21st February 2012, 12:48 PM   |  #251  
Flag Winnipeg, MB Canada
Thanks Meter: 127

918 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by romanr

APN settings app is broken.
1. It's possible to add APN but not to modify or delete. Long-press on the apn does not do anything.
2. Restore to default hangs, then entire app becomes blocked by rotating progress thing. Unable to terminate.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

actually not a big problem - data works fine, settings may be wiped using sqlite3 tool (com.google.telephony.provider/databases/telephony.db)

I will try and replicate that.....i am used to APN backup and restore and restoring my old apn's for it's the same from my cappy and infuse.

EDIT: I assume the error is when you manually add APN (settings > wireless and network > mobile network > Access Point Names > menu then "Add APN"), after you created, you can't edit, even tap spamming does not work...
21st February 2012, 12:53 PM   |  #252  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 41

106 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby131

the error is when you manually add APN (settings > wireless and network > mobile network > Access Point Names > menu then "Add APN"), after you created, you can't edit, even tap spamming does not work

Yeah, this is perfectly correct description.
21st February 2012, 03:43 PM   |  #253  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 42

218 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by romanr

APN settings app is broken.
1. It's possible to add APN but not to modify or delete. Long-press on the apn does not do anything.
2. Restore to default hangs, then entire app becomes blocked by rotating progress thing. Unable to terminate.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby131

I assume the error is when you manually add APN (settings > wireless and network > mobile network > Access Point Names > menu then "Add APN"), after you created, you can't edit, even tap spamming does not work...

I was also facing the same problem.. Used few APN Eiting apps available in marked for modifying and deleting..

However it is only for the first APN Setting where editing is not possible.
Hence i created a dummy APN first which i am not using..
From Second APN Onwards you can delete and modify.
22nd February 2012, 06:47 AM   |  #254  
Thanks Meter: 8

130 posts
Awesome ROM
I just love this! Goodbye AT&T and Google bloat! I'm currently staying in Kuwait so we do not have Google Navigation here, so I installed the Brut Google Maps "Ownhere" thing and it's working perfectly with the stock Samsung speech engine.

Just one thing, does anyone know how I can add RTL (alignment and connected letters) for Arabic language? I found a guide here (blogDOTdevasqueDOTcom/how-to-apply-patch/) which made me end up with a soft bricked phone
23rd February 2012, 06:52 PM   |  #255  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 676

1,209 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinayS

I was also facing the same problem.. Used few APN Eiting apps available in marked for modifying and deleting..

However it is only for the first APN Setting where editing is not possible.
Hence i created a dummy APN first which i am not using..
From Second APN Onwards you can delete and modify.

Sorry guys, I was a few days off focusing on my site, hope you like it

For this error it appeared for me in several rom without apparent reasons I use an app to manage that, it is a shame, but until some good dev want to help me in compiling CM7...
28th February 2012, 06:23 PM   |  #256  
Thanks Meter: 39

333 posts
More
Do not announce device model to Market App?
Carpe

it may be a re-flash with some subtle changes, is there any way to remove device model reporting to Market App? I'm tired of trying to download applications and getting the "This application not supported on your device Hurr-Durr!" popup BS. I'm a big boy, if the app(s) don't work, I uninstall no problem. My only other choice is to blackmarket the .apk and force install via Titanium, and then I'm not really giving anything back to the developers...

Thanks
L4T
28th February 2012, 08:08 PM   |  #257  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

1,209 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookin4Trouble

Carpe

it may be a re-flash with some subtle changes, is there any way to remove device model reporting to Market App? I'm tired of trying to download applications and getting the "This application not supported on your device Hurr-Durr!" popup BS. I'm a big boy, if the app(s) don't work, I uninstall no problem. My only other choice is to blackmarket the .apk and force install via Titanium, and then I'm not really giving anything back to the developers...

Thanks
L4T

I never had this issue, what app gives you this message??
29th February 2012, 12:51 PM   |  #258  

333 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeNoctem

I never had this issue, what app gives you this message??

A couple of games, specifically ones from NGMOCO. I search for them in the market, they don't appear in search results, but I had them before on other devices, so they are in my computer browser results - if I try to push them from there, that's when I get the message about incompatible device.

Thanks for your help!
29th February 2012, 04:38 PM   |  #259  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

1,209 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookin4Trouble

A couple of games, specifically ones from NGMOCO. I search for them in the market, they don't appear in search results, but I had them before on other devices, so they are in my computer browser results - if I try to push them from there, that's when I get the message about incompatible device.

Thanks for your help!

which phone did you have before ?
29th February 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #260  

333 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeNoctem

which phone did you have before ?

T-Mo G2 (HTC Desire Z if I remember correctly what that maps to)

The real fun with NGMOCO is they tag the i927R as a supported device, but not the i927 :P

L4T

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread