Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,808 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][07/06/12] i927(r)_2.06.07_OsiMood - Light gets Lighter

Tip us?

purple.epod
Old
(Last edited by purple.epod; 25th January 2012 at 01:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Unfortunately, your site doesn't seem to be allowing downloads. I can get to the landing page, but when I click the link, it just eventually times out

Edit: Nevermind, it worked on about the 8th try. Maybe the server is just hammered tonight.

CarpeNoctem
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 672
Yes, I just talked to my provider, they have some issues with their servers... try several times, eventually it works
I am a Cook, not a Chef! I don't pretend to be a dev but still I am learning everyday and enjoy sharing my work

APN Generator
-- OsiMood APN Generator

Benchmarks Comparator
-- OsiMood Benchmarks Comparator

The Following User Says Thank You to CarpeNoctem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

purple.epod
Old
(Last edited by purple.epod; 25th January 2012 at 02:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Okay, so I flashed the ROM with CWM, and Superuser from ChainsDD's site. I had also previously flashed ardatdat's OverClocked kernel (from HERE) via ODIN as well. I'm pleased to report that your ROM is running perfectly at 1.2ghz and that so far everything seems to be working excellently!

Edit: Also, I don't know what the difference between the stock ROM and yours is, but my Bank's app didn't work with the stock ROM (It would always claim I had no network connection), but is working fine now... so, uh, yeah!

CarpeNoctem
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 672
I'll try to include the kernel in the next release
I am a Cook, not a Chef! I don't pretend to be a dev but still I am learning everyday and enjoy sharing my work

APN Generator
-- OsiMood APN Generator

Benchmarks Comparator

CarpeNoctem
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 672
APKs optimized, Power Menu ready, some kernel issues, but hopefully new version released tomorrow

APN Generator
-- OsiMood APN Generator

Benchmarks Comparator

The Following User Says Thank You to CarpeNoctem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

purple.epod
Old
Thanks Meter 21
You're going to be using a non-carrier IQ kernel, right? I'm in Canada, so have never had it, and I don't want to start now

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

CarpeNoctem
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.epod View Post
You're going to be using a non-carrier IQ kernel, right? I'm in Canada, so have never had it, and I don't want to start now

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk
yes that one stated in the second post, CarrierIQ free and 1.2ghz

APN Generator
-- OsiMood APN Generator

Benchmarks Comparator

purple.epod
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I don't know if this is ROM related or not, but 1) no 3g monitoring apps are correctly reporting my 3g usage anymore (I tried 3g watchdog and two others) and 2) The Rogers My Account app just crashes when I start it. Everything else seems fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using Tapatalk

CarpeNoctem
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.epod View Post
I don't know if this is ROM related or not, but 1) no 3g monitoring apps are correctly reporting my 3g usage anymore (I tried 3g watchdog and two others) and 2) The Rogers My Account app just crashes when I start it. Everything else seems fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using Tapatalk
Did you try lbe privacy to monitor 3G usage ?
and I remove all Rogers apps, maybe it is why. Do a backup, then full wipe and try again.

APN Generator
-- OsiMood APN Generator

Benchmarks Comparator

purple.epod
Old
(Last edited by purple.epod; 26th January 2012 at 02:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeNoctem View Post
Did you try lbe privacy to monitor 3G usage ?
and I remove all Rogers apps, maybe it is why. Do a backup, then full wipe and try again.
Yeah its a rom issue... I wiped all caches and did factory reset from in CWM, then reinstalled the ROM. now my phone thinks its UMTS and has no wireless data at all except wifi...

Crap. Im not sure how to even fix this.

All I can think to do is re-flash the Rooted Rogers rom from the "rooting captivate glide" thread with ODIN when I get home.