Gimme deodexed Talk2.apk plz (with libs & deps of course)
Originally Posted by VinayS
Try placing the talk2.apk in the /system/app folder through ES File Explorer (or any other root explorer) and try to open it.. it will install..
1. Talk2.apk from any available rom in this forum is odex-ed, so it won't work.
2. I made the deodexed one and signed it with some test default key.
3. I installed it like another app - it doesn't work.
4. I installed it on /system/app, /system/lib - it doesn't work either.
5. I did research why it doesn't work - it appears that talk requires permission which is protected by "signature" protection level, which means my APK should be signed with the same key to gain access to the permission.
That's why I'm asking.
Either somebody give me please Talk2.apk which works in this ROM or sign please my package.
Originally Posted by CarpeNoctem
You have to create a patch for that, I will not make addition to the rom unless it is a shared feature.
Well, I think Talk is no
less shared feature as Gmail or Vending. Including it in the ROM is the simplest way of distribution. Carpe, may be you change desicion?