Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,020 Members 54,022 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

11501 firmware update for unlocked devices

Tip us?

tewmgd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default 11501 firmware update for unlocked devices

Hello,

I have an unlocked Lumia 800 bought in the UK (using here in Canada). I was wondering if the update is showing up for others owners like me ? I didn't get any notification yet.

Info :

FW: 1600.2479.7740.11451
HW : 112.1402.2.4
Carrier : CV UK SW variant ID222 v02 (don't know what it means)

Matthieu

Briefcase
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewmgd View Post
Hello,

I have an unlocked Lumia 800 bought in the UK (using here in Canada). I was wondering if the update is showing up for others owners like me ? I didn't get any notification yet.

Info :

FW: 1600.2479.7740.11451
HW : 112.1402.2.4
Carrier : CV UK SW variant ID222 v02 (don't know what it means)

Matthieu
Update rollout via Zune is staged meaning not every phone gets the update on the same time. The rollout period is two weeks and started on Jan 19th. You will receive it in the end. There is a 'hack' to get it sooner, put it requires some patients as timing is critical, search for 'disconnect trick'. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Briefcase For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tewmgd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks. Yes I remember this old trick of disconnecting at the right time, I'm going to wait on this one

Rusty!
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,751
You have the same phone as me (UK unlocked & unbranded). The line you don't understand basically means it's a UK variant.

For the mid December update, I waited to get it, took over a week. This time I did the disconnect method and got it on release day.
Google Nexus 5 on Three UK

17-apg
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty! View Post
You have the same phone as me (UK unlocked & unbranded). The line you don't understand basically means it's a UK variant.

For the mid December update, I waited to get it, took over a week. This time I did the disconnect method and got it on release day.
Hi Rusty, I havn't got the update yeat and I have a UK unlocked Lumia 800. BUT I am wondering on another note. I joined GG last wek and it seems good. I inputted the APN info so I can get on the net but I cant send MMS. I am going to write up a new thread for this now. Can you use MMS and if so how so?
Thanks.
Nokia Lumia 800 (cyan) SIM free
SAMSUNG OMNIA 7 unbranded & unlocked with 16GB
BackUp phone: The fantastic little BenQ E72

Rusty!
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,751
I've not tried, but I'm assuming I cant, as most people on pretty much every carrier cant

Sadly Giffgaff is not included in the Network Setup app either, so we're boned.
Google Nexus 5 on Three UK

17-apg
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks for getting back. Will have to wait and see than. Just don't know why MSFT can't give us this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1463921
Nokia Lumia 800 (cyan) SIM free
SAMSUNG OMNIA 7 unbranded & unlocked with 16GB
BackUp phone: The fantastic little BenQ E72
iphonepimp Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exactly in the same situation as OP. I tricked it in zune but i only recieved the OS update and i havent been able to get the firmware update.

Black lumia 800 rm-801

tjramage
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Very strange. I have a stock Lumia straight from Nokia (no branding, unlocked) and I got both the OS and firmware update in one go the day after release. I had to do the disconnect trick though...

anseio
Old
Thanks Meter 141
I've tried 3 times. I got the OS update automatically on day one. I restored to 7740 and tried again. Still OS only. Tried a few days later and got the same thing.

Waiting up to 8 more days for firmware.