OP CarpeNoctem

15th March 2012, 07:05 PM   |  #281  
Flag Duluth
Thanks Meter: 46

208 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby131

Good Day!

I reflashed this ROM and I am having a hard time trouble-shooting an issue.

looking at No-Frills CPUl, my CPU is constant at 216mhz and not undergoing deep sleep when screen is off. It is normal when plugged-in but my Glide is discharging and no signs of deep sleep. I wipe data and install only no-frills cpu before restoring my apps and I still have the same results...

My G/F's phone is actually exhibiting the same symptoms, looking at CPU Spy shows the majority of the time at 216Mhz and experiencing not great battery life (High Android OS drain). She uses a breastfeeding tracker, so thought it may have been that using CPU cycles, but yesterday after not using it all day, same results. Thinking about going back to stock and seeing if the issue persists, not that I'm an expert, but I'm thinking this is probably a kernel problem moreso than a ROM error.
The Following User Says Thank You to jwood55812 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd March 2012, 02:53 AM   |  #282  
Flag Winnipeg, MB Canada
Thanks Meter: 127

918 posts
More
Quote:

Good Day!

I reflashed this ROM and I am having a hard time trouble-shooting an issue.

looking at No-Frills CPUl, my CPU is constant at 216mhz and not undergoing deep sleep when screen is off. It is normal when plugged-in but my Glide is discharging and no signs of deep sleep. I wipe data and install only no-frills cpu before restoring my apps and I still have the same results...

okay, the above quoted text is a false alarm in my case. I found out that my wifi policy set to Never is causing the issue, not the setting itself by I believe it has something to do with my router.

EDIT: I have 3 apps running as Service-Only and killing these after boot prevents wakelocks
Last edited by gabby131; 22nd March 2012 at 05:22 PM.
22nd March 2012, 07:08 PM   |  #283  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Exclamation Can't download ROM :(
I can't download the ROM, is there a mirror link? It's giving me 9 bytes/second!

I tried many internet connections, same thing cannot download!
22nd March 2012, 07:38 PM   |  #284  
Flag Winnipeg, MB Canada

918 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar37

I can't download the ROM, is there a mirror link? It's giving me 9 bytes/second!

I tried many internet connections, same thing cannot download!

it is quite a challenge downloading, so just keep trying. If you are downloading using your Android phone, use Opera Mobile (not Mini). Quite speedy in my case.
22nd March 2012, 08:29 PM   |  #285  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 676

1,209 posts
More
I am going to change my hosting, but no cache to invest at the moment...
23rd March 2012, 02:42 AM   |  #286  
Flag Winnipeg, MB Canada

918 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeNoctem

I am going to change my hosting, but no cache to invest at the moment...

I believe it's like seasonal or something, I redownload the ROM for another Glide and it took only 3 minutes to download....BTW have not been in Osimood site quite a bit and love the improvements, and specially, the benchmark caparison engine....
23rd March 2012, 03:30 AM   |  #287  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

1,209 posts
More
Quote:

I believe it's like seasonal or something, I redownload the ROM for another Glide and it took only 3 minutes to download....BTW have not been in Osimood site quite a bit and love the improvements, and specially, the benchmark caparison engine....

Thanks but I need help to populate the results and cooks dont seem to be ready to do it so...
23rd March 2012, 04:07 AM   |  #288  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

1,209 posts
More
Great News of the day!!! ICS is coming to us soon: http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/22/h...oid-4-ics-att/
The Following User Says Thank You to CarpeNoctem For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2012, 05:39 AM   |  #289  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 794

1,266 posts
Donate to Me
More
:P
23rd March 2012, 05:48 AM   |  #290  
Flag Seguin, Texas
Thanks Meter: 233

562 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeNoctem

Great News of the day!!! ICS is coming to us soon: http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/22/h...oid-4-ics-att/

Great! If this rolls out for our glides, I wonder if the root and development would have to start over? The other thought too... On some other devices, major updates seriously made them lag making the updates not worth the trouble. I'm sure it can be tailored to fit tho. Looking forward to seeing this!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread