No registration required

Is my Titan a test device?

OP earthbellybutton

24th January 2012, 06:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

66 posts
More
Hello everybody! I just bought a second hand HTC Titan yesterday evening . As i said, it's a second hand device, with no box, only the accesories. Realy amazing phone. After checking the phone a little, toghether with the seller,he taked out his sim card and perform a hard reset, then i payed the money and went home. Here i spend more time checking the phone and i found a few weird things...:
1) The phone got like a printed serial number (i did not noticed that before to any of my previous devices) up in the left corner.
2) I have tryed to listen some music last night, but the music did not play thru the headphones but only to the speaker. I update the software to 8107 and everything was ok.
3) Although the phone is not Chevron unlocked, I noticed some aplications on my phone, wich I think they are too powerfull to be on every phone (some of them seems to be able to "touch" the drivers). Some of them only have a generic icon, a white "sun" inside of the black/green tile. I do not know exactly what are they for, i try to google it but no results. I guess that they are cooked in the rom, since they are still there after hard reset and i can't uninstall all of them. These aplications are the following:
- GCFSettings
- QC BSP Service
- TestSuite
- zBig Boss Settings
- zCompass
- zGesture Bester
- zSensorView
- zStart KITL.
I'll attach some pictures, maybe someone will bring some light to me: is this a test device? And if it is, does it mean that the device is inferior, by any meaning, to any other one?
Thank you very much, i'm looking forward for an answer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0444.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	870787   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0451.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	870788   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0452.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	870789   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0453.jpg
Views:	159
ID:	870790   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0454.jpg
Views:	170
ID:	870792   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0455.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	870793   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0456.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	870794   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0458.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	870795   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0459.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	870797   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0463.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	870798   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0460.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	870799   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0462.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	870800   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0461.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	870801   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0464.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	870802   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0465.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	870803  
Last edited by earthbellybutton; 25th January 2012 at 02:22 PM.
24th January 2012, 09:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 51

368 posts
More
If you look in settings and about you should see if it's a developer phone as it's normally under the phone info/more, Have heard of dev phones being sold and the users didn't have full use and lost their information after a set time etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyFZ1S For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2012, 10:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

66 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFZ1S

If you look in settings and about you should see if it's a developer phone as it's normally under the phone info/more, Have heard of dev phones being sold and the users didn't have full use and lost their information after a set time etc.

There's nothing suggesting that is a developer phone in "About"... Anyway, i hope i'm not gonna lose any personal data/information. Thanks!
25th January 2012, 01:01 AM   |  #4  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 12

107 posts
More
You need to exstact them and have them placed into a cab so we all can enjoy them.
25th January 2012, 05:48 AM   |  #5  
Flag Pull-The-Man, WA
Thanks Meter: 83

823 posts
More
You have one of the build sample of HTC. Because the serial is still on the case.
And you have HTC Test Tool on, means that this phone is from OEM as testing device, yes. only OEM and Test Build Mango Device has Integrop Unlock to install those thing.

Probably whoever you bought this phone off, is a developer, and this is the testing build of the Titan.

By the way, i forgot to mention, you are one of the luckiest person in this forum to have a OEM - Unlocked Mango Device.
So that mean you can access registry, install Advanced Config and do all other hacking stuffs that we are dreaming about, because final build is Integrop-Locked.
So, my first suggestion right now, is creating a back up for this phone right away, so if you ever have to hard reset the phone, you still have a back up to restore, so you won't loose the OEM-Unlock.
The Following User Says Thank You to Strike_Eagle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2012, 02:19 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

66 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaacres

You need to exstact them and have them placed into a cab so we all can enjoy them.

I'm afraid i don't know how to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike_Eagle

By the way, i forgot to mention, you are one of the luckiest person in this forum to have a OEM - Unlocked Mango Device.
.................................................. .................................................. ...........
So, my first suggestion right now, is creating a back up for this phone right away, so if you ever have to hard reset the phone, you still have a back up to restore, so you won't loose the OEM-Unlock.

I think i could have been one of the luckiest person in this forum, but the phone has been hard reseted allready when i bought it. After that, at home, first thing i've done was trying to instal some apps/xaps using Tom xap's installer v 1.2 but no luck... Then i updated the rom to 8107. However, these powerfull programs are still here, even after a hard reset and updating.
After all, i think i'm a little lucky for still having them. Thank's for your help & advice.
17th February 2012, 04:49 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 10

56 posts
More
My test device was the same way. I was able to get a new flashable image from my friend who gave me the phone that removed all of the Alps and brought it up to 7.10.7720.68 - it doesn't want to update past that though.

Is your volume too loud on level 1 as well?
17th February 2012, 07:34 AM   |  #8  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 19

129 posts
More
Can you take a pic of the About screen with the More Information section open please?

ROM Chefs or even DFT might be interested in such Titan.
17th February 2012, 12:54 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

66 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J101

My test device was the same way. I was able to get a new flashable image from my friend who gave me the phone that removed all of the Alps and brought it up to 7.10.7720.68 - it doesn't want to update past that though.

Is your volume too loud on level 1 as well?

I succesfully update to 8107 but sometimes i also think the sound is a bit too loud on level 1.
Why did you want to flash a new image and remove this apps?
17th February 2012, 01:14 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

66 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_123

Can you take a pic of the About screen with the More Information section open please?

ROM Chefs or even DFT might be interested in such Titan.

Of course, no problem. I've also discovered that my Titan is having something similar to magldr (wich i have on my HD2). It can be accessed in a easy way, power on + vol down. And just like my HD2 with magldr installed, the Titan doesn't charge when is power off! For now I will post a picture from About screen and a little later i'll post some pictures from the "Magldr" menu on Titan and the bootloader(?) screen if anyone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1522.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	905955  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread