update a few days after doin this try this (fix by toadlife)
The update notification will probably stop if you modify the build.prop file to trick the phone into thinking it already has EL30.

Try this:

Open up a root shell and type the following (via adb, or a shell app)

su
remount rw
sed -i 's/SPH-D700-user 2.3.5 GINGERBREAD EI22 release-keys/SPH-D700-user 2.3.6 GINGERBREAD EL30 release-keys/g' /system/build.prop
sed -i 's/sprint\/SPH-D700\/SPH-D700:2.3.5\/GINGERBREAD\/EI22:user\/release-keys/sprint\/SPH-D700\/SPH-D700:2.3.6\/GINGERBREAD\/EL30:user\/release-keys/g' /system/build.prop
remount ro

I would recommend adb so you can copy and paste. Typing that might take awhile. 

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

New to the SprintGS3??? Click the link below to get started!!!

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to flastnoles11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iil
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Interesting. I wonder if deleting the update.zip file would accomplish the same although I suppose it could just download again.

incisivekeith
Old
Thanks Meter 72
I am on ERA ROM and I don't get any message to update.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 (international)
ROM: Criskelo 4.0.4 ICS ROM XXLRK v11.2
Modem: XXLRK
Kernel: speedmod k 3-13

The Root
Old
Thanks Meter 1866
Thanks, I don't freeze things and that was going to be annoying.
Before blaming the dev consider that it might have been you. They probably know more and make fewer mistakes.

SGS4
Insane Kit Kat

socos25
Old
Thanks Meter 395
I have not received any update notification. I will consider myself lucky.

The Root
Old
Thanks Meter 1866
Quote:
Originally Posted by socos25 View Post
I have not received any update notification. I will consider myself lucky.

I woke up to it.
Before blaming the dev consider that it might have been you. They probably know more and make fewer mistakes.

SGS4
Insane Kit Kat

austin420
Old
Thanks Meter 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Root View Post
I woke up to it.
me too. i dismissed it though, and it hasnt popped back up yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilw
Stupid and angry is no way to go through life, son.

JRRinNC
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I woke this morning to the update as well. I dismissed it but it kept coming back up for me about every half hour. I have CleanGB MTD, so wasn't sure what it would do if I allowed the update. Saw this post, though, and let it go / pulled battery as directed. Haven't had it pop up since. Phew! THANKS!

MДЯCЦSДИT
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4621

DONATE TO ME
This would be annoying if it failed from a bad download and then you couldn't update when you are actually stock...

The Following User Says Thank You to MДЯCЦSДИT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

latinoboi30
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by flastnoles11 View Post
First off so everybody knows, feezing system updates did not work... neither did just installing the el30 modem... but this did... Ok this is very easy! Let it try to install... obviously it will fail because you are rooted... now you should see an exclamation point... just pull the battery and reboot! No more nagging message from your phone to update! This will work regardless of if you are on the el30 modem or not.... I have done it with the ei22 modem, el30 modem, and the ec05 modem and haven't had the update prompt after doin this...

Thanks for this info...... I was getting frustrated with the update message. I did as u stated and it no longer shows the message. Thanks again!