Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,529 Members 40,545 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][GT-P7500] CM9 KANG (ICS Preview) (03/25/2012)

Tip us?

JamTheMan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTheMan View Post
Just retried with the same recovery (re-downloaded), and the same thing happened. So then I tried with the one Maba links to, for upgrading to CWM5 (which i flashed like a month ago, and it worked) - but it does the same thing.

Did I just get myself a too expensive mirror?

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

I just realized that I can get it into CWM though. Maybe I should just try and flash the SNAPSHOT then, and see what happens. But have to go for an hour or two now - so will report back with whatever happens when I get home..
This is weird. As I left earlier I left it in the charger, and booted in CWM, ready to install the above. And now, I have come home, and I find it booted into ICS with no problems...
Hmm.. Maybe I should just leave it there, or just try to install the latest SNAPSHOT without messing with the recovery?

JamTheMan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTheMan View Post
This is weird. As I left earlier I left it in the charger, and booted in CWM, ready to install the above. And now, I have come home, and I find it booted into ICS with no problems...
Hmm.. Maybe I should just leave it there, or just try to install the latest SNAPSHOT without messing with the recovery?
Well.. Install of 0419 has so far run without problems, so I do not know what happened, what went wrong and what went well... But I'll report back if anything seems off due to the error!

Keep up the good work everyone!!

Mr Wh!te
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Just installed, used Overcome before, runs smooth, thumbs up! But there's one thing, downloaded latest gapps from your link and gmail isn't included.

Downloaded a gmail.apk and installed it, but unfortunately it isn't the tablet-version. Can't download gmail via Market neither, because it says it's not available in my region.

Could somebody please upload gmail.apk, tablet version just looks way better than a stretched stock mobile one!

hornedfiend
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wh!te View Post
Just installed, used Overcome before, runs smooth, thumbs up! But there's one thing, downloaded latest gapps from your link and gmail isn't included.

Downloaded a gmail.apk and installed it, but unfortunately it isn't the tablet-version. Can't download gmail via Market neither, because it says it's not available in my region.

Could somebody please upload gmail.apk, tablet version just looks way better than a stretched stock mobile one!
Hi, try flashing this http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip . It works just fine for me.

dukhan
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wh!te View Post

Did you even google it ?

I am really wondering why some still can not google what they are looking for.

LMGTFY:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22gmail.apk%22+CM9+KANG+download

Anyway, here you are:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1331889205

Please let me know if that works...

sleeplessnights
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Where are people getting the new ROMs from? I'm still on 3/5/12

jpl69
Old
Thanks Meter 74
http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/
QTEK S100, QTEK 9100 (Wizard), HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Touch HD,HTC HD2 (lost bu), TMN Silverbelt / ZTE Raise WQVGA CRAP, Sony Ericson x10i, HTC HD2 (Again)
iPhone 4S

Samsung Galaxy Core Plus (SM-G350) rooted, iPhone 5S jailbroken
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7500) DIY, Samsung Galaxy Tab Note 10.1 2014 (SM-P605) DIY

sleeplessnights
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can I directly flash it over the ROM from this thread?

kaiserlein
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplessnights View Post
Can I directly flash it over the ROM from this thread?
You can try but it could lead to strange errors.
Full wipe for shure is safer
Device 1: European HTC HD2 | Nexus HD2 JB NativeSD | CLK latest by Kokotas | Radio 2.15.50.14
Device 2: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1N 3g | ROM CM 10 nightly

Mr Wh!te
Old
(Last edited by Mr Wh!te; 23rd April 2012 at 07:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukhan View Post
Did you even google it ?

I am really wondering why some still can not google what they are looking for.

LMGTFY:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22gmail.apk%22+CM9+KANG+download

Anyway, here you are:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1331889205

Please let me know if that works...
Yeah, of course I did, but I left out "Kang" and only googled for latest version of gmail.apk, didn't get the best results.

Thx!

: Installed it, but looks just like the phone version, before I had this look, do you have it?

Tags
cm9, ics, kang, p7500