Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,758 Members 37,847 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][07/06/12] i927(r)_2.06.07_OsiMood - Light gets Lighter

Tip us?
 
purple.epod
Old
#31  
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
I appreciate that. In the meantime, I'm going to try and flash back to stock+root if I'm able, but I don't have a Windows pc to use ODIN with, and Heimdall isn't working for me either, so that'll depend on some kind soul uploading a CWM flashable ROM and kernel. That, or in a day or two I can probably get my paws on a Windows box.

Here's hoping this all gets sorted, I like your ROM!
 
purple.epod
Old
#32  
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Yet another interesting thing... Get Jar won't download apps, and I can't receive MMS messages. Texts work ok though. It's definitely a data issue, it occurs with both 3g and wifi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using Tapatalk
 
gabby131
Old
#33  
gabby131's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 127
Posts: 918
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winnipeg, MB Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.epod View Post
Yet another interesting thing... Get Jar won't download apps, and I can't receive MMS messages. Texts work ok though. It's definitely a data issue, it occurs with both 3g and wifi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using Tapatalk
Odd....i do fine on wifi and 3g+.

Try a universal rogers apn:
apn name: internet.com
Leave everything else blank.

For wifi, forget and re-add the network.
 
m4n4king
Old
#34  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 18
Join Date: Dec 2011
I flashed the cranium kernel and then i CWM backed up the stock/root you provided to us earlier around novemeber? i flashed osimood you posted earlier in this thread but i lost root? i killed su and resinstalled the one from the website, but i cant OC it says failed to set CPU frequencies, i checked rootcheckbasic and it says im not root

any ideas?
 
CarpeNoctem
Old
#35  
CarpeNoctem's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 673
Posts: 1,209
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4n4king View Post
I flashed the cranium kernel and then i CWM backed up the stock/root you provided to us earlier around novemeber? i flashed osimood you posted earlier in this thread but i lost root? i killed su and resinstalled the one from the website, but i cant OC it says failed to set CPU frequencies, i checked rootcheckbasic and it says im not root

any ideas?
If you install the root from the site you should have it back, if not, the new version fixing the problem should be up in a few hours, want to be sure it is all working before
I am a Cook, not a Chef! I don't pretend to be a dev but still I am learning everyday and enjoy sharing my work

APN Generator
-- OsiMood APN Generator

Benchmarks Comparator
-- OsiMood Benchmarks Comparator


 
m4n4king
Old
#36  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 18
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeNoctem View Post
If you install the root from the site you should have it back, if not, the new version fixing the problem should be up in a few hours, want to be sure it is all working before
i reflashed with your stock rooted i had in my downloads and i have root again

looking for a cwm-r stock rooted/att rogers rom/kernel solution
 
CarpeNoctem
Old
#37  
CarpeNoctem's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 673
Posts: 1,209
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York
Ok so I tried to wipe and the data and it is working just fine just setting the APN
For the root, the new version is on its way
I am a Cook, not a Chef! I don't pretend to be a dev but still I am learning everyday and enjoy sharing my work

APN Generator
-- OsiMood APN Generator

Benchmarks Comparator
-- OsiMood Benchmarks Comparator


 
purple.epod
Old
#38  
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Once I got ahold of a system with ODIN and switched to the stock Rogers writable kernel from the "Rooting the Glide" thread, everything worked fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using Tapatalk
 
CarpeNoctem
Old
#39  
CarpeNoctem's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 673
Posts: 1,209
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York
New version up includes:
  • Extended Power Menu - Without confirmation message
  • Some more apps removed to have it even lighter
  • Apps folders fixed - Adaway will be install but can be removed
  • APKs are now optimized to gain in speed and size
I am a Cook, not a Chef! I don't pretend to be a dev but still I am learning everyday and enjoy sharing my work

APN Generator
-- OsiMood APN Generator

Benchmarks Comparator
-- OsiMood Benchmarks Comparator


The Following User Says Thank You to CarpeNoctem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
purple.epod
Old
#40  
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Does your new version use the OC'd kernel from ardatdat? Cause once I replaced that, my issues stopped.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes